The Student Room Group

Should I do my homework or make up an excuse??

I have a Biology essay which is due tomorrow, its probably about 2/3 pages worth on researching stuff about ecology and is part of my coursework. I'm not sure how long it will take me but I'll probably be up most of the night and I have to be up at 7. If I make an excuse, then I'll still have to do it tomorrow evening but I'll have way more time. I also have a mock tomro (after the biology lesson) but I have about 2 hours and a half (free periods and lunch) to revise for that.

Should I do the Biology essay or make up an excuse??

Excuse would probably be "I forgot to print it out and its on my laptop at home".
I would say do part of it then go to sleep around 3am :smile:
Instead of spending time creating a thread and thinking of an excuse that won't benefit you in anyway whatsoever apart from avoiding getting a little smack on the wrist, log off TSR and do your homework.

p.s. I go to sleep around 2/3 every morning and wake up at 6:30. It's do-able.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just Do It!!
Don't do it!
Original post by bluemadhatter
I have a Biology essay which is due tomorrow, its probably about 2/3 pages worth on researching stuff about ecology and is part of my coursework. I'm not sure how long it will take me but I'll probably be up most of the night and I have to be up at 7. If I make an excuse, then I'll still have to do it tomorrow evening but I'll have way more time. I also have a mock tomro (after the biology lesson) but I have about 2 hours and a half (free periods and lunch) to revise for that.

Excuse would probably be "I forgot to print it out and its on my laptop at home".

Moral support? I have an essay due tomorrow that I HAVE to do and have no other choice. I have spent so much time on it but it's still not done :frown:
I've thought of a post-holiday homework excuse: you went abroad and left your homework in the foreign country and you only realised it was missing this evening so it was too late to do it again.
Original post by EastGuava
I've thought of a post-holiday homework excuse: you went abroad and left your homework in the foreign country and you only realised it was missing this evening so it was too late to do it again.

I've used this excuse at least 4 times in my life, it always does the trick :tongue:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I would say do part of it then go to sleep around 3am :smile:

I feel like if I do part of it, I still will use the same excuse therefore it would be as if I hadn't done it at all. I'll literally have 6 hours tomorrow evening to do IF I use that excuse. BUT going to bed at 3am will make me super tired AND I have a Biology mock as well and it wont be finished anyway therefore the only advantage of that would be I will spend less time on it tomro evening even though I'll have lots of time anyway.
I feel like if I do part of it, I still will use the same excuse therefore it would be as if I hadn't done it at all. I'll literally have 6 hours tomorrow evening to do IF I use that excuse. BUT going to bed at 3am will make me super tired AND I have a Biology mock as well and it wont be finished anyway therefore the only advantage of that would be I will spend less time on it tomro evening even though I'll have lots of time anyway.

Ok well you do what you think is best :h:

is your teacher nice though or will they be mad
Original post by JackFletch
I've used this excuse at least 4 times in my life, it always does the trick :tongue:

Lol, really? I only thought of it today. I'm not too sure why I was thinking about homework excuses when it's the first time I've actually done my homework before the last day of holidays. I feel sorry for people who haven't done theirs. xD
Original post by 1999_student
is your teacher nice though or will they be mad

she's nice but she'll probably be a LITTLE mad that I had the entire holiday and didnt "print" it out. Although I'm really hoping I'm not the only one who hasnt done it.
Reply 13
Don't make up an excuse. Say the real excuse.

Why didn't you do your homework? Were you super busy and forgot? Are you poor in time management?

You're a human being after all. There's only so much they can expect of you school. If your teacher bitches about it, take it and do it tomorrow night.
she's nice but she'll probably be a LITTLE mad that I had the entire holiday and didnt "print" it out. Although I'm really hoping I'm not the only one who hasnt done it.

if she won't be that mad you could probs get away with it but like i mean its best to do it unto you id do a little research and see if i could get it done depending on how hard i find it
Original post by RMNDK
Don't make up an excuse. Say the real excuse.

Why didn't you do your homework? Were you super busy and forgot? Are you poor in time management?

You're a human being after all. There's only so much they can expect of you school. If your teacher bitches about it, take it and do it tomorrow night.

because I'm a lazy human being but yeah I get where you are coming from

Original post by 1999_student
if she won't be that mad you could probs get away with it but like i mean its best to do it unto you id do a little research and see if i could get it done depending on how hard i find it

true, ill have a look at the material and estimate how long it will take me
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Moral support? I have an essay due tomorrow that I HAVE to do and have no other choice. I have spent so much time on it but it's still not done :frown:

Awww :frown: You can do it!! I believe in you :smile:
haha plan if not just use the excuse :colondollar:
because I'm a lazy human being but yeah I get where you are coming from

true, ill have a look at the material and estimate how long it will take me

Quick Reply

Latest