The Student Room Group

Physics sucks

Hi
On 21st October I gave my Physics exam, paper 2.I am doing AS level exams in November for physics and Biology. The variant I did was 2.
It didn't go well.It was very long and we were out of time.8 questions! none of us finished. Usually it is 6 questions maximum with two short questions and rest long. But this time all the questions required a lot of time. In general, it was quite lengthy. Did anyone else here do Physics paper 2 in November session?
Did anyone here give variant's 1 or 3? I'm curious as to how the other variants were.

I posted this in the exam help but none replied. and I really want to know how others who gave Physics did.
All of us who gave the exam from our center(our own school) are planning to write a complaint form to cie.Is it worth it?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a) Alexion is confused :confused:

b) I love Physics dammit
Original post by A.S.J
Hi
On 21st October I gave my Physics exam, Paper 22. It didn't go well.It was very long and we were out of time.8 questions! none of us finished. Did anyone give variant 1 or 3? im curious
Any one else gave Physics? How did you find the paper?
I am re posting this cuz no one answered the first one
Us all, who gave the exam from our center(our own school) are planning to write a complaint form to cie.
Maybe your poor grasp of English caused you to struggle
Incorrect.
Original post by A.S.J
Hi
On 21st October I gave my Physics exam, Paper 22. It didn't go well.It was very long and we were out of time.8 questions! none of us finished. Did anyone give variant 1 or 3? im curious
Any one else gave Physics? How did you find the paper?
I am re posting this cuz no one answered the first one
Us all, who gave the exam from our center(our own school) are planning to write a complaint form to cie.

Physics = universe

to suck = to be bad

therefore: physics sucks = universe is bad

Why is the universe bad?

But seriously , what do you mean by "paper 22"? I mean I do physics gcse but i don't really understand what sort of physics you're doing having read this post. If you were more specific / posted in a more appropriate place (try 'exam help') you should get someone to answer your questions!
Reply 5
Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
Physics = universe

to suck = to be bad

therefore: physics sucks = universe is bad

Why is the universe bad?

But seriously , what do you mean by "paper 22"? I mean I do physics gcse but i don't really understand what sort of physics you're doing having read this post. If you were more specific / posted in a more appropriate place (try 'exam help':wink: you should get someone to answer your questions!

Im sorry I wasn't clear. I meant variant 2. Paper 2 for Physics AS level.
Oh actually I did but I didn't get any reply for about more than a week. And I really wanted to know if it was only us or everyone else.
Even our teachers were very shocked. weird paper.
No. Universe is cool. Physics paper was bad. Means Physics is still good but examiners..............
Reply 6
Original post by mphysical
Maybe your poor grasp of English caused you to struggle

No. Not really. I have never struggled with English so much that I would find a paper that hard!
I did AS English language. Got an A in paper 1 that was all about commenting on style of writing but a high C in paper 2.
I'm sure English wasn't why I found it hard.
Reply 7
Original post by Alexion
a) Alexion is confused :confused:

b) I love Physics dammit

Sorry if I havent been clear.
Reply 8
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Incorrect.

What is incorrect?
Blasphemy.

On a serious note
Don't worry I know what you're on about. CIE can be like that. No point sending a complaint letter. Maybe the grade boundaries will be low
Reply 10
Original post by StrawbAri
Blasphemy.

On a serious note
Don't worry I know what you're on about. CIE can be like that. No point sending a complaint letter. Maybe the grade boundaries will be low

Thank you
Reply 11
Maybe someone who wants to go for engineering?
Not that I want to.
Is CIE your exam board?
Reply 13
Nah, Physics has its moments.

:mmm:
Original post by Neuth

^^ I love this response.

I sat for AS Physics but the third variant and for me this was not that bad of a paper. Second variants are usually harder though right? I mean for Maths they are. The time constraint, true. Very true. I felt like I barely had enough time to complete it all and you don't have time to stop and think. I love that there were zero definitions because definitions suck. I struggled with the second question but apart from that it was pretty okay. I'm hoping for a low threshold though.

Also I don't think it's worth it to write a letter. They'll fix it with the threshold and if the questions are really hard then they'll remove it and ignore the marks from it. Have you done any P4 papers? The threshold is really low for that and that's just how it is sometimes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Neuth

Yeah I will say this. Loved nearly all of A2 so far but in AS didn't like waves and the photoelectric effect. Also my first AS physics test was awful in one of the questions, had to find the resistance of a potato.
Original post by A.S.J
Hi
On 21st October I gave my Physics exam, paper 2.I am doing AS level exams in November for physics and Biology. The variant I did was 2.
It didn't go well.It was very long and we were out of time.8 questions! none of us finished. Usually it is 6 questions maximum with two short questions and rest long. But this time all the questions required a lot of time. In general, it was quite lengthy. Did anyone else here do Physics paper 2 in November session?
Did anyone here give variant's 1 or 3? I'm curious as to how the other variants were.

I posted this in the exam help but none replied. and I really want to know how others who gave Physics did.
All of us who gave the exam from our center(our own school) are planning to write a complaint form to cie.Is it worth it?

Physics IS HARD! In some situations you will not have much time. Imagine that you were a nucular physicist at Fukushimale.

Ive got news for you and your class mates, your all dead (hypothetically obv).
Reply 17
Original post by Vikingninja
Is CIE your exam board?

Yes. CIE is the one Im doing.
Original post by A.S.J
Yes. CIE is the one Im doing.

Sounds like a small one, my school which has AQA for physics doesn't do this.
Reply 19
Original post by Swarkles_Caskett
^^ I love this response.

I sat for AS Physics but the third variant and for me this was not that bad of a paper. Second variants are usually harder though right? I mean for Maths they are. The time constraint, true. Very true. I felt like I barely had enough time to complete it all and you don't have time to stop and think. I love that there were zero definitions because definitions suck. I struggled with the second question but apart from that it was pretty okay. I'm hoping for a low threshold though.

Also I don't think it's worth it to write a letter. They'll fix it with the threshold and if the questions are really hard then they'll remove it and ignore the marks from it. Have you done any P4 papers? The threshold is really low for that and that's just how it is sometimes.

Man. Lucky!!! Variant 3 is soo easy!!!!
I hope so too. How was paper 1? For us it was good and paper 3 was hard

Quick Reply

Latest