The Student Room Group

Texting guys first

Poll

Texting a guy first

Guys: how do you feel about girls texting you first? is it a bit too 'full on'/creepy/thirsty? or is it actually alright and something you wish they did more? turn on/off?

Girls: how do you feel about texting guys first? why do you/don't you do it?

EXTRA Q: How would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online?

Came up in a discussion i had today and was pretty interested in hearing other peoples opinions about it :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

tbh if i don't much care about a guy then i'll be fine texting them first
but if i do then i probably won't or i will and then get super stressed about it

I'M SO BACKWARDS I KNOW
i text first with no shame and then get no reply. sick.
Don't have time for mind games, will text someone if I wanna chat to them.
Reply 4
Original post by RainbowKiwi

Word.
Realistically, I'd often feel as if the guy is really busy or will just be like 'wtf i spoke to this chick yesterday :indiff:' so I end up not texting or I just speak to someone else

depends on the guy though
Original post by RainbowKiwi

exactly
Reply 7
Extra Q: how would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online via social media ? :h:
To me, who texts first does not matter in the slightest. There's no reason for a girl to not text first in my mind.

Nobody's ever texted me in that way tho (cri) so maybe I'm missing something?
Personally if a girl text me first I would think she's thirsty, it also depends a lot on what they are saying, and I'd say a stranger texting you on social media is almost normal nowadays
Texting first is the way forward
Original post by Retired_Messiah
To me, who texts first does not matter in the slightest. There's no reason for a girl to not text first in my mind.

Nobody's ever texted me in that way tho (cri) so maybe I'm missing something?

Perhaps because you're retired? :indiff:
Texting first is great, I encourage it. Girls now will literally wait days for you to message them then get angry because you didn't text

Random girl messaging me first? Would find that a bit thirsty but would definitely go along for the guaranteed sex at the end :yy:
Original post by Imperion
Perhaps because you're retired? :indiff:

I'm retired from being the Messiah, I am not retired from tha booty fam
Wow this is a thing? If i want to text someone il do so.
Original post by samina_ay
i text first with no shame and then get no reply. sick.

Erghh tell me about it :/ But in all honesty, I really don't care/
(edited 8 years ago)
I do text first, but generally only when I don't really care about the guy (ie I'm not romantically interested in him). If I do like him, I'll text first every so often but not frequently XD

The worst thing is when he doesn't reply or takes like 3 hours to reply. Makes you realise you probably shouldn't have texted first :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
The first time a girl texted me first, I thought it was a prank from my friends. :redface:
Original post by ravioliyears
Erghh tell me about it :/ But in all honesty, I really don't care/

Lol delete their number and when they do text you, be like "sorry, who's this?"
So far we're unanimously against guys having to text first as a rule :lol: this is a good thing...

Original post by robitussin
Extra Q: how would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online via social media ? :h:

Happens quite often. Probably directed at the girls though, so I'll shh :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending