The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimbles
I'm trying to figure where I can find my Uni Transcript for the modules I did!!! Where did you guys find yours? What was it on?

Mine came with my degree, I believe it is standard practice for degrees in the UK for you to recieve your degree and a transcript at the same time.

If not contact your university and ask them, they should be able to assist.
Original post by gentlegiant
Mine came with my degree, I believe it is standard practice for degrees in the UK for you to recieve your degree and a transcript at the same time.

If not contact your university and ask them, they should be able to assist.

I don't remember being given one on graduation day when I collected my degree!!
All sorted, found a scanned copy thankfully. Have you guys included your school days in the section for work/experience too?
Original post by jimbles
All sorted, found a scanned copy thankfully. Have you guys included your school days in the section for work/experience too?

Yes definetly, this is a big must area. If you have work experience organised I was told to include it as well as work experience done, by my sep advisor.

Don't forget to include it in your personal statement as well.

And good to hear about the scanned copy of your transcript.
Original post by jimbles
I'm trying to figure where I can find my Uni Transcript for the modules I did!!! Where did you guys find yours? What was it on?

You probably need to contact your uni for it.
Original post by Niyo123
How did you prepared your literacy?

Hi Niyo, I replied before but somehow the web told me that my answer has to be "reviewed" before they can post it - weird.
I practiced online before I did the actual test. Go to practice.skillstestbooking.com and you can find some samples there.
Of course the real one is different from the samples but it helps you get familiar with the formation of the tests.
The comprehension bit wasn't that difficult for me because I've done quite a few English tests to prove my proficiency(such as GCSE and IELTS) for applying for the course.Therefore, I'm prepared on that front.
What I found tricky was the spelling bit. They were so different from the ones appeared in the practice samples. I had to spell words like: nauseous,statistician,entrepreneur... I don't know how good you are at spelling but they are difficult words for me as you may miss out one or two letters easily.
One thing I found useful about the samples online is that they help you lot with the “punctuation" part.
Good luck!
Still waiting for a reference. Trying not to get stressed. Failing.
My application has gone off but I noticed a massive mistake in my PS

I have recently got a promotion and started training as a "Global Analyst" it sounds fancy but it is not... my PS states "working as a Global Analyst..."

However I neglected to put my new job title under career and work experience part? So it still says Finance Administrator.. What shall I do?
Original post by Lambert87
My application has gone off but I noticed a massive mistake in my PS

I have recently got a promotion and started training as a "Global Analyst" it sounds fancy but it is not... my PS states "working as a Global Analyst..."

However I neglected to put my new job title under career and work experience part? So it still says Finance Administrator.. What shall I do?

You could always mention it at interview if it comes up.
Original post by JaneBaratheon
Still waiting for a reference. Trying not to get stressed. Failing.

Just want to let you know it's not just you. I'm in the same boat! Hope yours comes through for you soon :smile:
I have to wait until end of this week/next week before I can put my application in, damn references taking business trips.

Just found out as well that 20 or so days of work experience which I had done but wasn't able to get evidenced thanks to the teacher who supervised me retired. The helpful receptionist has found out the days and times and the deputy head is going to provide evidence.

I can't take the waiting, is anyone else anxious?
I'm in the exact same boat as well ... Still waiting for one reference, just sent yet another email to him might have to wait till Wednesday and call the guy !

Original post by beccatiffany(:
Just want to let you know it's not just you. I'm in the same boat! Hope yours comes through for you soon :smile:

Original post by Aemiliana
You could always mention it at interview if it comes up.
After a couple phone calls, I am now a little confused. I have the choice between scitt, school direct and school direct (salaried) which I am not chasing after.

So this just leaves scitt and school direct.

Now heres the problem, deciding which one to apply for, all of my options have all 3 types of teacher training.

Any ideas folks, pro/cons or opinions.
I GOT MY FIRST INTERVIEW!!!! Yey
Reply 774
Yay! Congrats! When is it?

I'm still waiting for one reference but it was half-term so she didn't check her mail until yesterday evening. She'll probably do it by Wednesday but still, I can't wait! :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)

Congrats! Which Uni? Good luck with that!

Congrats and good luck. What subject?

Congratulation mate ... Which university ?
Feel like I'm being incredibly stupid but...

For the application, where you put all your modules in, for first year modules that didn't count, how do you show that they didn't count? Or do you act as if they did?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Excellent!! :bigsmile:

I'm still waiting for my references like many others here :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending