The Student Room Group

best universities for Media?

I have quite low grades but I want to know where people are going/applying for media production/communications!

I'm applying for
Bangor University
Goldsmiths
Hertfordshire
Southampton Solent
and Anglia Ruskin
Do an apprenticeship. There are a few good ones like the one with BBC.

Do not waste 27k to study media at University.
Original post by +CompSci+
Do an apprenticeship. There are a few good ones like the one with BBC.

Do not waste 27k to study media at University.

If I had a chance applying and succeeding with BBC I would definitely but thats way more competitive...
Original post by amirahrahman97
I have quite low grades but I want to know where people are going/applying for media production/communications!

I'm applying for
Bangor University
Goldsmiths
Hertfordshire
Southampton Solent
and Anglia Ruskin

Hey!

My course isnt specificacally media, but its within the media department at most of the universities ive applied to!

Check out Buckinghamshire new and Lincoln as well as the ones you've got. Im hoping to go to Southampton Solent for CGI :-)

I'm applying for
Bangor University
Goldsmiths
Hertfordshire
Southampton Solent
and Anglia Ruskin

media LOL

What a waste of 27k
Original post by sophieann14
Hey!

My course isnt specificacally media, but its within the media department at most of the universities ive applied to!

Check out Buckinghamshire new and Lincoln as well as the ones you've got. Im hoping to go to Southampton Solent for CGI :-)

Yeah I saw you added your grades! Have you sent your ucas application?
Reply 6
Friendly reminder if you're not going to attempt to address the question and instead mock people's universities decisions, then kindly **** off and do it in your own time not on this thread.

Sorry I can't actually help OP, just wanted to get that across :smile:
Original post by Inexorably
Friendly reminder if you're not going to attempt to address the question and instead mock people's universities decisions, then kindly **** off and do it in your own time not on this thread.

Sorry I can't actually help OP, just wanted to get that across :smile:

Thank you! I like being positive too :smile:
Yeah I saw you added your grades! Have you sent your ucas application?

Yeah i sent it the friday before half term! Got one interview next week, and one offer so far :-)
Reply 9

I'm applying for
Bangor University
Goldsmiths
Hertfordshire
Southampton Solent
and Anglia Ruskin

I confirmed my place for Anglia Ruskin last year, (as a deferred entry) so I'd definitely look into that one, myself and my friends are all media-nuts so a few of us are going there. My other offer, and another university that kept cropping up was Lincoln University, their entry requirements are quite high, ABB I think, although they're very successful for Media in general, look up Tomska on YouTube, he's an ex-student & extremely successful. Failing that, look up the table of universities and see what ranks higher, do a rekkie (visit/open days) and choose what you think is best!

Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending