The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Our fan-base overrate Bellerin so much tbh. Monreal on the other side outperforming him in every way and gets no attention.

Bellerin is improving defensively but he's a long way from the finished article.
(edited 8 years ago)
I disagree. Many of us consider mon the best lb in the league. Hector is a pretty boi so he has easier fanboism appeal and thus gets more mention.

I rather they both continue under the radar tbh.

This squad in terms of defensive fortitude get a lot of disrespect because of the legacy from the cesc and rvp era, and the odd terrible performance they have every now and then. You still find people that 'lol monreal'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Never thought I'd hear the day that Monreal would be considered one of the best LB's in the league
Cuz the quality of LBs in the Prem is something to behold.
I remember this time last year when I was the only one repping Monreal and getting slaughtered. Solid 12 months later and people are lining up to suck his dick
Original post by leinad2012
I remember this time last year when I was the only one repping Monreal and getting slaughtered. Solid 12 months later and people are lining up to suck his dick

Quotes or it never happened. :colonhash:
Original post by Rk2k14
Quotes or it never happened. :colonhash:

I've always believed tbh

Original post by sevchenko
I think people treatment of Monreal is quite harsh imo he's a good LB, he reads the game quite well. He's the type of player that needs a run of games and confidence
lol

Original post by Zürich
How is Monreal getting picked over Gibbs?
It's not as if Monreal's performance levels can't change over 12 months, jackass
reported
Id like to see Chambers play more at CB.

Under the guidance of Kosc and Cech I'm sure he can blossom into a top English centre half.

I think defence wise we are sorted.

Starting 5:

Cech

Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal

Backup/Rotation

Sceszny, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Chambers, Gabriel and Gibbs

I think Debuchy should be sold in the summer with Jenkinson becoming Bellerin's understudy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Chez will never be a world class GK or even a top class GK, quote me.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Cech will never be a world class GK or even a top class GK, quote me.

Yes he is. :s-smilie:
Original post by leinad2012

No this is utter BS lol stop trying to stand out

Original post by sevchenko
I've always believed tbh

You rate players when they're **** too so it doesn't mean anything
lold @ sev, when I was firing at daniel
Original post by AR_95
You rate players when they're **** too so it doesn't mean anything

I'm a glass half full kinda guy
Got to say that Cech/Coq have been unreal tbh

we have a better defence now than at any time since 2006 and arguably 2004 and 12 months ago we had just Kosc performing
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

we have a better defence now than at any time since 2006 and arguably 2004 and 12 months ago we had just Kosc performing

Not sure I'd go that far, Cole and Campbell outclass anyone we have now, and Toure/Lauren are arguably also better.
Original post by Zürich

This is probably the best team we've had since 06.
Original post by Rk2k14
Cuz the quality of LBs in the Prem is something to behold.

Moreno >

He always lets his man go so Sakho can look good by saving the day.
So bloody considerate.

Latest