The Student Room Group

Racial bias test

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pizzad0gs
???? you're literally saying that because someone was scared they would feel negatively about their own race due to living in a (presumably) racist place that's racist???? i'm ???? if anything that shows how f**cked up western society is - that people of colour will for the most part prefer white people over their own race. think about that.
also side note racism towards white people's doesn't exist, at least not in western communities, as racism is based on a system of oppression and white people aren't oppressed.

Stop making up your own definitions of racism. Racism is the idea that one race is superior to another. Anyone can have racist thoughts, and anyone who acts on those thoughts is racist.
???? you're literally saying that because someone was scared they would feel negatively about their own race due to living in a (presumably) racist place that's racist???? i'm ???? if anything that shows how f**cked up western society is - that people of colour will for the most part prefer white people over their own race. think about that.
also side note racism towards white people's doesn't exist, at least not in western communities, as racism is based on a system of oppression and white people aren't oppressed.

Nobody said it was a racist place. My concern is nothing to do with whether or not that person could be tricked into believing nonsense by a certain racial group by another racial group even when doing so hurts them. It was more that their being worried about the prospect of having an opinion that shows that they have a preference towards white people AND NOT CARING AT ALL that they have a bias towards black people shows that they have "racial pride", or an innate bias towards aiding their own race. That is racism to everyone that is not their race and they see that they have that but fail to see it as racist, or do see it as racist but find it justified perhaps because more broadly their being their race disadvantages them? But that does not justify racism.

Lol, yes it does. Any definition that doesn't allow for that is systematically absurd and ought to be ignored. Such that rather hilarious one you gave. If that's racism then racism is irrelevant. But it is not irrelevant since that is not racism.
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Well ****, I'm a racist.
Reply 23
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
Being unconsciously biased is an unpleasant prospect but I feel that reasoned conscious considerations are more important. This test is a little bit flawed I guess; concentration can slip between sections, you can get streaks of things in the same category which allow you to go faster and you can fail to adapt to the switching sides. But in the wider statistical picture these issues should even out a bit.
I'm white, but this is utterly ridiculous.

"If your test results showed a preference for a certain group, you may have a hidden, or unconscious, bias in favor of that group"

Each ethnic group is going to have its own degree of bias towards their own kin. The fact that we have this isn't remotely "bad". The fact that a person explicitly turns down people of a different ethnicity is what's bad --- i.e RACISM.

Pick up a dictionary for once in your life.
Reply 26
Original post by yulebook
^^

Not everyone is an African Amercian
Original post by Zargabaath
There were too many errors made to determine a result.

I'll try this again tomorrow morning, I think I'm too tired and frustrated to be able to do it properly atm.

I call bull**** on this test tbh.See my post. You can't radically change in the space of 5 minutes...
Test Result% of Test TakersStrong automatic preference for White people48%Moderate automatic preference for White people13%Slight automatic preference for White people12%Little or no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black people6%Moderate automatic preference for Black people4%Strong automatic preference for Black people6%bruh wat does this mean
Original post by The_Internet
I call bull**** on this test tbh.See my post. You can't radically change in the space of 5 minutes...

Most of these online tests are tbh. I only do them because I get a weird satisfaction out of doing tests/quizzes/questionnaires.
Original post by Ahmed766
Test Result% of Test TakersStrong automatic preference for White people48%Moderate automatic preference for White people13%Slight automatic preference for White people12%Little or no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black people6%Moderate automatic preference for Black people4%Strong automatic preference for Black people6%bruh wat does this mean

Nice job you quoted the overall stats. The result is at the top of the page.

[video]http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Your+typical+social+justice+warr ior+good+****ing+lord+man+did_7c 1491_5507892.gif[/video]

SJW SPOTTED!
'Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.'

This makes me sad, bc I was raised by a fairly racist family, and even though I fight for racial equality I still clearly have an ingrained preference. Grrrr.

Come back when you've finally achieved equality!

Spoiler

Original post by The Blue Axolotl
[video]http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Your+typical+social+justice+warr ior+good+****ing+lord+man+did_7c 1491_5507892.gif[/video]

SJW SPOTTED!

lmao
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

What's interesting is that I took the test several years ago in 2007 and had no strong preference either way. I noticed that my results on this test got worse after hearing about stuff like cultural appropriation and white privilege on a regular basis. It was a moderate preference by 2012, and now it's a strong preference.

It's not surprising. I've lost several Black friends recently because I trust the police and disagree strongly about the BLM movement. I'm not very comfortable with anti-government or anti-police views, and I've essentially gone against their ultimatums. Like, "you're either with us or against us", and since I didn't want to be with them, I'm now against them even though I've tried to remain neutral.

I guess this is an example of how ultimatums, accusations, and demands don't have the intended effect on everyone. I don't like being told what to believe in or value. I think I'm going to go and work on finding some Black friends that are conservative... the prejudice instilled in me by all these liberal Blacks who resent White people isn't fair to them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jeremy1988
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

What's interesting is that I took the test several years ago in 2007 and had no strong preference either way. I noticed that my results on this test got worse after hearing about stuff like cultural appropriation and white privilege on a regular basis. It was a moderate preference by 2012, and now it's a strong preference.

It's not surprising. I've lost several Black friends recently because I trust the police and disagree strongly about the BLM movement. I'm not very comfortable with anti-government or anti-police views, and I've essentially gone against their ultimatums. Like, "you're either with us or against us", and since I didn't want to be with them, I'm now against them even though I've tried to remain neutral.

I'm the same way I think. I've certainly become a lot less "PC" (I really hate this term, but I can't think of anything else to use) since all this social justice BS was shoved down my throat. To me, it's pretty obvious (and ironic) that these ridiculous concepts are driving larger wedges between our communities then actual racism was.
The website is not working for me, maybe I'm really racist?
"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.".

To be fair I live in a prodominantly white part of the UK though. I really dont get the point in this test lol.
"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American"

:eek4:

idgi

tbf i made a mistake almost every 4 goes because I'm not very awake atm...

also, i dont understand how they tested it? the questions confused me

this is bad lads, very bad.

Quick Reply

Latest