The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What kind of written work are people sending in? I'm having to send in coursework since I have nothing else :colondollar:
Original post by antigone-
What kind of written work are people sending in? I'm having to send in coursework since I have nothing else :colondollar:

For both my essays, I've had to write them up from scratch D: Thankfully, one is done and the other one half finished. I keep panicking I won't be able to finish on time!
Original post by Omni Vanitas
For both my essays, I've had to write them up from scratch D: Thankfully, one is done and the other one half finished. I keep panicking I won't be able to finish on time!

Mine hasn't even been marked yet and I'm terrified I'm going to get a god awful mark :afraid:

I know Oxford don't really care about the mark since they're aware it's marked to a specific scheme but it would be nice to have good marks to show them :tongue:
Mine hasn't even been marked yet and I'm terrified I'm going to get a god awful mark :afraid:

I know Oxford don't really care about the mark since they're aware it's marked to a specific scheme but it would be nice to have good marks to show them :tongue:

Don't worry, I'm in the same position! We'll suffer together :tongue:
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Don't worry, I'm in the same position! We'll suffer together :tongue:

Good luck to us both then haha :biggrin::wink:
Original post by Pcabezas
Same for me, I had to help out my teacher for writting his reference in english, and had no help at all when writting my PS, which is quite scary.

Let alone help with the interview (If I get shortlisted).
Good luck!

I can so relate to this, I'm doing everything alone (expect for the reference letter,that was my subject teacher's work) since nobody in my school has ever thought about applying to Oxford because of the reputation Oxford has in the world.
And there is no person here that really knows how to apply and how to write PS and written work, so I understand you. We're both on our own... But that is useful actually, we'll learn a lot from this! :biggrin:

One of my written works is a literature one (examination essay) and the other one is a rhetorical exercise (homework assignment). :biggrin: Have you already decided on the subjects of your written work? :biggrin:
Original post by Nancy97
I can so relate to this, I'm doing everything alone (expect for the reference letter,that was my subject teacher's work) since nobody in my school has ever thought about applying to Oxford because of the reputation Oxford has in the world.
And there is no person here that really knows how to apply and how to write PS and written work, so I understand you. We're both on our own... But that is useful actually, we'll learn a lot from this! :biggrin:

One of my written works is a literature one (examination essay) and the other one is a rhetorical exercise (homework assignment). :biggrin: Have you already decided on the subjects of your written work? :biggrin:

Where are you from? And, have you applied to other unis in the uk?

I'd love to at least get an interview, and get to go to Oxford :biggrin:
Thanks haha, same to you! All we can do is give it our best. I have applied for straight history at Brasenose, how about you? Good luck with the HAT! :smile:
Original post by Nancy97

I'm applying for History and Politics so I HAVE to send in one piece of History work. That is me sorted basically, just need my teacher to get it marked before November 10th! Good luck :smile:
If I already have my A2 grades (Gap Year Applicant), and have contextual information (I would receive three flags on my application), Is the ELAT less important for getting an interview?
Is it easier to apply as an international student due to the higher fees?
Where are you from? And, have you applied to other unis in the uk?

I'd love to at least get an interview, and get to go to Oxford :biggrin:

I'm from Serbia. What about you? :biggrin: Yes, I have, of course! I always make a plan B in case my plan A fails. :biggrin:
Well, everybody thinks in a way 'Oh, just to get invited to an interview is a great achievement' but when you accomplish that, then you will certainly want to go further. That's is human nature to never be fully satisfied. :biggrin: I wish you the best of luck!

I'm applying for History and Politics so I HAVE to send in one piece of History work. That is me sorted basically, just need my teacher to get it marked before November 10th! Good luck :smile:

Well, of course you have to! If I applied for History and Politics, I would certainly talk about general history and maybe analyse a certain event or period in different aspects and angles (literature, music, sociology, politics :biggrin: , statistics etc.), but that's just my opinion. :biggrin: Well, you still have some time left, I'm sure you will make it!! Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Original post by Nancy97
I'm from Serbia. What about you? :biggrin: Yes, I have, of course! I always make a plan B in case my plan A fails. :biggrin:
Well, everybody thinks in a way 'Oh, just to get invited to an interview is a great achievement' but when you accomplish that, then you will certainly want to go further. That's is human nature to never be fully satisfied. :biggrin: I wish you the best of luck!

Well, of course you have to! If I applied for History and Politics, I would certainly talk about general history and maybe analyse a certain event or period in different aspects and angles (literature, music, sociology, politics :biggrin: , statistics etc.), but that's just my opinion. :biggrin: Well, you still have some time left, I'm sure you will make it!! Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Yes, we can't really count on getting in oxford, so second options are always needed haha I applied to some scotish unis (Got an offer in Glasgow :biggrin:) and Imperial.

Or course! If we do get to the interview stage we will be even more eager to get a place, but I'd really like to get shorlisted. That way I will at least travel to Oxford :biggrin:
Hey guys, anyone know if you can take quotes out of the word count for written work? My work is above the 2000 limit with quotes, but below it without them. Thanks. :smile:
Yes, we can't really count on getting in oxford, so second options are always needed haha I applied to some scotish unis (Got an offer in Glasgow :biggrin:) and Imperial.

Or course! If we do get to the interview stage we will be even more eager to get a place, but I'd really like to get shorlisted. That way I will at least travel to Oxford :biggrin:

You've already received an offer? How is that possible? I applied to one Scottish university (Edinburgh) but did you get an offer that early because you're an UK/EU student? :biggrin:

Yes, but this kind of eagerness can clearly be justified since not everyone applies to one of the top universities every day, right? :wink: Well, your chances of getting shortlisted depend on how competitive the course you're applying for is, so I would suggest having a look on statistic reports but they may either be relieving or upsetting...
Original post by Nancy97
Wow, you're the first Pembroke applicant I've seen here. :biggrin:
I've also been allocated to Pembroke, and I've received an email from an admission tutor about written work. What did you apply for? :biggrin:

History and English, so I'm frantically trying to do some last minute preparation for the HAT on Wednesday! :eek3:What about you? :smile:
Original post by IzzySaskia
History and English, so I'm frantically trying to do some last minute preparation for the HAT on Wednesday! :eek3:What about you? :smile:

Don't panic, you don't have time for that! Panic later! :biggrin: Wish you the best of luck, I hope you will do just fine and subsequently be invited. :biggrin:
I've applied for Chinese language but I am not taking any test, written work is enough... :biggrin:
Original post by Nancy97
You've already received an offer? How is that possible? I applied to one Scottish university (Edinburgh) but did you get an offer that early because you're an UK/EU student? :biggrin:

Yes, but this kind of eagerness can clearly be justified since not everyone applies to one of the top universities every day, right? :wink: Well, your chances of getting shortlisted depend on how competitive the course you're applying for is, so I would suggest having a look on statistic reports but they may either be relieving or upsetting...

I am an EU student, but I don't think that they answer to us faster. I have also applied to Edinburgh, but haven't heard from them yet, I think that they are one of the slow replyiers haha
I am an EU student, but I don't think that they answer to us faster. I have also applied to Edinburgh, but haven't heard from them yet, I think that they are one of the slow replyiers haha

I suppose you're right, that would be an act of discrimination.
You scared me, I thought I was going to be rejected! :s-smilie:
Does anyone have any predictions for the HAT? I'm stressing out about it so much

Latest

Trending

Trending