The Student Room Group

3d animation

/ old post /
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, yea I literally went to Hertfordshire's open day to day. I've already finished my A-levels but wasn't enough room for my to do A-level art so im currently doing Foundation Diploma. It seems that most unis that offer similar courses always seems to use Maya(which sounds a bit to cliché to me). But if your looking for an easy 3D modelling program I'd differently recommend you try out Sculptris, i haven't really used it much(still new to it) but from what I know its epically tailored for beginners like us:smile:

Here's the site:
http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

If you want i can share some of the things ive randomly created

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TheDboyAi
Hi, yea I literally went to Hertfordshire's open day to day. I've already finished my A-levels but wasn't enough room for my to do A-level art so im currently doing Foundation Diploma. It seems that most unis that offer similar courses always seems to use Maya(which sounds a bit to cliché to me). But if your looking for an easy 3D modelling program I'd differently recommend you try out Sculptris, i haven't really used it much(still new to it) but from what I know its epically tailored for beginners like us:smile:

Here's the site:
http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

If you want i can share some of the things ive randomly created

Hope this helps:smile:

Hey!

Thanks for your reply but i posted this back in June!

Since then ive used sculptris amongst others but thank you anyway!

What did you think to hertfordshire? And where else are you applying :-)

Sophie
I thought it look genuinely quite nice, i didn't really explore round much on accommodation etc but i hear the city life ist bad either, the lecturer said that there animation courses are really competitive, not only against other unis but they've raised the ucas requirements to 300 ucas point for 3D Moddeling/Annimation because of the amount of applications they get.

So ill definitely put down hearts down on my ucas application, im also thinking of adding others like Staffordshire and Southampton solent , still not sure about Bournemouth though they really do some good animation courses. how about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I thought it look genuinely quite nice, i didn't really explore round much on accommodation etc but i hear the city life ist bad either, the lecturer said that there animation courses are really competitive, not only against other unis but they've raised the ucas requirements to 300 ucas point for 3D Moddeling/Annimation because of the amount of applications they get.

So ill definitely put down hearts down on my ucas application, im also thinking of adding others like Staffordshire and Southampton solent , still not sure about Bournemouth though they really do some good animation courses. how about you?

Hertfordshire was my first open day and I was certain I wanted to go there until I visited everywhere else.

I loved bucks new, the lecturers there are lovely, but Im hoping to get into southampton solent for CGI. Thats my dream because im leaning towards visulisation as a career!

So far i have an offer from portsmouth and an interview for lincoln! :-)

Sounds good though! Good luck with your application 😊😊

I heard that Bournemouth its really good for digital animation and game design! :smile: i am applaying there hahah i have to think a bit more about my other choices :biggrin:
Original post by sophieann14
Hertfordshire was my first open day and I was certain I wanted to go there until I visited everywhere else.

I loved bucks new, the lecturers there are lovely, but Im hoping to get into southampton solent for CGI. Thats my dream because im leaning towards visulisation as a career!

So far i have an offer from portsmouth and an interview for lincoln! :-)

Sounds good though! Good luck with your application 😊😊

Thanks alot:smile:, Ive just recently started using scruprtis (which will be towards my portfolio), I still basically dont fully know how to use it.
Ive uploaded one of the models/drafts that ive been working one. what do you think of it. ?

If you're still currently using scruptris, what things have you tried building that you'd recommend?
Hi Everyone,

I'm Chris a second year media student at Bournemouth University. Have you guys booked to come and see BU on one of our Open Days? You definitely should! Our media school facilities are industry level, including TV studios (which BBC have used for local work), radio stations, animation studios, a foley suite and loads more! All animation students that come to Bournemouth get the opportunity to do a placement year in the industry which adds to the hands on experience you will receive in animation. Alongside several other businesses BU also holds the BFX festival, which celebrates visual and sound effects. BU is the home of the NCCA (national centre for computer animation) and the only centre of excellence in media practise in the UK.

Anyway I won't leave a huge essay for you all to read but those are just some of the reasons why BU would be great for aspiring animators! Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Thanks

Chris :biggrin:
Reply 8
Thanks alot:smile:, Ive just recently started using scruprtis (which will be towards my portfolio), I still basically dont fully know how to use it.
Ive uploaded one of the models/drafts that ive been working one. what do you think of it. ?

If you're still currently using scruptris, what things have you tried building that you'd recommend?

Hey!

Where did you upload your model? Ill have a look! In terms of sculptris I only really made a few models, all of them were basic human faces!

I just had an interview at lincoln today and i got an offer which is good news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest