The Student Room Group

taking your scarf off

a friend of mine wants to take her scarf off i'm not going to say why but she does it haram or not.

thanks
actually i'll say why because she feels as if she doesn't feel the importance of the scarf when wearing it so she wants to only wear it when shes praying or if its a holy day or something. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is it haram to take your scarf off
Original post by robinfr

Don't you ever ask yourself why you attempt to live by the rules set by this god of yours?

Why would he care whether a scarf is worn or not? With all the terrible things going in in the world of his creation do you seriously think that would be top of his to do list?

"Gotta check whether robinfr's friend is still wearing her scarf! I said not to was haram and yet she seems to. Better reserve a place for her in hell later if she continues.

And for robinfr for not telling her what I want her to do!"

Can't you see how silly it all is?
Reply 3
Original post by chocolate hottie
Don't you ever ask yourself why you attempt to live by the rules set by this god of yours?

Why would he care whether a scarf is worn or not? With all the terrible things going in in the world of his creation do you seriously think that would be top of his to do list?

"Gotta check whether robinfr's friend is still wearing her scarf! I said not to was haram and yet she seems to. Better reserve a place for her in hell later if she continues.

And for robinfr for not telling her what I want her to do!"

Can't you see how silly it all is?

no I was wondering if its wrong or not cuz everyone I ask just says it is I personally don't think it is. but yeah.. that's why I put this thread up.
Original post by robinfr

Ask "God"
Original post by robinfr
no I was wondering if its wrong or not cuz everyone I ask just says it is I personally don't think it is. but yeah.. that's why I put this thread up.

It never seems to be much fun being a Muslim, and the more I read posts from you
guys the more that seems to be true. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by chocolate hottie
It never seems to be much fun being a Muslim, and the more I read posts from you
guys the more that seems to be true. :frown:

:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by robinfr
a friend of mine wants to take her scarf off i'm not going to say why but she does it haram or not.

thanks
actually i'll say why because she feels as if she doesn't feel the importance of the scarf when wearing it so she wants to only wear it when shes praying or if its a holy day or something. :smile:

Hi, this isn't about me it's about your friend so I'm going to keep it sweet and simple. Tell her that Islam isn't meant to be forced on anybody, it's a religion and essentially a way you chose to lead life/believe in not shoved down your throat. Tell her to take it off if that's what she feels, it's completely up to her :smile:
Original post by Emily.97
Ask "God"

What kind of response is this? :erm:
God is not some fashion police...
Wearing a scarf or not wearing it doesn't show who you really are. So truth is you have no right to tell her off. There are many Muslims out there who don't dress the way they should but have amazing knowledge of Islam regardless.
So please stop with mentioning haraam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
She does it haram. Haha

Original post by robinfr

thanks
Original post by robinfr

thanks

Is she unattractive or Is she a fitna for men?.
Original post by Romulus Augustus
Is she unattractive or Is she a fitna for men?.

Lol wth is that even a question? And what if she was attractive she could fix her dress sense up. Flashing hair doesn't give guys a boner ffs.
Gosh some people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
She should only wear it if she wants to wear it.
There are many different views on the scarf or hijab and to be honest, without bringing in this theory or that theory or this is haram and that isn't, if she is wearing it just because her parents told her to or her friends are telling her it's haram to not wear it, then she shouldn't be wearing it in the first place.
Religion is all about personal beliefs and if she believes she should wear it, then go ahead, if she thinks it is not important, or whatever reason she may have for not wearing it, then she shouldn't.
Original post by MangoCrazy
Lol wth is that even a question? And what if she was attractive she could fix her dress sense up. Flashing hair doesn't give guys a boner ffs.
Gosh some people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who the hell told you it dosent. Are you a men?

Even if you were not all men are equal.

I must stress the point that some men get a boner when they see womans hair. Especially in saudi arabia.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by robinfr

thanks

Post in the Islamic society you should get answers according to the religion
Original post by Romulus Augustus
Who the hell told you it dosent. Are you a men?

Even if you were not all men are equal.

I must stress the point that some men get a boner when they see womans hair. Especially in saudi arabia.

Then they should learn to control themselves rather than expect me to cover myself up to protect them.
You girls make a big deal out of putting a scarf on your head I don't see what's hard about it.
Original post by MangoCrazy
Man*

Hahahhaaa okay you bloody faggot.
Do you get it while seeing your sister's hair as well?

Typical Asian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ya I used the plural for man.my mistake.

Dont be rude here. No I dont get a boner when I see my sisters hair like you dont become wet down there when you see your brother. Or do you?. Haha.

And no I am not a typical asian because some asian mastrubate to horse sex. Some of my asian colleagues have confessed to there difficulty in controling there desires when they see a donkey or a horse.

This conversation is so funny lol

Quick Reply

Latest