The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kristen2
But in some countries homosexuality is illegal

and....your point is? :s-smilie:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
So you are saying you respect homosexual people and tolerate homosexual behaviour but surely you cannot expect me to respect homophobic people and tolerate homophobic behaviour?

You do realise that is what your asking me to do, right?

Because that would be speaking from the 'other side' to the one that I am on.

I am not telling you to respect homophobic people and homophobic behavior.

I clearly said having an avatar literally saying you support homosexuality is fine, except to those who are homophobic of course.
and....your point is? :s-smilie:

People are always going to argue where to draw the line, let them have their own opinions
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
I am not telling you to respect homophobic people and homophobic behavior.

I clearly said having an avatar saying you support homosexuality is fine, except to those who are homophobic of course.

Yes but I don't care if I offend homophobic people with my avatar because I believe their opinions on homosexuality are wrong.
Original post by kristen2
People are always going to argue where to draw the line, let them have their own opinions

Well there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, I don't respect a lot of opinions, homophobic ones are one of them.
Yes but I don't care if I offend homophobic people with my avatar because I believe their opinions on homosexuality are wrong.

That's exactly my point, which is why having an avatar saying "I support homosexuality" is fine.

But having an avatar displaying homosexual activity is offensive to many people who aren't even homophobic, but just dislike the activity.

If you are happy with offending these people, myself included, keep your avatar.
Guys, who cares about what homophobes say? Homophobes will be homophobes, no matter how well you argue your point. Forever ignorant and hateful. Don't stoop to their level :h:
Reply 27
That's exactly my point, which is why having an avatar saying "I support homosexuality" is fine.

But having an avatar displaying homosexual activity is offensive to many people who aren't even homophobic, but just dislike the activity.

If you are happy with offending these people, myself included, keep your avatar.

Your avatar offends me. Duck pout bruh, srs?
Original post by DrID
Your avatar offends me. Duck pout bruh, srs?

Not even pouting in my avatar. :smile:

Well I'm not taking it down because it offends you. That's like saying I'm going to pull down my skirt because it offends you. I don't see why I should have to change my actions that I deem perfectly appropriate because some individuals find it offensive.

It's not mine or the gay communities fault you find their perfectly appropriate expression of love offensive.

Do you see my point?
Well I'm not taking it down because it offends you. That's like saying I'm going to pull down my skirt because it offends you. I don't see why I should have to change my actions that I deem perfectly appropriate because some individuals find it offensive.

It's not mine or the gay communities fault you find their perfectly appropriate expression of love offensive.

Do you see my point?

I clearly said, if you are happy with your choice, then keep your avatar. I didn't tell you that you must change anything, I just told you how I feel about your avatar.
Not even pouting in my avatar. :smile:
It's BLUE STEEL

I clearly said, if you are happy with your choice, then keep your avatar. I didn't tell you that you must change anything, I just told you how I feel about your avatar.

I know you find it offensive, but I disagree so I won't be changing my avatar.
Well there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, I don't respect a lot of opinions, homophobic ones are one of them.

ok fair enough. All i'm saying is if i were you, i wouldnt bother to try and change the opinions of other people on tsr, because its likely it wont happen
Original post by Captain Jack
There is nothing distasteful about two people of the same sex kissing.

Lol
I know you find it offensive, but I disagree so I won't be changing my avatar.

I admire how you speak for what you think is right, and I respect your decision. :smile:

There are people who are offended by inter-racial couples but surely you wouldn't be against that too?

Sexuality, like race, is not a choice. (: Why be offended by something that is not in one's control?
Original post by Inexorably
I'm going to make a massive speech again over this, but someone who is biologically homosexual should not have to pander to the beliefs of religious people who CHOOSE their beliefs.

God I can see this kicking off again.

"Biologically homosexual"?

Bruh.
Original post by F.Nietzsche
There are people who are offended by inter-racial couples but surely you wouldn't be against that too?

Sexuality, like race, is not a choice. (: Why be offended by something that is not in one's control?

That's the problem. Not everyone believes it is not a choice.
That's the problem. Not everyone believes it is not a choice.

So people in Uganda for example, choose to be gay because they're treated so wonderfully there? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending