The Student Room Group

Psychology 12 marker!!

Outline and evaluate the biological approach....I have rewrote this essay 4 times now and each time I don't have a clue what I'm writing!! We have briefly covered aspects of the biological approach but not once have we been told how to outline and evaluate and i'm seriously struggling!! Please help!!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by secretagent98
Outline and evaluate the biological approach....I have rewrote this essay 4 times now and each time I don't have a clue what I'm writing!! We have briefly covered aspects of the biological approach but not once have we been told how to outline and evaluate and i'm seriously struggling!! Please help!!!

First: Take a deep breath. Breathe. You'll be okay :wink:

Break up the question: 'Outline'- here we need to give a short but relatively detailed explanation of the biological approach. I would go with something along the lines of 'The biological approach assumes that to find out about human behaviour, we must first look at biological explanations, including brain structures, hormones and the function of the nervous system.'

Next we need to evaluate. For a twelve marker I would try to get in 3 points for each side of the argument. For example, the behaviourist approach is highly reductionist, as it doesn't take into account any other points of view (can be good or bad!). Also it's generally objective, making it very reliable overall. However, subjectivity is not taken into account, so it may not be valid. This is a good time to get in facts about qualitative and quantitative data.

I hope this helped! I'm doing A2 psychology currently so I did this question a lot last year haha! :smile:

:yep::yep:
Original post by Ellena_G
First: Take a deep breath. Breathe. You'll be okay :wink:

Break up the question: 'Outline'- here we need to give a short but relatively detailed explanation of the biological approach. I would go with something along the lines of 'The biological approach assumes that to find out about human behaviour, we must first look at biological explanations, including brain structures, hormones and the function of the nervous system.'

Next we need to evaluate. For a twelve marker I would try to get in 3 points for each side of the argument. For example, the behaviourist approach is highly reductionist, as it doesn't take into account any other points of view (can be good or bad!). Also it's generally objective, making it very reliable overall. However, subjectivity is not taken into account, so it may not be valid. This is a good time to get in facts about qualitative and quantitative data.

I hope this helped! I'm doing A2 psychology currently so I did this question a lot last year haha! :smile:

:yep::yep:

Thank you so much for the help!! Struggling so much in psychology this year, so far in all assessments I've had 1E and 2U's and I don't seem to be getting any better :/
Reply 4
I know how you feel! You're doing the brand new qualification (I'm still doing the old one as I'm in the last year of it!) so it's a bit different, but trust me, psychology takes time to grasp. It's my favourite subject-I'm going to study it a university- but you'll never totally grasp it straight away. It's a difficult a level! Keep persevering, revising, and working hard and it'll all pay off!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending