The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

"You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough" :smile:
Reply 161
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried"
Original post by kennethdcharles
1) "Genius is 1% talent and 99% hard work," - Albert Einstein.
2) "Ego = 1/knowledge," - Albert Einstein
3) "If God is all you have, you have all you need," - John 14:8

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first one was by Thomas Edition,not Albert Einstein.
Original post by ArchmageRohan
I'm on a YouTube marathon of the Ricky Gervais Show/Idiot Abroad at the moment, hilarious stuff so I thought I'd share a bit more of Karl's genius!

Haha, great stuff! Thanks again. :smile:
Original post by Andy98
If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Outof_the_blue
"You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough" :smile:

Original post by Mo_Jo.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried"

Thee quotes are all so amazing. Thank you guys. :smile:
Original post by samantha j
and one of my favorite one is. you know my name NOT MY STORY

Yeah love it too!!! That's Demi Lovato, right? I'll be honest, I didn't like her music to begin with but after I had Iearnt more about her past and life in general, I found her really inspirational. Great quote! :biggrin:

Original post by cookiemunch
Thanks, i love how it can be interpreted in so many ways..

Absolutely! That's another massive reason why I love quotes too. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 165
'Do or do not, there is no try'

Best Regards to all, from the Great Apes Learn team!-FH
"It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That is how winning is done!"

No matter how many times I have failed in life, this quote has always helped me get back on my feet. :smile:
Original post by DeadEnd_96
"It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That is how winning is done!"

No matter how many times I have failed in life, this quote has always helped me get back on my feet. :smile:

Love that quote!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeadEnd_96

Same! I actually heard this quote for the first time last year but since then, it's really helped me too. I'm glad to hear that such a quote has helped you too. :smile:
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
"Work in silence let the success do the talking"
"You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future". How true, when you really think about it. Basically stop worrying about trivial things, as it will ruin your happiness and stop you from living for now x
"Be not afraid, for all great power throughout the history of humanity has been with the people. From out of their ranks have come all the greatest geniuses of the world, and history can only repeat itself. Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvellous work."

"Do not figure out big plans at first, but, begin slowly, feel your ground and proceed up and up."

"Do not wait for anybody or anything. Do whatever you can. Build your hope on none. Have faith in yourselves, and stand up on that faith and be strong; that is what we need."

- Vivekananda
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 173
Original post by Matrix123
Hi, thanks for all the recent quotes posted. Some of my personal favourites were @MathQ123, @alimunir2512, @_ariane29 (I love your profile pic by the way), @Imperion, @dipka, @Indeterminate, @sana_malik, @serah.exe, @Cinna21, @Carpe Diem Jay, @Evandra, @Danny the Geezer, @Andy98, @quentinhamilton and @MrsSheldonCooper (although I do love reading books). I know that's a lot, but thanks guys! :smile:

Thank's. Means a lot to be appreciated. And I can't explain how much I need the hope of these kind of quotes right now.

I used to have (still do) a notebook where I would collect all these kind of things, now on my 3rd-I am amazed at how long this is though, don't think I will ever be able to write all these many in! But I will read through the rest of this topic then post some more at the end. :smile:
Reply 174
I have never given out so much positive rating before as I just have on reading this!

"Our Fears must never hold us back from perusing our dreams" (wall on one of my classrooms at school, from my book)
"Fear is temporary, regret is forever" (unknown, sorry-I remember quotes but rarely seem able to remember sources, but will try more)
"Never forget your past, but don't let it damage your future" (unknown, sorry-I remember quotes but rarely seem able to remember sources, but will try more)
'Do what you love and you'll love the reaction' - some Indian mountain dew advert song

'Hakuna Matata - It means no worries' - TLK

'Reach for the stars so when you fall you land on the clouds' - Kanye West

'The sky's the limit. Scratch that you set your limitations, the mind and body can do much than anyone thinks or believes. So when you wake up tomorrow, forget your limits, because you can always do better' - Zack Merrick
Reply 176
"It will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"
- John Lennon

The end.
Reply 177
"Stars can't shine without darkness"
Original post by MangoCrazy
Original post by MangoCrazy

that quote is so true
Reply 179
"She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans"

Quick Reply

Latest