The Student Room Group

Russian plane crash - evidence pointing to bomb or missile - 224 dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
erm what? the west has killed millions in afghan/iraq/pakistan? a lot of them innocent civilians.

Citation needed.
It is fishy because how on earth would ISIS had known if a plane miles in the sky carried Russian citizens, a bit of a coincidence don't you think? I don't think ISIS are involved, Chechnya on the other hand
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Citation needed.

LOL

A later study, published in 2011, estimated that approximately 500,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the conflict since the invasion. Counts of deaths reported in newspapers collated by projects like the Iraq Body Count project found 174,000 Iraqis reported killed between 2003 and 2013, with between 112,000-123,000 of those killed being civilian noncombatants.
The only reason why I.S. hasn't been defeated is because the Western nations care about human rights and minimising collateral. Russia have the strength to do it and they care less about morals than Britain and America, if it was I.S. who downed the plane, it might just push them over the edge.

Western nations ain't concerned in defeating them. If that's the case why didn't they defeat them in the early stages? You can't be so naive to believe Obama when he said they underestimated them
Original post by iamthetruth
IS never did that

You heard it here first, folks. You can all go home now, random unknown on the internet has said something, and we all know that if it's on the internet it must be true.
LOL

A later study, published in 2011, estimated that approximately 500,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the conflict since the invasion. Counts of deaths reported in newspapers collated by projects like the Iraq Body Count project found 174,000 Iraqis reported killed between 2003 and 2013, with between 112,000-123,000 of those killed being civilian noncombatants.

How many of them do you think were due to some poor Sunni kid being brainwashed into strapping himself into an explosive vest, walking into a Shia mosque and creating hundreds of widows?

Original post by iamthetruth
Western nations ain't concerned in defeating them. If that's the case why didn't they defeat them in the early stages? You can't be so naive to believe Obama when he said they underestimated them

I actually agree with this, the West isn't at all serious about defeating Islamic State. All Britain and America cares about is geopolitics and Islamic States short term goals are very much in line with the West's short term goals, so we just allow the situation to blow up without caring about the damage caused.
(edited 8 years ago)
How many of them do you think were due to some poor Sunni kid being brainwashed into strapping himself into an explosive vest, walking into a Shia mosque and creating hundreds of widows?

I actually agree with this, the West isn't at all serious about defeating Islamic State. All Britain and America cares about is geopolitics and Islamic States short term goals are very much in line with the West's short term goals, so we just allow the situation to blow up without caring about the damage caused.

oh dear. I won't even bother going into this, since it's just sad. Friendly fire is a huge part of warfare.
Original post by Gears265
It is fishy because how on earth would ISIS had known if a plane miles in the sky carried Russian citizens, a bit of a coincidence don't you think? I don't think ISIS are involved, Chechnya on the other hand

Er, anyone with a tablet logged on to Flightradar24?
oh dear. I won't even bother going into this, since it's just sad. Friendly fire is a huge part of warfare.

Most Muslims are killed by other Muslims in sectarian terror attacks rather than British or American imperialism. Whoever does the killing doesn't make it ok, but how can Muslims develop if they see their children dying and their first question they ask is if it were a kuff who pulled the trigger?

@Kadak made a good thread which relates to this wider issue
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yeah, but it's looking more and more likely that it was either an on-board bomb or else a missile fired from the ground.

From what I've heard it was too high for a missile, at least any in the possession of militant groups in the region.
Original post by Aj12
From what I've heard it was too high for a missile, at least any in the possession of militant groups in the region.

Is there a source saying what height it was before the 'accident'?

EDIT: I've just read that Richard Quest on CNN says it was at 33,000 ft. Here is his analysis.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/31/opinions/russia-plane-crash-egypt-quest-analysis/index.html
(edited 8 years ago)

I doubt the Americans would arm I.S. just to undermine Russia this time around.

The US already armed IS. Thats how we got into this mess in the first place.
Mid-air heat flash detected by US satellite...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/03/africa/russian-plane-crash-egypt-sinai/

(CNN)New information suggests a midair flash -- possibly an explosion -- was detected on Metrojet Flight 9268 before it crashed in Egypt's Sinai peninsula, a U.S. official said Tuesday.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Joinedup

BBC had it saying a flash and no heat trail towards the impact, so no ground to air missile. Either on-board explosive or catastrophic (explosive) engine failure. If it was a bomb then that's serious news, I'd have thought Egypt would have reasonably tight airport security though?
[QUOTE="Joinedup;60373843"]Mid-air heat flash detected by US satellite...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/03/africa/russian-plane-crash-egypt-sinai/[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. That is most likely an air fuel fireball caused when the plane disintegrated - the plane had a significant fuel load having barely begun its' journey.

A structural failure (my guess would be centred on the rear bulkhead just forward of the tail section) cannot be ruled out. Poor maintenance, fluid leakage causing corrosion etc., must all be thoroughly investigated before reaching any kind of conclusion.

It's very interesting to note that the airline involved almost immediately made a statement saying that maintenance was not an issue. That's like holding up the proverbial red flag to the bull as far as the air investigators are concerned.

Catastrophic engine failure would be very easy to identify since bits off one of the engines would be scattered over a very wide area. The other engine remaining intact until impact with the ground.

It also cannot be ruled out this was not a bomb. Again my instinct would be to look at where the tail section separated from the fuselage around the aft toilet area where puncture marks/outward tearing of the fuselage skin etc., would provide evidence.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey how come whenever a terrorist attack or an awful accident happens to Americans or Brits, hoards of conspiracy, tin foil hat mongs appear to shout "false flag!" but now it's happened to Russia they're nowhere to be seen?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Hey how come whenever a terrorist attack or an awful accident happens to Americans or Brits, hoards of conspiracy, tin foil hat mongs appear to shout "false flag!" but now it's happened to Russia they're nowhere to be seen?
Perhaps it's because there are hardly any Russians posting on TSR?
LOL

Lots of Iraqi on Iraqi violence then. It would coalition forces who asked the Iraqi population to start creating medieval sectarian murder.

It says a lot about a country that as soon as you remove a blood thirsty dictator, the first thing the locals do is start killing each other.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Er, anyone with a tablet logged on to Flightradar24?

Or anybody hanging around an airport.

On a more serious note though, I doubt it was shot down. Rebels don't have anything that has that range.
Original post by uberteknik
Perhaps it's because there are hardly any Russians posting on TSR?

Yet we have tons of Putinbots here posting their nonsense from RT.

I also don't see many French on here but it didn't stop braindead dullards telling us that the Charlie Hebdoe shootings were a false flag. Also, there's like two Americans on here but plenty of other fools talking about 9/11 being an inside job.

Quick Reply