The Student Room Group

Fuming after seeing some of the responses in 'working class white males thread'

I suspect you've seen the thread started recently to discuss why working class white males are performing the worst at school.

Within the first page, I saw several replies (with numerous amounts of reps on them) that explicitly said or implied it was because they are lazy.

Now, imagine we were discussing why black people have the highest crime rate of any ethnic group in America. If anyone dared to suggest that it was in any way black people's fault (I'm not saying it is at all), they would be torn apart.

From my own experience at state school, I see an entire group of people in each year who are just doomed. This is a mixed male and female group, and they usually just leave education at 16.

However, I'd have to say that the next lowest group is boys who are slightly below average, average or exceptionally above average. This is in terms of resources and attention given to their education. I'm saying that all girls (other than those in the 'doomed' group) and slightly above average boys get the most attention. I'm not sure the reason why (in my case anyway) it's only slightly above average boys who get attention equal to girls.

In the lead up to GCSEs, the attention my friends and I (myself and 1 friend are exceptionally above average, the rest are average or below) got compared to some people was ridiculously low. I could tell months in advance that most of my friends would struggle to get 5C's, yet most teaching attention was given to the middle class white girl who wants to study music at Bath, or the black girl who 'needs' to get an A*, so it can be mentioned in some banal report pn diversity.

I'm from a lower-middle class family, and although I have done well for myself so far, I'm able to see unfairness. Everything at school revolves around the whims of females in the class (this may sound petty, but the amount this happened at my school, for example not doing science practicals because they 'stink'). Furthermore, any dissent against this cultural marxist attitude is dismissed as being a BNP supporting foreigner hating ****.

brb learnt french entirely off my own back, you talk about cultural enrichment yet 'languages are boring'

brb teachers who demonize any type of masculinity

brb special classes and courses just for girls

brb positive discrimination denying me and other guys places for things

wow felt good to get all that off my chest.

come at me

Scroll to see replies

Welcome to the misandrist world of 2015.
Hm, interesting post.

I agree with most part with your post, except the part of the black girl needing an A* for a diversity report... Black people need higher grades than white people to get the same job, because people like you feel white people are marginalised in a country which is overwhelmingly white.
Just because you hear about the fight about racism and diversity 'a lot', it doesn't mean that Britain is helping disadvantaged minorities, because people like you feel that enough has already been done, so if you were in a position of giving a job to a white or black person, you'd choose a white person because you think that white, working class people have it hard.
White, working class people don't have it hard. Working class people whatever colour they may be, have it hard due to their circumstances.

I wish people would forget about colour completely, but your post shows that affirmative action is probably needed now more than ever.
Original post by richpanda
I suspect you've seen the thread started recently to discuss why working class white males are performing the worst at school.

Within the first page, I saw several replies (with numerous amounts of reps on them) that explicitly said or implied it was because they are lazy.

Now, imagine we were discussing why black people have the highest crime rate of any ethnic group in America. If anyone dared to suggest that it was in any way black people's fault (I'm not saying it is at all), they would be torn apart.

From my own experience at state school, I see an entire group of people in each year who are just doomed. This is a mixed male and female group, and they usually just leave education at 16.

However, I'd have to say that the next lowest group is boys who are slightly below average, average or exceptionally above average. This is in terms of resources and attention given to their education. I'm saying that all girls (other than those in the 'doomed' group) and slightly above average boys get the most attention. I'm not sure the reason why (in my case anyway) it's only slightly above average boys who get attention equal to girls.

In the lead up to GCSEs, the attention my friends and I (myself and 1 friend are exceptionally above average, the rest are average or below) got compared to some people was ridiculously low. I could tell months in advance that most of my friends would struggle to get 5C's, yet most teaching attention was given to the middle class white girl who wants to study music at Bath, or the black girl who 'needs' to get an A*, so it can be mentioned in some banal report pn diversity.

I'm from a lower-middle class family, and although I have done well for myself so far, I'm able to see unfairness. Everything at school revolves around the whims of females in the class (this may sound petty, but the amount this happened at my school, for example not doing science practicals because they 'stink'). Furthermore, any dissent against this cultural marxist attitude is dismissed as being a BNP supporting foreigner hating ****.

brb learnt french entirely off my own back, you talk about cultural enrichment yet 'languages are boring'

brb teachers who demonize any type of masculinity

brb special classes and courses just for girls

brb positive discrimination denying me and other guys places for things

wow felt good to get all that off my chest.

come at me

[video="youtube;zh_vIlp-300"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_vIlp-300&ab_channel=SilexW[/video]
Reply 4
Welcome to TSR my friend.
Glad you are putting in the effort however it's too late for many who have succumbed to chav culture/benefit life who make up the majority of the statistics.

Don't hate the numbers hate the game brah
Reply 6
Its ok OP it could be worse. You could be a muslim on tsr.
Reply 7
Classism is far more important than racism is in the UK. It's not working class white males, but just working class people in general.
Reply 8
Original post by Aspiring_Lawyer

Black people need higher grades than white people to get the same job, because people like you feel white people are marginalised in a country which is overwhelmingly white.

Where is the White, Male, Working Class Society again?
Which company hires white males "For Diversity!!"?

I assume you have evidence for your claims.

Just because you hear about the fight about racism and diversity 'a lot', it doesn't mean that Britain is helping disadvantaged minorities, because people like you feel that enough has already been done,

What's a "disadvantaged" minority?

so if you were in a position of giving a job to a white or black person, you'd choose a white person because you think that white, working class people have it hard.

You're projecting your own racism onto the OP:

I wish people would forget about colour completely, but your post shows that affirmative action is probably needed now more than ever.

See?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
African Americans are just stupid and lazy.

/thread.

Too lazy.

Just because you hear about the fight about racism and diversity 'a lot', it doesn't mean that Britain is helping disadvantaged minorities...

Got a rep from me, I couldn't have put it better.

It's like the benefits rage. I just don't get it. Do the best that you can do and be happy, whatever ethnicity or standing in society you are. Why is disadvantaging someone else the only way for you to feel like you are contentedly prospering?
Even though I am often the first to mock and ridicule members of the white working class ('chavs'), I am aware that there is a hypocrisy whereby it is socially acceptable to blame poor white males for their predicament, but should you blame anything other than society for any failings of any other group, you are labelled an angry white man or a BNP supporter. In general I support left wing social policy, but I don't believe the average member of the white working class in say Liverpool or Glasgow really feels much privilege.
From what I saw at my school, teachers would tend to help whoever was asking for help the most, and the girls who were already on A/A* would never stfu, whereas the boys on C/D borderline wouldn't be putting that much effort into getting help on stuff

It's unfortunate that a lot of my teachers didn't really show the initiative to just force help and attention upon people but eh what can ya do

Hm, interesting post.

I agree with most part with your post, except the part of the black girl needing an A* for a diversity report... Black people need higher grades than white people to get the same job, because people like you feel white people are marginalised in a country which is overwhelmingly white.

Your conclusion doesn't seem to follow yer premise there m8

plz
Original post by Kurtle
Where is the White, Male, Working Class Society again?
Which company hires white males "For Diversity!!"?

I assume you have evidence for your claims.

What's a "disadvantaged" minority?

You're projecting your own racism onto the OP:

See?
REKT
Reply 13
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Even though I am often the first to mock and ridicule members of the white working class ('chavs':wink:, I am aware that there is a hypocrisy whereby it is socially acceptable to blame poor white males for their predicament, but should you blame anything other than society for any failings of any other group, you are labelled an angry white man or a BNP supporter. In general I support left wing social policy, but I don't believe the average member of the white working class in say Liverpool or Glasgow really feels much privilege.

Exactly, although I probably disagree with a lot of your views, I hope we have a mutual hatred of hypocrisy. An example of a bit of right wing hypocrisy is right wingers who say they are against abortion, yet they would make their wife/girlfriend have one so that they don't have to have a kid. I am anti abortion for the record anyway.
Reply 14

notsureifsrs.jpg
in my experience, companies will much more likely hire the ethnic minority candidate.
Reply 15
Original post by richpanda
An example of a bit of right wing hypocrisy is right wingers who say they are against abortion, yet they would make their wife/girlfriend have one so that they don't have to have a kid.

I've never heard that one before. It sounds very made up...
Reply 16
Original post by Kurtle
I've never heard that one before. It sounds very made up...

It's much less common than the Left's hypocrisy, that's probably why.
They only have themselves to blame is the message everyone wants to get across. You cannot hide from statistics.
Reply 18
Original post by Bill_Gates
They only have themselves to blame is the message everyone wants to get across. You cannot hide from statistics.

^^
I love white tears

Quick Reply

Latest