The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, don't make the fallacy of comparing it to liking nutella, that's a preference, dyslexia being real isn't a preference.

In short, you have no evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that it isn't real, when all the data suggests it is.

You can label it how you like but at the end of the day, they are both opinions. Opinions don't need evidence, I'm really not sure why you think otherwise. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
You can label it how you like but at the end of the day, they are both opinions. Opinions don't need evidence, I'm really not sure why you think otherwise. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, trying to get away with labelling them both opinions won't help you. Liking a type of food is something for which no one can provide evidence because it is totally subjective.

Dyslexia on the other hand is something that can be proven, and it has been. Others have already told you about diagnoses and medical data and you're just ignoring it by doing the intellectual equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and screaming "na na na na na can't hear you!"

If you think it doesn't exist then surely you must have some sort of reasoning and evidence to back up your view.
Original post by Anon_98
I'm not trying to convince you to believe me so I'm really unsure as to why you're so worked up over the fact dyslexia is a myth in my eyes. It's totally okay, you're still welcome to believe in it.

This is just unnecessary and further proof of your deflection and defensiveness. I never stated a position on your opinion.

Original post by SophieSmall
In my opinion @Anon_98 doesn't exist, but that's just my opinion. No matter how obviously untrue and whatever evidence there may be against my opinion I will deny it. Because of course I, like the non existent Anon_98 don't understand the difference between facts and opinions.

While I'm at it, in my opinion apples, trees and oxygen don't exist.

You can't have an opinion on fact.

:rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cherryred90s
Certain types = certain ethnicities = racist. I'll make sure I have lots of black babies and I'll be thinking of you :smile:

Lmao :rofl:

I love how he tries to say he's not racist but every explanation he gives is the literal Oxford Dictionary definition of racism, I mean...there's no disputing it
In my opinion @Anon_98 doesn't exist, but that's just my opinion. No matter how obviously untrue and whatever evidence there may be against my opinion I will deny it. Because of course I, like the non existent Anon_98 don't understand the difference between facts and opinions.

Lmao, this :rofl:
Original post by Anon_98
Not really.
I don't want to talk about it further tbh, if you'd like to continue then I'm sure @Illiberal Liberal and @Plantagenet Crown will be more than willing to take my place + discuss it with you since they pretty much made me write that paragraph + it therefore appears as though they're quite interested in the whole concept. :yep: Let's hope they don't let you down. :no:

With all due respect, it is. Dyslexia is a medical diagnosis, in the same way that autism or schizophrenia are medical diagnoses. You can say you don't believe in it which I guess is an opinion (even if it's an opinion that doesn't stand up at all against the evidence) but to claim that there isn't a diagnosis or specific clinical criteria for dyslexia is categorically wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
In my opinion @Anon_98 doesn't exist, but that's just my opinion.

Except there is no evidence for dyslexia, it's just an excuse. Ofc, deluded people like yourself end up confusing fact with fiction. Commiserations.

No, that's quite possibly the most stupidest example I've ever been represented with in my entire existence on TSR. If I step outside my back garden, I will see the trees which the apples hang from. If I step into the learning development room, I do not see the word 'Dyslexia™ ' stamped on every child's forehead. What I do see, however, are children who have been mistaught or not taught well, children who need extra help but instead of being given the necessities they need to progress, they've all been slumbered into a room, opposite the boys' toilets with others who have also been "diagnosed", being told they have this "condition" and therefore require "special care" so will be comforted and given disability benefits which will only hinder their learning further when in reality it's all down to inadequate teaching + support from a young age. If this wasn't a problem to begin with then it... really. wouldn't. exist.

Oh mhm, ooh isn't it great that it isn't fact then? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG this is brilliant. :rofl:

Your 'opinions' on dyslexia, homosexuals and abortion really worry me. Also, you're not providing any evidence or justification for you arguments, thus you're not coming across well at all. But hey, you disprove a fact can you? :wink:
I like wearing socks in the bath.
Original post by Anon_98
Except there is no evidence for dyslexia, it's just an excuse. Ofc, deluded people like yourself end up confusing fact with fiction. Commiserations.

No, that's quite possibly the most stupidest example I've ever been represented with in my entire existence on TSR. If I step outside my back garden, I will see the trees which the apples hang from. If I step into the learning development room, I do not see the word 'Dyslexia™ ' stamped on every child's forehead. What I do see, however, are children who have been mistaught or not taught well, children who need extra help but instead of being given the necessities they need to progress, they've all been slumbered into a room, opposite the boys' toilets with others who have also been "diagnosed", being told they have this "condition" and therefore require "special care" so will be comforted and given disability benefits which will only hinder their learning further when in reality it's all down to inadequate teaching + support from a young age. If this wasn't a problem to begin with then it... really. wouldn't. exist.

Oh mhm, ooh isn't it great that it isn't fact then? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so clever aren't you? how could I ever match your sheer ignorance?

How about you do some actual research into dyslexia, or read some actual scientific papers on dyslexia rather than some click-bait article by the Daily Mail. There is evidence for it. But of course if I slapped you across the face with a textbook clearly defining this evidence you would pretend it does not exist.

And judging by your sheer idiocy you probably could't comprehend the book if you tried.

Although I'm sure it will be very difficult for you, do some research on the Magnoceullular pathway.
Original post by drowzee
Your 'opinions' on dyslexia,

Great. :yy:

Original post by drowzee

homosexuals

What opinion would that be exactly? XD Considering I haven't even made one¿:lolwut:

Original post by drowzee

and abortion really worry me.

Just bc you're 100% pro-choice, doesn't mean everyone else will be. No need to worry yourself. :wink:

Original post by drowzee

Also, you're not providing any evidence or justification for you arguments,

I've provided more than enough tbh, I didn't ask for my opinion to be debated upon, merely commented on a thread so why you all expect me to elaborate on something I didnt sign up for is beyond me. :u:

Original post by drowzee

But hey, you disprove a fact can you? :wink:

It isn't fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
lol is this argument really still going on?
Reply 232
how can you not enjoy just having to kick a ball around for an hour
Oh so clever aren't you?

U in AS level physics. Quite so. :borat:

how could I ever match your sheer ignorance?

Clearly you can't, I win. :crown:

How about you

How about no.

do some actual research into dyslexia, or read some actual scientific papers on dyslexia rather than some click-bait article by the Daily Mail.

I've done more than enough research, perhaps you need to do some of your own.

There is evidence for it.

Go right ahead, don't keep me waiting.

But of course if I slapped you across the face with a textbook clearly defining this evidence you would pretend it does not exist.

If I slapped you across the face with a Bible, Quran or Torah would that make you want to believe in the Abrahamic God or would you pretend it does not exist?

And judging

Usually bad to judge, don't do it. :naughty:

by your sheer idiocy

Please provide me with sources, evidence and links to back up this claim.

you probably could't comprehend the book if you tried.

*picks up gauntlet* I accept the challenge.

Although I'm sure it will be very difficult for you, do some research on the Magnoceullular pathway.

Good for you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Great. :yy:
What opinion would that be exactly? XD Considering I haven't even made one¿:lolwut:

You said the avatars of two homosexuals kissing made you sick/uncomfortable, that is homophobic.

Just bc you're 100% pro-choice, doesn't mean everyone else will be. No need to worry yourself. :wink:

There is no point getting into a debate with you, but yes, let's just make women have babies they don't want. :smile: Great logic there

I've provided more than enough tbh, I didn't ask for my opinion to be debated upon, merely commented on a thread so why you all expect me to elaborate on something I didnt sign up for is beyond me. :u:

That's because your 'opinion' is just absurd. You're disagreeing with years of research and medical professionals, and I am going to say what I said to another user, that's incredible arrogant of you and just ignorant. :lol:

It isn't fact.

WOW k. Go tell that to mental health researchers, I'm sure they would appreciate your opinion with your lack of psychology phD :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft
Yes because having a different opinion is worse than wishing death upon someone right?

It's funny how you didn't see the irony in my post. Or the very clear joke at that users OPINIONS.

Also I didn't say I wished it upon them.
Original post by somemightsay888
What an awful thing to say.

Her opinions are disagreeable but this is too far.

I know you have this "I'm not a bitch I'm just blunt LOLOLOL!!!11!!!!!1" gimmick going on, but unneeded.

But dude, don't you get it they're just opinions. That was the whole premise of the post.

Also I forgot to italicize the word opinion in that post.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's funny how you didn't see the irony in my post. Or the very clear joke at that users OPINIONS.

Also I didn't say I wished it upon them.

Because there was no irony? Please share the ironic thing about your post.
Original post by Anon_98
How do you suggest I go about this? Should I drown myself in bleach, or perhaps hang myself using my favourite skipping rope or maybe slowly cut myself to death with a craft knife? Ohmyg Sophie, you suggested the idea so help me out. ^-^ Absolutely no need for guilt, I'll let you take the credit when the world becomes a better place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never said you should. I said if you did.

Latest