The Student Room Group

Racial bias test

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HepaxLegomenon
I very clearly asked you what you meant. I do admit that I misread you comment, but honestly even now that you've corrected me it still doesn't make sense. I know what you're trying to say but it is so far fetched. As for backing up my argument: you must realise that everything we're discussing here is ideology driven and that no one can be the winner in this debate. There is no way we can prove our opinions to be fact, but I certainly can (and have) proven your opinions to be untrue. I'm waiting for you to do the same with mine.

I find it curious that all of the authors you've read on the subject of racism are radicals, and all seem to have opinions which align with yours. Seems to me that you live in a bit of an echo chamber. Perhaps this is why you're so offended that I disagree with you?

The accepted view in academia is that reverse racism cannot exist, I didn't claim to have won anything, all I did was provide you with names of authors whose books I have read, as you requested.

You haven't proved a single thing I have said to be untrue, you just keep on talking, going around in circles, repeating yourself, without making any points, because you don't have a point to make. In this entire conversation, you still have not made a single valid point, so I don't understand why you're still talking. What I have said is true, your opinion is based on you being white, that is not an opinion that is a fact. You haven't once explained where your opinion, and lack of one, stems from. You are literally too brain-dead to have a conversation with.

Learn to have an educated conversation, perhaps by picking up a book and reading. Lmao, a second ago you didn't know who I was referring to, now everyone I mentioned is a radical. You must enjoy being delusional. Feel free to repeat yourself again, it's embarrassing to read someone writing the same thing for hours about them having an opinion, and not being able to develop it any further other than by saying that they have one. You and me sir, and the difference between being educated, and thinking you are educated. Unfortunately I have had to block you, because I have this rule, don't spend all day talking to people about things they haven't read about, and may never read about, because those people are more interested in having an argument than they are developing their opinion in an educated manner. Goodbye.
nah m8
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by david_94
I haven't discriminated against anyone or anything, I have just explained that racism is a structure, and that the oppressed cannot oppress the oppressor.

I have yet to see you, or the other two people point to any solid facts? Just spouting off about your opinions, it's quite comical really. Feel free to share some links pal

Racism isn't a structure. It is nothing more than an act. Definition are key in how we use words you can't just pick and choose the ones you don't agree with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is ridiculous
why the hell should some computer test be the judge of whether or not we are prejudiced. it all comes down to the type of person we are at the end of the day and the actions we do and the choices that we decide to make.
sometimes i feel that people put too much trust in technology to make their decisions for them INSTEAD OF USING THEIR COMMON SENSE!!!!!:angry:
Original post by DiddyDec
Racism isn't a structure. It is nothing more than an act. Definition are key in how we use words you can't just pick and choose the ones you don't agree with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's funny, the dictionary infers the complete opposite. Note, racism is also a noun not a verb, unlike swimming, and jumping, it's not a doing word. When people attack people based on their ethnicity, that is them acting on their racist beliefs, it's not them 'doing racism'. I suggest you re-read your beloved dictionary more thoroughly.
Strong automatic preference for White people: 48%
Moderate automatic preference for White people:13%
Slight automatic preference for White people:12%
Little or no automatic preference: 12%
Slight automatic preference for Black people: 6%
Moderate automatic preference for Black people: 4%
Strong automatic preference for Black people: 6%
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by booyahkasha
Strong automatic preference for White people: 48%
Moderate automatic preference for White people:13%
Slight automatic preference for White people:12%
Little or no automatic preference: 12%
Slight automatic preference for Black people: 6%
Moderate automatic preference for Black people: 4%
Strong automatic preference for Black people: 6%

You have quoted the overall result percentages, not your own result
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
You have quoted the overall result percentages, not your own result

lol oops

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
Original post by Lilmissmuslima
this is ridiculous
why the hell should some computer test be the judge of whether or not we are prejudiced. it all comes down to the type of person we are at the end of the day and the actions we do and the choices that we decide to make.
sometimes i feel that people put too much trust in technology to make their decisions for them INSTEAD OF USING THEIR COMMON SENSE!!!!!:angry:

As the info after the test result says it is very possible to have differing conscious and unconscious interpretations of the same thing. The unconscious is more of a gut reaction that doesn't really factor in to how you make decisions or treat people.
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.

Quick Reply

Latest