The Student Room Group

weight watchers or slimming world?

I'm looking to lose some weight but i am having trouble doing so, which would you recommend? weight watchers or slimming world? i am planning on doing the online membership as i have uni and a job to squeeze in so what do you suggest?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Justmoll28
I'm looking to lose some weight but i am having trouble doing so, which would you recommend? weight watchers or slimming world? i am planning on doing the online membership as i have uni and a job to squeeze in so what do you suggest?

Slimming world!! It is so much quicker. Where I go, this fat woman lost a stone in two weeks. I'm probably average size and I lost a stone in 6 weeks, 5 and a half pounds in the first week! My consultant's friend has lost 13 stone on slimming world now, it's definitely worth it and less rigorous than WW so you'll stick to it.
Reply 2
Original post by beyknowles2
Slimming world!! It is so much quicker. Where I go, this fat woman lost a stone in two weeks. I'm probably average size and I lost a stone in 6 weeks, 5 and a half pounds in the first week! My consultant's friend has lost 13 stone on slimming world now, it's definitely worth it and less rigorous than WW so you'll stick to it.

wow thats s good! Ill definitely give it a go haha
Reply 3
Assess why your fat first. For me it was takeaways.
Reply 4
Original post by Rakas21
Assess why your fat first. For me it was takeaways.

well you know i was brought up on mcdonalds and now I'm a student so i live off takeaways, now i have assessed so what?
Neither!
Reply 6
well you know i was brought up on mcdonalds and now I'm a student so i live off takeaways, now i have assessed so what?

So you don't need a club then, just stop eating those.

iI think dieting is the worst thing as it's not permanent, yeah maybe don't eat as many takeaways etc, 15mins exercise a day or like a 20 min ride is all you need to loose loads of weight.
I recommend the "Keep your mouth shut when you aren't actually hungry, avoid junk food" diet.

I don't mean to be harsh, but in order to make a permanent, healthy lifestyle change you have to learn how to make the right choices when it comes to buy food in the real world. Relying on menus/eating plans set by someone else won't help you in the long run.
Original post by Marie_Antoinette
I recommend the "Keep your mouth shut when you aren't actually hungry, avoid junk food" diet.

I don't mean to be harsh, but in order to make a permanent, healthy lifestyle change you have to learn how to make the right choices when it comes to buy food in the real world. Relying on menus/eating plans set by someone else won't help you in the long run.

How would that come across as harsh? The simple truth is, the girl needs to consume less calories than she burns. She can either eat less, burn more, or preferably both. She doesn't need some bull**** club to hold her hand.
I do weight watchers and have lost 6.5 stone. I really like the weekly meetings, if I wasn't going to do that then I probably wouldn't pay for a membership, I'd probably just use myfitnesspal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
neither, read the stickies and educate yourself on the basics of nutrition, you don't need to pay for anything when you can spend an hour just reading the basics of macronutrients, cals in-cals out, TDEE etc
I lost 13 pounds on slimming world but a few pounds on weight watchers. Tbh I like the pressure of weekly weigh-ins and the fact that they announce your weight loss/gain to the group. It pressures u to lose the weight.
Original post by Greg Jackson
neither, read the stickies and educate yourself on the basics of nutrition, you don't need to pay for anything when you can spend an hour just reading the basics of macronutrients, cals in-cals out, TDEE etc

But that's too much work! :tongue:
Original post by Squats and milk
How would that come across as harsh? The simple truth is, the girl needs to consume less calories than she burns. She can either eat less, burn more, or preferably both. She doesn't need some bull**** club to hold her hand.

honey i don't want anyone to hold my hand, i just fancy the meetings to see other people and be inspired, if you have nothing nice to say then **** off x x x x
honey i don't want anyone to hold my hand, i just fancy the meetings to see other people and be inspired, if you have nothing nice to say then **** off x x x x

Your money not mine I guess.
Your money not mine I guess.

money, pfft its hardly a lot is it
money, pfft its hardly a lot is it

I don't know how much it is. As long as you know it's not necessary to join a club like that to loose weight. If you want to go for the social side of it then fair enough. Your original post said you were having trouble loosing weight, which isn't hard if you know some basic information and you put some effort in, no club needed. Nothing personal about the holding hand thing, it's just that so many people look for a quick fix and don't want to put any work in for themselves, and clubs like this only exist because of these people.
I don't know how much it is. As long as you know it's not necessary to join a club like that to loose weight. If you want to go for the social side of it then fair enough. Your original post said you were having trouble loosing weight, which isn't hard if you know some basic information and you put some effort in, no club needed. Nothing personal about the holding hand thing, it's just that so many people look for a quick fix and don't want to put any work in for themselves, and clubs like this only exist because of these people.

No i will put the effort in i just need someone to kick my arse back into gear, like someone above said i like the weigh in because it will keep me in order, i am capable of losing weight as i have done before in the past

Not necessary to join a club to lose weight, but it can make it a lot more fun, provide resources you wouldn't have on your own and you make like minded friends who will support you to achieve your goals.

I would never dream of telling someone that they need to join in order to lose weight, but I wouldn't discourage them either, especially on a monetary basis. People should find out for themselves what works for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest