The Student Room Group

Russian plane crash - evidence pointing to bomb or missile - 224 dead

It's looking like the evidence is increasingly pointing to a bomb on board, or a missile.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/02/sinai-plane-crash-russian-official-blames-external-factor-egypt

With over 200 ordinary Russians dead, it's unlikely that Putin will take this one on the chin. ISIS have already claimed responsibility. I would think that the war against them is about to move into a new phase. Russia is notoriously brutal in suppressing those who make acts of terror against it.

PS Perhaps the good thing from all this is that the Russians will now start concentrating on the real enemy - the Islamic extremists of ISIS - and not on just propping up Assad's ghastly fascist state. One can hope, anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nukes inbound
One of the bizarre things that's now come out is that pilots were recently warned not to fly below 25,000 feet over the Sinai.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3298904/British-pilots-warned-stop-low-flying-Egypt-THREE-MONTHS-ago-fears-anti-aircraft-missile-attacks.html

Despite the downing of this plane, BA and other airlines are still flying over the Sinai!

If you are flying, check out your route!
Russia are really the only people who can take on Daesh with the severity they demand. We are forced to fight according to the rules... Putin makes his own rules.
The article doesn't at all say the evidence is pointing to a bomb on board, it said it hasn't been ruled out
has to be a bomb.. they aren't admitting it because of the airport officials lack of proper security checks!

what idiots
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
The article doesn't at all say the evidence is pointing to a bomb on board, it said it hasn't been ruled out

Yeah, but it's looking more and more likely that it was either an on-board bomb or else a missile fired from the ground.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
has to be a bomb.. they aren't admitting it because of the airport officials lack of proper security checks!

what idiots

If it turns out that it was a bomb, you would have to seriously question anyone flying to or from Egypt as being safe.
Reply 8
Ghastly fascist state - wot?

You should be more critical about articles you read in the Guarbage.
Have to wait and see i wouldn't be surprised personally. Does Russia really want to be dragged into a full scale guerilla war again? Going to end up pure proxy
Original post by Fullofsurprises
If it turns out that it was a bomb, you would have to seriously question anyone flying to or from Egypt as being safe.

yup totally they would have to do the proper checks like at the airports in USA where you get into that cylinder that properly scans your body to see if you are carrying any explosive device or something

suspecting not just the person could be one of the main cargo baggage or cabin bags
The aircraft had a tailstrike in 2001. Wouldn't rule out a similar situation to CI611.

That boss would do well to respect the families of the deceased and not 'rule out' anything until investigators have their results.

Given Egypt's track record in investigating incidents (MS990) it's plausible the Egyptian and Russian investigators will reach different conclusions, though.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Have to wait and see i wouldn't be surprised personally. Does Russia really want to be dragged into a full scale guerilla war again? Going to end up pure proxy

It does make you wonder how tough an opponent ISIS really is if they were confronted with, say, the Russian army's ground forces. I suspect they would be driven back fairly easily, although of course that doesn't mean they would be fully dealt with. Russia would have to secure areas and carry out Chechnya-style mass killings and big internments probably. There would be large numbers of innocent civilian casualties, as there also were in Chechnya.
Yeah, but it's looking more and more likely that it was either an on-board bomb or else a missile fired from the ground.

At least if there is a bomb Russia can give IS what they deserve, party like they did in Berlin '45

The Russians were crushing the Afghan Mujahideen until the CIA started equipping them, I recently read that unclassified documents reveal the hardcore Islamic Mujahids only got good after being trained by the Israelis, which is absolutely hilarious.

I doubt the Americans would arm I.S. just to undermine Russia this time around.
It does make you wonder how tough an opponent ISIS really is if they were confronted with, say, the Russian army's ground forces. I suspect they would be driven back fairly easily, although of course that doesn't mean they would be fully dealt with. Russia would have to secure areas and carry out Chechnya-style mass killings and big internments probably. There would be large numbers of innocent civilian casualties, as there also were in Chechnya.

Who are ISIS? exactly. They would then just intermingle and be non existent. They would just set up solo missions and IED the whole place. The "war" will be long Russia will run out of resources (already in a recession) and then head back. It's all rhetoric, a guerilla war is not so straight forward. I'm sure the west would love it if Russia did go a head with it.
At least if there is a bomb Russia can give IS what they deserve, party like they did in Berlin '45

The Russians were crushing the Afghan Mujahideen until the CIA started equipping them, I recently read that unclassified documents reveal the hardcore Islamic Mujahids only got good after being trained by the Israelis, which is absolutely hilarious.

I doubt the Americans would arm I.S. just to undermine Russia this time around.

It's not just the US involved though. And see my post above. It won't be a standing army warfare.
IS never did that
It's not just the US involved though. And see my post above. It won't be a standing army warfare.

The only reason why I.S. hasn't been defeated is because the Western nations care about human rights and minimising collateral. Russia have the strength to do it and they care less about morals than Britain and America, if it was I.S. who downed the plane, it might just push them over the edge.
The only reason why I.S. hasn't been defeated is because the Western nations care about human rights and minimising collateral. Russia have the strength to do it and they care less about morals than Britain and America, if it was I.S. who downed the plane, it might just push them over the edge.

erm what? the west has killed millions in afghan/iraq/pakistan? a lot of them innocent civilians.
The way the driver didnt reply to communications seemingly looks suspicous, like he knew something was going to happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending