The Student Room Group

Stories about Secondary School PE

Ok so Im sure most of us hates Pe. Some more than others. So I thought it would be fun to tell people what the nonathletic people did.

So what I did for certain sports like Basketball, football those kinda sports, was to stand behind someone from the enemy team so they couldn't pass the ball to me and if i did i would throw it/kick it straight away. Or stand next to someone from my team so they would usually pass the ball to them.

For sports like rounders when i was batting i didn't even try to bat it as theres no point. When your fielding as most people are right handed when facing the same direction stand on their right(So when facing them stand on the left side) as the ball wont usually go there and if it does stand next to someone else from the team who would usually run after it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im ngl I'm sure I made up enough excuses to miss more lessons of PE than ones I actually did :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I don't actually remember doing PE....
Once during pe we were doing netball and one person decided to put me (the smallest person in the class) as goalkeeper against some of the tallest girls and that person got angry at the fact that I was "letting" all the goals in.
I hated PE. Although the pressure wasn't really on us girls. We played netball every lesson for about 3 years.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I hated PE. Although the pressure wasn't really on us girls. We played netball every lesson for about 3 years.

That's a lot of netball
I was very bad at P.E., and very accident prone, so quite a few things happened:

1. I once got hit in the eye by a rounders ball. It was red and swollen for three days or something.
2. I got hit in the head by a basketball.
3. I scraped my leg with my trainer another time we played rounders. The scar is still there.
4. We were doing these 'trust exercises' in the school's forest. I fell off the footbridge and into a ditch.
5. In gymnastics I offered to give the demonstration when doing vaults (nobody else would). Normally, I'm pretty good at the vault, but as I jumped up I hit my knees on it. It knocked me sick. Half an hour later I helped to put the equipment away, and I dropped the vault on my toes.
6. As an end of term treat, all the girls in my year got together in PE and we did fun little races (e.g. egg and spoon, relay). I took part in a skipping race, and I stumbled over the skipping rope and I flopped on the hard gym floor. Needless to say, it was very painful.

Oh, what fun I had.
Reply 7
Getting hit in the ball so hard that my glasses come flying off. :angry: Yep. I was THAT nerd. :colonhash:
You know youve done something wrong when you break a stage light in the hall :getmecoat:
I died.

The end.
Being a bit cheeky because this happened in primary school but I remember I scored my first and only goal in football because the goalkeeper was chatting to her friends on the sidelines
When I was batting in rounders once, I hit myself instead of the ball :frown: idek how
Reply 12
got hit in the face with a basketball - hate PE
The winning side always singing Queen - We Are The Champions.
(edited 8 years ago)
We used to have a PE teacher who sounded like she was at the peak of an orgasm everytime she shouted. :redface:
I was expecting this thread to be started by
I never did PE, even though we had compulsory PE classes from the first to the final year at school (because f**k you, that's why)...
I would get away with doing my homework or playing card games with other lazy people, or sometimes even playing chess. It was boring and the teacher of the last two years was a b*tch. We did all kinds of crazy sh!t, a classmate was drunk once and fell asleep on a mattress and others tied him up and built a giant cross for him. We were about to "crucify" and carry him somewhere but the teacher just had to come and wake him up lol.
Ugh pe T_T the lesson where sporty people showed off and the rest of us lost the will to live. Spreading rumors about the time the gym teacher threw a javelin through someone's chest and murdered them!! Or spending time in the fitness suite on the inflatable balls bouncing around
Reply 18
Original post by drowzee
Getting hit in the ball so hard that my glasses come flying off. :angry: Yep. I was THAT nerd. :colonhash:

I really cant imagine you with glasses:s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by Lagomorph
I never did PE, even though we had compulsory PE classes from the first to the final year at school (because f**k you, that's why)...
I would get away with doing my homework or playing card games with other lazy people, or sometimes even playing chess. It was boring and the teacher of the last two years was a b*tch. We did all kinds of crazy sh!t, a classmate was drunk once and fell asleep on a mattress and others tied him up and built a giant cross for him. We were about to "crucify" and carry him somewhere but the teacher just had to come and wake him up lol.

I know that for like the last 6 weeks i didnt pe as I just found like other lessons to do or I said I was doing revision for an exam- which I was but still not in a classroom.

Quick Reply

Latest