The Student Room Group

Guys would you be annoyed if your girlfriend did this?

I know 2 people in my floor, one guy and one girl, that get on great. The guy is single but the girl isn't but her boyfriend doesn't treat her that well. They have been mistaken for a couple a few times. They have had play fights in their rooms which they get quite close to each other in in. Everyone thinks the guy definitely likes the girl. When they were both drunk last week they were both laid on his bed facing each other holding hands but nothing happened between them. They watch films quite often in his room just the 2 of them but when her boyfriend asks who she is watching the films with she didn't say his name and just changed the subject.

Guys if this was your girlfriend would you be annoyed at how close they were and would you get jealous? How would you react if you found out how close they were and does it sounds like the girl possibly likes the guy? She isn't the type to cheat and she does talk about how great her boyfriend can be though.

Scroll to see replies

If this is just two random people on your floor then why are you making a thread about them; let them get on with it.

If the guy friend is you, just admit to it, because pretending it isn't is really irritating
Reply 2
I'd be uncomfortable, it's not a question of trust, which is paramount, but certainly a feeling of distance and replacement, maybe it's just me but i've always reserved touching and bedrooms for that special someone...
Original post by Anonymous
I know 2 people in my floor, one guy and one girl, that get on great. The guy is single but the girl isn't but her boyfriend doesn't treat her that well. They have been mistaken for a couple a few times. They have had play fights in their rooms which they get quite close to each other in in. Everyone thinks the guy definitely likes the girl. When they were both drunk last week they were both laid on his bed facing each other holding hands but nothing happened between them. They watch films quite often in his room just the 2 of them but when her boyfriend asks who she is watching the films with she didn't say his name and just changed the subject.

Guys if this was your girlfriend would you be annoyed at how close they were and would you get jealous? How would you react if you found out how close they were and does it sounds like the girl possibly likes the guy? She isn't the type to cheat and she does talk about how great her boyfriend can be though.

maybe he should treat her a bit better for a start... but if he really trusts her he shouldn't be worried, she should be able to have guy friends plus if she was drunk and nothing happened id say he doesn't have too much reason to worry maybe he should talk to her about it
Reply 4
i admit i'd be worried if it was my boyfriend.
Reply 5
Original post by 1999_student
maybe he should treat her a bit better for a start... but if he really trusts her he shouldn't be worried, she should be able to have guy friends plus if she was drunk and nothing happened id say he doesn't have too much reason to worry maybe he should talk to her about it

Yeah but does he 'mistreat' her or does he 'have a petty argument which is natural in any relationship' mistreat her.

If I was the boyfriend, I wouldn't care, because I'm awesome, and if my partner cheats on me, she's not the person I thought she was, and she's out of my life.

If I was the guy, I would back the **** off.

If I was the girl, I would either break up with my partner and sleep with the guy, or decide to stick with my current boyfriend and back the **** off.

If I was the neighbour, I'd get Netflix.

That covers all the bases, no matter who you might be in this situation.
Reply 7

Yes, this would annoy me. But I would probably accept that I'm not the no.1 any more in her life.

Are you friends with her? Maybe you should suggest she thinks about which of these two guys she'd rather be with, and make up her mind before things get ugly...
Original post by whorace
Yeah but does he 'mistreat' her or does he 'have a petty argument which is natural in any relationship' mistreat her.

kind of confused could you like rephrase sorry haha
Reply 9
Original post by whorace

also, if you don't know the boyfriend well why do you think that he mistreats her? this may be the message she communicates deliberately.
Original post by Kagutsuchi
If I was the boyfriend, I wouldn't care, because I'm awesome, and if my partner cheats on me, she's not the person I thought she was, and she's out of my life.

If I was the guy, I would back the **** off.

If I was the girl, I would either break up with my partner and sleep with the guy, or decide to stick with my current boyfriend and back the **** off.

If I was the neighbour, I'd get Netflix.

That covers all the bases, no matter who you might be in this situation.

:rofl:
Lol why do you care, let her enjoy her sex life man
Reply 12
kind of confused could you like rephrase sorry haha

There's a clear difference between physical and verbal abuse and a petty argument over something, the latter happens in absolutely every relationship due to differences, people argue that is natural, some nosy guys (like the guy friend) might think that constitutes some sort of mistreatment because they're immature and naive.
Original post by whorace

Original post by lucy_98
also, if you don't know the boyfriend well why do you think that he mistreats her? this may be the message she communicates deliberately.

He does mistreat her, he makes comments and remarks towards her that really are cruel and do hurt her. She has told me some of them and I have heard him say others to her when he came up to visit.
He does mistreat her, he makes comments and remarks towards her that really are cruel and do hurt her. She has told me some of them and I have heard him say others to her when he came up to visit.

then no wonder she's going off with this other guy all the time? What can he expect i don't know the ins and outs but from what i heard she could do with getting rid of someone who treats her like that, maybe if your her friend you could talk to her
Original post by georgiaswift
If this is just two random people on your floor then why are you making a thread about them; let them get on with it.

If the guy friend is you, just admit to it, because pretending it isn't is really irritating

I am not the guy friend but it is all everyone in the flat is talking about so I just wanted to see what other people thought.
then no wonder she's going off with this other guy all the time? What can he expect i don't know the ins and outs but from what i heard she could do with getting rid of someone who treats her like that, maybe if your her friend you could talk to her

I have tried but it is hard because she just says that we never see or hear about the nice things he does. In my opinion he could do a lot of nice things but it would never compensate for the comments he has made towards her and how he makes her feel but it is hard to get her to listen,
I have tried but it is hard because she just says that we never see or hear about the nice things he does. In my opinion he could do a lot of nice things but it would never compensate for the comments he has made towards her and how he makes her feel but it is hard to get her to listen,

obviously you cant make her change her mind maybe you should tell her this?

Could you give an example of what cruel things he is saying to her?
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Could you give an example of what cruel things he is saying to her?

It's just mainly cruel remarks about how she looks because since he thinks he looks good, he will point out every little flaw he thinks she has and tells her to change it to get her to look how he wants her to look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending