The Student Room Group

Racial bias test

Scroll to see replies

ccccool
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 81
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
Original post by HepaxLegomenon
Typical response of someone who knows they can't back up their own argument - "I don't need to justify myself to you!". I realise that racism exists, and that it actually hurts people where it does exist, but I'm afraid everything you've written thus far has been, well, fearmongering. The fact that I'm white shouldn't prove my opinions valid or invalid, and the fact that you tried to discount my earlier post by saying that my viewpoint is that I'm white is ridiculous beyond words.

No matter how many times you say that you're right (without bothering or even being able to prove yourself right) and no matter how many times you note that I'm white, the fact is that racism can't be a system - as I have explained time and time again - and that 'reverse racism' does exist, as you've just proven yourself. You exactly sum up every problem with the authoritarian left.

Lol. You are the problem, uneducated people who expect other people to do them a favour by forcing education upon them. I'm not going to get you to read about the history of racism, and how it has developed, and how it has been structured, only you can make that decision.

The only viewpoint you have is that you are white, because you can't substantiate your view with facts. You say racism can't be a structure, oh let me just look back at Nazi Germany, the Nuremburg laws, the Transatlantic slave trade, the Arab slave trade, modern day UK and modern day America, where ethnic minorities need laws to ensure that they have the same rights that white citizens have at birth, because they are born as second class citizens.

You are so ignorant it actually shocks me, not because I don't realise that there are plenty of other people like you, just because it shocks me from a human perspective, that anyone can be in such denial about the world that they live in, and the deplorable things that people in this world are subjected to, such as racism, such as sexism. Read a book.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by david_94

You generalised a whole race of people, it doesn't matter if you see black people or all black people, it has the same implicit meaning. The act of a weak man, is to weasel out of what he has said.

Well, I don't agree that it has the same implicit meaning, but you're entitled to your own view of my meaning and my weakness as a man, I suppose.

So if you'd like to start talking diagnosing people on the internet, perhaps you should look in the mirror and think about what someone suffering from a persecution complex would behave like, would they be on the internet per say, talking about how their friends have stopped talking to them because of their views? I don't profess to be an expert on the matter, but commons sense would dictate to that answer as a yes.

I never said all or most of my friends did, just two or three of them. 55 out of 57 still talk to me.

Before you comment on a situation that you have not experienced, where you have watched two minutes of a clip, I suggest you do your research, it may save you looking like you're out of your depth in future conversations.

I will concede that you're very skilled in the field of sociology and psychology, and at arguing for your viewpoint. I did, in fact, watch the clip and read a short article about the incident. I did not read a government report or base my views on the government issuing an apology. A successful appeal to Ethos, as the UK government endorses that perspective.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
The dictionary does not discriminate on who can give or receive racism. You however do.

Please refrain from ad hominem. It will not strengthen your position, only weaken it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't discriminated against anyone or anything, I have just explained that racism is a structure, and that the oppressed cannot oppress the oppressor.

I have yet to see you, or the other two people point to any solid facts? Just spouting off about your opinions, it's quite comical really. Feel free to share some links pal
ggggg
(edited 7 years ago)
:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
You're comparing modern day UK and America to Nazi Germany? How can the two be compared? Doesn't that belittle the people killed in the name of Nazism? Also, which books are you reading that are giving you the impression that racism is a structure? You realise that Laci Green's YouTube videos aren't books, right?

PS: Godwin's Law.

I'm sorry, when did I compare? I identified that racism is or was a structure in each example in which you asked for, I never once compared. Typical, of an uneducated person, to attempt to misconstrue what someone has said in a conversation, to suit their agenda.
(edited 8 years ago)
You literally just told me that my only viewpoint is that I'm white and that therefore I cannot substantiate my views.

When did I say you can't substantiate your views because you are white? You can't substantiate your views because you have no depth of an opinion, there is no root to it, no fact, no education.
cco
(edited 7 years ago)
iiiii
(edited 7 years ago)
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.

Figures as much, I'm white but I've been raised around a lot of black people and love "black" music and humour.
Well apologies if I misinterpreted what you wrote, but then I must ask what exactly "The only viewpoint you have is that you are white, because you can't substantiate your view with facts" is supposed to mean...?

That means, quite clearly, that the only bit of fact that factors into your view is that you are white, it isn't based on anything else, any other knowledge, it doesn't say 'you can't substantiate your view because you're white' but nice try.
You didn't identify anything as far as I'm concerned. You simply agreed with yourself. But just to avoid going round in circles: which books have you read which have given you the impression that reverse racism can't exist? And also how do you define reverse racism?

Rothenburg, Fredrickson, and Harold Evans have all published books that discuss and explain what racism is, discuss it in a historical context, and explain how it is a structure, and what the implications of this are What books have you read about race relations, and racism? I'm fascinated.
(edited 8 years ago)
ccccccc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by david_94
Rosenburg, Fredrickson, and Harold Evans have all published books that discuss and explain what racism is, discuss it in a historical context, and explain how it is a structur

ss
(edited 7 years ago)
Well I'm still not sure what you're trying to convey with that... But I certainly wasn't trying to catch you out. As another user has already said: you seem to think people are out to get you. This is really just an innocent discussion from my viewpoint, albeit a cis straight white viewpoint at that.

But in all seriousness, are you saying that my whole viewpoint on this subject revolves around the fact that I'm white, and that I only hold the opinions that I do because I am white?

You mean the other user, who appears in every thread to do with race, and that was also out of his depth in our conversation, commenting on issues he himself confessed to have not researched into? That same person? You just yourself confessed to not knowing what I meant, so instead of asking you assumed, and then used your assumption to support your argument? Is that what people do, when they are unsure about what people or saying? It's not about thinking people are trying to catch me out, it's about understanding how conversations take place, some people argue with logic, others argue by attempting to attack your logic.

I have said on several occasions, you have not backed up your opinion with any facts, you have still failed to do so, and so your only viewpoint in this conversation is that you are a white person, who has had the experiences of a white person, in what is a racist society, therefore your opinion from what you have expressed, is only based on you being a white person, not because you have read any books that have led you to develop an opinion based on what was discussed in that book.
Rosenburg? Who the hell is Rosenburg? Are you referencing Alfred Rosenberg?

I meant Rothenburg, you'd know who I meant if you actually read about racism. I'm done talking to you, you haven't made a single valid point this whole time, just that you have an opinion, which I can respect, but if that's all you can say in what, 2/3 hours, you clearly need to read more, and then engage me in a conversation about racism, which I am happy to do. That's not an insult, that's just the truth, I'd be happy to talk to you about racism, if you actually read about it, not when you're speculating about it.
Oh God :frown:

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
welp
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest