Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
A fetus is a fetus.

However it will become a human.
A fetus is a fetus.

Fetus is just the fancy latin word for 'baby' or 'infant'

So a baby is a baby are you saying?

The only difference is that one is outside of the womb and one is inside. They still feel the same pain, cry ect ect inside the womb.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
What's your point?

My point is a fetus is not a human. A fetus is a fetus. It's life is not yet separate from the woman carrying it in her uterus.

Original post by United1892
However it will become a human.

A developing human perhaps but it is still a fetus. It's a form of life but you are not a murderer for having an abortion.

(Okay refer to my above points) and you say that but it certainly depends on weeks.
My point is a fetus is not a human. A fetus is a fetus. It's life is not yet separate from the woman carrying it in her uterus.

You try and wring it however you want. But it is a human.

It is alive. It is an animal. And depending on the stage of development: It's heart beats. It's brain dreams.

Whether that makes abortion morally acceptable is a different issue though.
Depends on the circumstance.
Original post by enaayrah
How old are you? :confused:

Find out.
You try and wring it however you want. But it is a human. It is alive. It is an animal. And depending on the stage of development: It's heart beats. It's brain dreams.

That depends on your perspective of 'alive'. Alive to me would mean being able to breath on your own without any support. That is life.
Do you believe it is morally alright to do so however?

And do you believe there should be a term/week limit?

I believe there are many ways of looking at it, thus there is no right or wrong answer to this. A foetus has the potential to become a living breathing human, and to kill it could potentially be seen as 'morally wrong' to some. Despite this, I think other factors are far more important, so I do think it can be morally right. If a mother does not want the baby, then the baby could potentially have a bad life being brought up without love, how is it fair to bring a child up without love? The mother could be financially unstable, and again could have a very bad life, that's not fair for the child, it's selfish.

A foetus is a bunch of cells, nothing more. Please do not compare abortion to the holocaust or slavery, that's just terrible.
Original post by MangoCrazy
Find out.

To think you'd be a little more mature...
Abortion is a choice. That's why the term "pro-choice exists".

Careful with statement.In China,it seems its the govt who makes the choices regarding abortion(they once made a woman terminate at eight months !).
Original post by enaayrah
To think you'd be a little more mature...

I'm immune to this statement you've just said. It has been said a lot.
Thanks tho. Bye.
Original post by drowzee
No, I'm right and you're wrong. :h:

When did people opinions become fact ?
Original post by Kadak
Careful with statement.In China,it seems its the govt who makes the choices regarding abortion(they once made a woman terminate at eight months !).

Don't blame abortions, blame politics.

A developing human perhaps but it is still a fetus. It's a form of life but you are not a murderer for having an abortion.

(Okay refer to my above points) and you say that but it certainly depends on weeks.

*Facepalm*

How can it not be human if it is composed of human dna and bears the genetic hallmarks of being Homo sapiens sapiens? Is it a centipede then?
That depends on your perspective of 'alive'. Alive to me would mean being able to breath on your own without any support. That is life.

Maybe in a kind of weird philosophical sense. Each of our cells is alive, as with a fetus.

Original post by drowzee
If a mother does not want the baby, then the baby could potentially have a bad life being brought up without love, how is it fair to bring a child up without love? The mother could be financially unstable, and again could have a very bad life, that's not fair for the child, it's selfish.

I would argue that shouldn't be the mother's choice to make. A child may still have a content life without the love or financial stability from their mother and/or parents.

Original post by drowzee
A foetus is a bunch of cells, nothing more. Please do not compare abortion to the holocaust or slavery, that's just terrible.

If you want to reduce it to that: we are all a bunch of cells.
Original post by drowzee
I believe there are many ways of looking at it, thus there is no right or wrong answer to this. A foetus has the potential to become a living breathing human, and to kill it could potentially be seen as 'morally wrong' to some. Despite this, I think other factors are far more important, so I do think it can be morally right. If a mother does not want the baby, then the baby could potentially have a bad life being brought up without love, how is it fair to bring a child up without love? The mother could be financially unstable, and again could have a very bad life, that's not fair for the child, it's selfish.

It isn't just a bunch of cells past a certain number of weeks, it's a fully formed yet miniature human being, complete with pain mechanisms, organs, all tissue formed, the ability to hear, taste, smell and react with fear or joy to external stimuli. Please do not dehumanise babies in the womb, not only is it not scientific it's bordering on genocidal.
Original post by Kadak
When did people opinions become fact ?

When people have ****ty views, they instantly stop being credible and I disregard what they say. I don't understand how anyone can be anything other than pro-choice tbh.
Freedom of speech: so a person can say whether an abortion is right or wrong, whilst not necessarily being "right" or "wrong" based on personal standards and view on life and therefore anyone on this thread who is trying to belittle a person based on their views is an oppressive ****lord.

To answer the OP, it really depends on the situation and should factor in health, living standards, how the pregnancy came about, and so forth.
Why are you 'face palming?'

There is nothing to 'face palm' about. Don't belittle my views, I haven't done that to you although I have the urge too.

I said it's a "process of life" which is exactly what a fetus is. A process of life meaning eventually it will turn into a human. You certainly aren't a murdered for having an abortion, but you would be for killing another human being.
Is it possible to be on both sides :colondollar:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending