The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Just as I thought, you have no evidence or justification whatsoever that dyslexia is a myth and this is just an attempt at deflection. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up.

It's an opinion, I don't need evidence. Do I need to provide evidence for why I think Nutella isn't v nice too? :dunce: If you're going to say something then please be consistent and follow through.

Well, you thought wrong bc I do have a justification and wut?¡ It's not a claim, it's an opinion. Why is that so difficult to comprehend. (':

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
nicki minaj is ugly af and in no way whatsoever a good role model for teenagers (or anyone tbh)
miley cyrus is amazing
george bush was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks
haagen-dazs > ben & jerry's

Baskin robbins > Haagen-dazs + Ben & Jerry's
Original post by MrDystopia
I mean I'd like to hear how you argue against fact.

It isn't fact bc nothing has been proven. Unlike many other diseases etc, no one really knows how many people can suffer from it or what the true definition of dyslexia is, there isnt a diagnosis for it either. I personally believe that dyslexia wouldn't exist if children were given more attention. For example, if a child was struggling with reading, perhaps due to the fact s/he may not have the best resources or support at home like the other children then teachers should spend more time trying to build them up to the level of others rather than immediately labelling them with this term and conditioning them to fit into this category. Isolating them from classrooms as well as giving them this so called "extra time" will only diminish their ability to read rather than enhance it. The current way in which this is handled irritates me, it's pathetic and in no way conforms to what education should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Foetuses are every bit human and it makes no sense that women can have abortions while men cannot have financial abortions.

Men with cuckold fetishes are disgusting

The majority of people who are culturally Western are ball-less and cowardly

People who try to be logical and rational about everything outside the academic world are tedious

Irish accents are weird and not at all sexy
(edited 8 years ago)
Well that's the problem; you haven't given a justification! Any justification. At all. Not even one. For either position.

And therein lies the problem. It is obvious you haven't given a justification because you do not have one, but why can't you just admit this rather than maintain the facade that you do have a justification you just don't want to tell us? :erm:

Great. - I don't have to give one either! :eek4:

It isn't obvious at all bc you're wrong, I have a justification which I've just provided since it seems to be so much of a problem to you all. I don't see why you hold the idea that anyone who doesnt wish to share information is immediately putting up a façade. Have you even considered that they just dont wish to share? Well uh probably bc there's absolutely nothing to admit to, there is no façade / pretence or whatever other word you and plantagenet have been thinking up to describe my behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Declining birth rates for ethnic British people will be the downfall of the UK

Education isn't for everyone

We should do more to encourage kids to be healthy

There never was a war on drugs

It's hypocritical to bash homosexuality for being "Immoral" while ignoring the fact heterosexuals are equally as promiscuous nowadays

We should give therapy to Transsexuals instead of surgery

Fascism =/= National Socialsm
Original post by Anon_98
Great. - I don't have to give one either! :eek4:

Of course not. But if you don't attempt to give a justification for a patently absurd proposition then you have to acknowledge that this is rather irrational; thus it is going to look, to the reasonable observer, as though you have no justification.

As is the case here.
Of course not.

Glad we're in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Glad we're in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You manipulated that to get rid of the caveat that that is only the case if you are willing to acknowledge that the inference from that is that you are unable to justify it.

Rather disingenuous of you, I must say. :wink:
Original post by Anon_98
Glad we're in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't reply back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You manipulated that to get rid of the caveat that that is only the case if you are willing to acknowledge that the inference from that is that you are unable to justify it.

Rather disingenuous of you, I must say. :wink:

Not really bc your original post is right above what I quoted¿ "Manipulated"? :rolleyes: I cut off the rest bc I'd read it and didn't want to respond to it since I didn't think what you said was in any way correct and don't wish to argue. Hardly deceitful considering I didn't alter your words, if you didnt want it to be percieved in the way in which I portrayed then perhaps you should've chosen your sentences more carefully. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by richpanda
dyslexia don't actually exist.

:five:

Original post by stargirl63
dyslexia don't exist.

:five:

~

Funny how no one has urged either of you to provide reasoning for such an incredibly patently absurd proposition though. (':

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoCrazy
I can't reply back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I disabled them. Sorry, give me a second. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoCrazy
X

Done. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
The idea of sex disgusts me
Original post by Rakas21
That feminism has produced significant negative effects as well as the positive.

That being a straight white male is something people should revel in rather than feel guilty about.

That not all peoples are equal. Some nations have cultures which are quite simply inferior.

That eugenics is potentially glorious (just let the undesirable die off rather than kill them).

That the UK should remain a white christian/atheist nation and the growth of other groups here should be stopped.

That the abandonment of Ireland, the British Empire and soon Scotland are by far the worst crimes that Britain will ever commit.

are you a racist?
Original post by Anon_98
It isn't fact bc nothing has been proven. Unlike many other diseases etc, no one really knows how many people can suffer from it or what the true definition of dyslexia is, there isnt a diagnosis for it either. I personally believe that dyslexia wouldn't exist if children were given more attention. For example, if a child was struggling with reading, perhaps due to the fact s/he may not have the best resources or support at home like the other children then teachers should spend more time trying to build them up to the level of others rather than immediately labelling them with this term and conditioning them to fit into this category. Isolating them from classrooms as well as giving them this so called "extra time" will only diminish their ability to read rather than enhance it. The current way in which this is handled irritates me, it's pathetic and in no way conforms to what education should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Except, there is a diagnosis for it.
Original post by jedanselemyia
Pizza's not that great

Although I agree that pedophiles should get help, the current increase of tolerance for them worries me

You can be racist and be in an interracial relationship/have mixed kids

Transracial adoption makes me uneasy

Who is tolerating pedophiles?
Original post by Emily.97
Who is tolerating pedophiles?

Not tolerating per se but the whole "as long as they don't act on it, it's fine" rhetoric makes me uncomfortable although I realise that a lot of pedophiles need help :redface:
Original post by OU Student
Except, there is a diagnosis for it.

Not really.
I don't want to talk about it further tbh, if you'd like to continue then I'm sure @Illiberal Liberal and @Plantagenet Crown will be more than willing to take my place + discuss it with you since they pretty much made me write that paragraph + it therefore appears as though they're quite interested in the whole concept. :yep: Let's hope they don't let you down. :no:

Latest