The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saeed97
So elections just happened. Are the AKP any good?

Ask a Turkish citizen how life was in Turkey 14 years ago before AKP came into power. Then ask them how life is at the moment. They completely changed Turkey for the better. This isn't hearsay, my family have actually lived through the transition of what Turkey used to be, to what it is today.
Original post by daisychain_
Are you being serious?

http://www.sabah.com.tr/haberleri/sehit
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/9-sehit/

I find it laughable that you're actually asking someone Turkish to support the PKK. Maybe you're just a really good troll.

Go and create a kurdish thread or something

More AKP-owned News. You're still not understanding are you?

I beg you to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_Turkey#AKP_government_pressure_over_media

Also, I have not asked anything of you apart from to open your eyes, which would be a great thing to do at this point.
Ask a Turkish citizen how life was in Turkey 14 years ago before AKP came into power. Then ask them how life is at the moment. They completely changed Turkey for the better. This isn't hearsay, my family have actually lived through the transition of what Turkey used to be, to what it is today.

And your opinion on Erdogan
Original post by qwerty123A
More AKP-owned News. You're still not understanding are you?

I beg you to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_Turkey#AKP_government_pressure_over_media

Also, I have not asked anything of you apart from to open your eyes, which would be a great thing to do at this point.

Why do Kurds like you have to ruin it for the other Kurds out there? :sigh:
Why do Kurds like you have to ruin it for the other Kurds out there? :sigh:

I dont understand your point. Anyhow, its been nice debating with you.
Not exactly Turkish, but my grandads father was until he migrated to India, so Turkey remains an important profile to an extent...
Thoughts on AKP party?
Original post by saeed97
And your opinion on Erdogan

As outsiders, my non-Turkish Muslims friends support him, whilst idiots in my country can't appreciate what he's don for Turkey, which is a lot. He is the founder of AKP.
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Thoughts on AKP party?

Don't have any Turkish friends lol
Interesting, seems like they've done Turkey a lot of good.
As outsiders, my non-Turkish Muslims friends support him, whilst idiots in my country can't appreciate what he's don for Turkey, which is a lot. He is the founder of AKP.

Huh? What have non-turkish muslims got to do with my questions. I was asking you, as a turk, what your opinion on him is.
Original post by saeed97
Huh? What have non-turkish muslims got to do with my questions. I was asking you, as a turk, what your opinion on him is.

Erdogan has had a positive influence internationally, so the fact that non-Turks like him is a point in itself.

A lot of Turks see him as the best president Turkey has had in a long time, and I agree.
I do.

Careful, my friend; the PKK is classified as a terrorist organisation by the EU.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Careful, my friend; the PKK is classified as a terrorist organisation by the EU.

If they are terrorists then I don't know what to call the Turkish government. Killing 102 and injuring 400 must surely be classed as terrorism. Plus I have no affiliation with them, so I dont know why you're telling me to be careful.
Erdogan has had a positive influence internationally, so the fact that non-Turks like him is a point in itself.

A lot of Turks see him as the best president Turkey has had in a long time, and I agree.

Interesting.
Ffs I joined this thread expecting to bond with people over baklava and cardamom coffee why did it get so political omg can we chill please
Original post by yasaminO_o
Ffs I joined this thread expecting to bond with people over baklava and cardamom coffee why did it get so political omg can we chill please

LOOL yeah baklava is buff. I like sekerpare more tho
Plus I have no affiliation with them, so I dont know why you're telling me to be careful.

As far as I'm aware, endorsing terrorism is a crime.

qwerty123A
If they are terrorists then I don't know what to call the Turkish government. Killing 102 and injuring 400 must surely be classed as terrorism.

What? :curious:

yasaminO_o

I guess the main reason would be because there is someone on the 'Turkish society' thread who hates Turkey. :dontknow:
Original post by yasaminO_o

I have never heard of that before :lolwut: Well the general election was yesterday and there's a potential terrorist on the thread so yeah.
I have never heard of that before :lolwut: Well the general election was yesterday and there's a potential terrorist on the thread so yeah.

I guess you're referring to me as a potential terrorist. Like i said previously, you're a shadow of your government.. Trying to diminish anyone who disgrees with you (as seen by the recent bombings in Ankara instigated by your government). Anyone who reads our debate will understand what im saying when I say your government is ****. I am ashamed to be from the same country as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending