The Student Room Group

Conservatoire Applicants (2016 Entry)

Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has applied to Conservatoires for 2016 entry? Which Conservatoires have you applied for? When is you audition? How are the preparations for the audition going? When do Conservatoires usually send offers?

I have applied for RNCM, BC, RWCMD and RCS. I am auditioning through recording since I am an international student.

My area is voice and I am a tenor.

Let's share some experiences. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tenorius
Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has applied to Conservatoires for 2016 entry? Which Conservatoires have you applied for? When is you audition? How are the preparations for the audition going? When do Conservatoires usually send offers?

I have applied for RNCM, BC, RWCMD and RCS. I am auditioning through recording since I am an international student.

Hey!

If you're applying, I'm sure you've already looked at this but if you need anymore information on recorded auditions, check out our guidelines here.
Our students have also provided some helpful tips on auditions which you may like to read!
What course are you applying for/what is your first study instrument? Hope audition preparation is going well!

Good luck!

Lydia (Birmingham Conservatoire Team)
Reply 2
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hey!

If you're applying, I'm sure you've already looked at this but if you need anymore information on recorded auditions, check out our guidelines here.
Our students have also provided some helpful tips on auditions which you may like to read!
What course are you applying for/what is your first study instrument? Hope audition preparation is going well!

Good luck!

Lydia (Birmingham Conservatoire Team)

Hey Lydia!

I have already checked the links and it was quite helpful. Thank you. :smile:

I am applying for the BA Music/Voice and I have already sent my recording.

When are the schools sending offers, Birmingham Conservatoire in particular?
Hey Lydia!

I have already checked the links and it was quite helpful. Thank you. :smile:

I am applying for the BA Music/Voice and I have already sent my recording.

When are the schools sending offers, Birmingham Conservatoire in particular?

That's great!

We're in the process of starting auditions and so offers should be going out once they're underway. I'd say the first round of offers should be by the end of November/early December, but don't worry if you don't hear soon, there's just a lot of auditions and applications to go through. Best of luck!

Let me know if you have more questions!

Lydia.
Hey

I've also applied for 2016 entry I'm a soprano and I had my audition dates through a couple of weeks ago, they're all in early December and my audition prep is my main focus right now so working hard with as many tutors as will hear me at my university right now. :smile:
I've applied for GSMD, RCM, RAM

Hi everyone!

Reply 5
Hi guys, I've applied to RWCMD, trinity laban and rcm for violin. Did my RWCMD audition 2 and a half weeks ago and really hoping I hear back soon because I really want to get in. I've got my other auditions in 2 weeks :smile:
Hi Emily,

Great to hear you’ve applied to TL!

Let me know if you have any questions about the audition day or anything else I can help you with :smile:
We try to make our auditions as relaxed and non-scary as possible, so my advice is just be yourself and try to enjoy it!

Best of luck with all your auditions...

Sarah
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Reply 7
Has anyone received any offers yet?
I am applying for an MMus in piano and I received my offer from the Royal Welsh last week, I got a scholarship too. I had my interview at Birmingham Conservatoire and it seemed really positive and I am feeling quite hopeful! These are the only two places I applied for and so I am really stuck on which to choose, both seemed great: staff, facilities, people.

Any help, advice and information would be appreciated!
Reply 9
Original post by Daniel George
I am applying for an MMus in piano and I received my offer from the Royal Welsh last week, I got a scholarship too. I had my interview at Birmingham Conservatoire and it seemed really positive and I am feeling quite hopeful! These are the only two places I applied for and so I am really stuck on which to choose, both seemed great: staff, facilities, people.

Any help, advice and information would be appreciated!

Hi well done thats great! i would choose royal welsh myself because it's such a nice place and i've heard good things about the teaching. Out of curiosity how long after you auditioned did you hear back?
Original post by emily49
Hi well done thats great! i would choose royal welsh myself because it's such a nice place and i've heard good things about the teaching. Out of curiosity how long after you auditioned did you hear back?

I heard back pretty quickly, around a week after my audition. I just heard back from Birmingham and they gave me a guaranteed conditional. I have to wait to see if they have given me a scholarship or not, as the course fees are £2000 more than the Royal Welsh and that will certainly be a deciding factor.

I suppose because I'm applying for a Postgraduate the application may be slightly quicker as less apply, so I wouldn't worry if you don't hear back from them yet.
Reply 11
Hi!

I auditioned on bassoon and I have offers from RAM, RNCM and RWCMD. Talk of scholarships for RNCM and RWCMD and I had a second audition in n RAM which was apparently for consideration of scholarships. No way I have one from there though lol dream on!

I'm having a difficult time deciding where to go, I know quite a few of people and tutors and have contacts in Manchester, but Meyrick from RWCMD teaches incredibly well and really had turned the Welsh around. And RAM looks incredible on a CV! Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Neongroove
Hey

I've also applied for 2016 entry I'm a soprano and I had my audition dates through a couple of weeks ago, they're all in early December and my audition prep is my main focus right now so working hard with as many tutors as will hear me at my university right now. :smile:
I've applied for GSMD, RCM, RAM

Have you heard back from RCM/RAM? does anyone know when they contact?
Reply 13
I have my trinity laban audition tomorrow but have no idea what to expect for the written test. Someone help!
Hi Katy,

Don't worry about the written test here at Trinity Laban, it is just an extra part of the audition and lasts around 20 mins.

If you have any more questions, please let me know!

Good luck in your audition :smile:

Faye
Reply 15
Hi guys!

Have you received any offers already?

I have guaranteed offers from RNCM and Birmingham Conservatoire.
Hooray! I'm going to Bham Conserv to be a singer. Where did you choose?

... also what happens now?! Where on EARTH am I going to live?!

Hi guys!

Have you received any offers already?

I have guaranteed offers from RNCM and Birmingham Conservatoire.
Reply 17
I have accepted the offer from the RNCM. :smile:

Is anyone else starting the course at the RNCM in September?
Reply 18
I have accepted the offer from the RNCM. :smile:

Is anyone else starting the course at the RNCM in September?

No, my son is starting at RCM...anyone going there and planning to live at Prince Cosort Village?????? Wondering how many first years planning to live there
I just accepted a Scholarship at Birmingham Conservatoire, after a very hard decision over a couple of offers! Anyone else going to Birmingham? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending