The Student Room Group

Vibrators

Hey. I'm 17 and I want to buy a vibrator/sex toy. I'm guessing if I went into Ann summers they'd just turn me away? What about boots? I know they do some. If I went to the self-check out would it beep for age approval when I scan it? Surely that would be awkward for anyone so they wouldn't do it?
Any advice? Like I guess I could ask my mates but it might be awkward?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My best advice would be to browse and buy online. Most online shops will often give you free-shipping and discrete packaging (e.g for one site the return address is just LH and it comes up on your bank details as LH too).

If you have a super close best mate then that would be a viable option too!
.. which means that many people know what LH means :smile:

No, Anne Summers are not going to ask you for ID unless you really do look young. (It's not illegal to sell a vibrator to someone under 18.) The main problem is that most of the products they stock are crap.

Do Boots sell anything other than the mains powered massagers? Very intense stimulation... and sold for things like muscle pain rather than masturbation. (Looks - oh, they do a couple.)

If you can use whatever form of payment they want, LH are a much better option.
Original post by unprinted

No, Anne Summers are not going to ask you for ID unless you really do look young. (It's not illegal to sell a vibrator to someone under 18.) The main problem is that most of the products they stock are crap.

Do Boots sell anything other than the mains powered massagers? Very intense stimulation... and sold for things like muscle pain rather than masturbation. (Looks - oh, they do a couple.)

Oh do you think I should try Ann Summers then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anoymous1111

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly LH is much better as opposed to Ann Summers!

Original post by unprinted

True, but hopefully if anyone in the family picks up the package and sees LH, hopefully, they shouldn't know.. :biggrin:

Also still agreeing that LH is a better option!
Most of what Ann Summers sells is crap, LH have a better range but not the best

Take a good look around on line, most online retailers deliver in plain packaging (no LH on the box)

If your after something simple but very high quality take a look at a Rocks Off Vibe, as for mains powered they can be great fun, the Doxy is probably the best on the market at the moment (operates at about a 3 on the richter scale.....

You could do, but again most of what they sell is over-priced rubbish.

Decide what sort of vibrator you want - mains vs battery, shape, material - then look online. Not everything LH sell is great, but it's hard to argue with their customer service, including being able to return stuff after using it.

If you're in London, try a visit to Sh!
Dont worry about it, Ann Summers is really chilled actually. Just walk in and they won't stop you. I first went in when I was 16 and I am a bloke and I was alright.
Reply 9
You will have no issues in Anne Summers,,just go in browse and buy.

I would advise you think twice about use of vibrators though especially when used on the clitoral area as it can actually modify your response to stimulation such that you may well fin it harder to orgasm during sex with a partner as you will have learned to respond to the vibe.

A better choice would perhaps be a normal sized dildo with no vibe and just masturbate manually..i.e no vibe..
I bought one on Storenvy, though it can be pretty overpriced

I've never used LH or Ann Summers but yeah from what I've seen, I'd suggest LH over Ann Summers. Better prices, and probably better products :smile:
Original post by Limpopo
I would advise you think twice about use of vibrators though especially when used on the clitoral area as it can actually modify your response to stimulation such that you may well fin it harder to orgasm during sex with a partner as you will have learned to respond to the vibe.

For those that need a powerful stimulation to orgasm, only being able to come that way isn't a problem. For most women, it's simply a case of keeping masturbating in a variety of ways - sometimes with a toy, sometimes without.

It's also entirely possible to use toys in partner sex...
Reply 12
Borrow mine? :wink:
Hey. I'm 17 and I want to buy a vibrator/sex toy. I'm guessing if I went into Ann summers they'd just turn me away? What about boots? I know they do some. If I went to the self-check out would it beep for age approval when I scan it? Surely that would be awkward for anyone so they wouldn't do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Superdrug sell them #studentdiscount
Do Superdrug ask for I’d if under 18?
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google is your best friend.
dont go ann summers.
me and my friend tried once when we were 17 and we just got asked for id and we were underage so couldnt buy it. i guess he feeling of pleasure can only be expereince by 18's and over.
maybe you should try ann summers online or amazon because they do discreet shipping and dont ask for age verification

Quick Reply

Latest