The Student Room Group

Closest degree subject to this?

Im been doing my general studies homework for a couple of hours (shouldnt have taken that long but i got engrossed in research) and im writing an essay on crime detection and technology and its involving things like hacking international databases, fraud, snoopers charter, pros and cons of tasers and allegations of racism within the american police. I dont know what degree i want to do at uni, none of my current subjects really stand out to me but im really enjoying learning about the stuff for this piece of work and as its one of ghe fee things that has stuck out to me as being really interesting and not feeking like a chore, im curious what subject it would be categorised as :smile:
Something like criminology and social policy, perhaps :dontknow:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Something like criminology and social policy, perhaps :dontknow:

What's that thing that Vlad does?
Forensic Computing?
Original post by ohnoitsme1
Forensic Computing?

Yes, that's it. Certainly something with a similar name.
Reply 5
Jurisprudence?
Law. More marketable than sociology/criminology too.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
What's that thing that Vlad does?

What the chap above said essentially, but that's specifically related to IT security etc, not the other things OP mentioned.
What the chap above said essentially, but that's specifically related to IT security etc, not the other things OP mentioned.

I just saw 'crime detection and technology' and 'hacking international databases' and that was the first thing I thought of. Of course, I don't understand why electricity doesn't dribble out of sockets, so it's not my forte.
I just saw 'crime detection and technology' and 'hacking international databases' and that was the first thing I thought of. Of course, I don't understand why electricity doesn't dribble out of sockets, so it's not my forte.

There are valves to keep it in, pushing the pins in forces the valves open so it can flow :smile:
There are valves to keep it in, pushing the pins in forces the valves open so it can flow :smile:

What are valves? Are they pixies?
What are valves? Are they pixies?

Of sorts.

Quick Reply