Blacks,asians,arabs, etc???
Why is this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matthewduncan
Ethnic minorities.
Why is this

Can't afford it
every day is scary enough when the police might shoot you just for your skin colour
its not part of stereotypical tradition
Im black and I definitely celebrate Halloween XD most of my friends who are black also celebrate it, maybe its just the people with whom you surround yourself?
Lol I see no point behind Halloween.
Ethnic minorities.
Why is this

What makes you think they don't obviously there are those who do not celebrate halloween, ethnicity is irrelevant here.
Wiser
I know of a few white people who choose to not celebrate halloween, to say its just ethnic minorities is a bit ignorant, its just personal opinion :tongue: irrespective of the colour of their skin
just smarter
consumerism only gets the dumb brah
Any statistics or figures? Or is this another baseless argument used to stir more racial hatred in the comments. Also Inb4 "None of my non-white friends celebrate it".
They do tho lel
(Astaags)
Reply 12
Original post by defenestrated
every day is scary enough when the police might shoot you just for your skin colour

Not in the UK
More importantly, who on earth outside the Americas still uses the term "people of colour"? We're going backwards!!!
Original post by demx9
Not in the UK

I think halloween is just generally less of a thing in the uk
Reply 15
Your racism is showing.

They have rival gangs of the same colour to worry about more.

Have you even got an example of one person shot by the police because of their skin colour?

Original post by yulebook
More importantly, who on earth outside the Americas still uses the term "people of colour"? We're going backwards!!!

Progressive racists.
Reply 16
Ethnic minorities.
Why is this

Because there's no need to celebrate it and also different culture. I had never heard of halloween until after 4yrs of being in England, and it was kind of a shock. The idea of dressing up, going around strangers house asking for candies seemed weird and rude to me, until I learned what the event was.

What shocked me the most was the idea of Santa Claus (the fact that an old man suddenly finds a way inside your house when everyone is asleep really terrified me).
Original post by Kurtle

They have rival gangs of the same colour to worry about more.

Have you even got an example of one person shot by the police because of their skin colour?

Well I mean, no police officer is going to say "you're black so I'm shooting you"
But the number of unarmed black people being shot is much higher than that of white people
Clearly, it's terrible that anyone at all is being shot while unarmed, but that does show racism

You are on a .co.uk site, not a .com one.
Reply 19
Original post by JoshDawg
You are on a .co.uk site, not a .com one.

Not every .com site is American.

Quick Reply

Latest