The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rat_Bag
By awareness of the fact that leaving Islam is a good thing for somebody's mind and intellectual development. Islam holds people back in so many ways and poisons their mind with hateful and intolerance beliefs.

Sure, but the OP has said she isn't interested in people saying it's a bad decision based on the Qur'an

Erm, the OP has come to a public forum asking for advice. The only people she wants to mind their own business on this are people who are only interested in bringing Qur'an nonsense onto the thread.

Anyway, you sounds very touchy by this subject. Why does it upset and rattle you so much that people are abandoning Islam?

Hmmm lets see... who is the sensitive one here again? :redface: I'm not the one pointing fingers on one's faith and beliefs. I guess you have even less brains then your own name "Rat_Bag".

OP is asking for advice and I gave her one. I guess you just like to argue and troll people with out even reading someone's post before you state your none sense.

Wow... I gotta give it you for this one. If you think that being on an online forum (that is filled with Islam haters like you) shows you that people are abandoning Islam then you should wake up now from your slumber and see the real outside world. OP leaving Islam doesn't changes anything considering more are becoming Muslims as well. :tongue:
Original post by FahzB
So apparently knowing 2 gay people is enough to make a generalisation?
Wow...

In fact 3. Anyway two of them were not like this in year 7 or so I don't think.
Reply 242
Original post by arcenciel21
I find being a Muslim offensive so it's a bit rude of you to come here and tell everyone you're a Muslim

Sorry, why are you instantaneously hating on me for my religion? Are you offended by me believing in Islam?

Quite bewildering to see such a childish, arrogant and uneducated remark :frown:
I've read loads of books and pieces of literature better than the Qur'an. So the challenge has failed.

I meant to say a book in Arabic. Allah chose his last book to be arabic bcz it is one of the most difficult language.. If u just know something about it.. Its grammar is the most difficult one, so Allah chose it for the people so that they cannot say it is wrong..
Like u cant believe that Quraan is correct.. how can we believe u that u have read a book better than Quraan.. We were also not present at the time when u read the books that u say were better than Quraan.. as u cant believe Quraan cz u were not present 1400 years ago..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ZayaanH
a bit rude of you to say congrats because some of us are muslim, like myself, and find that offensive.

Could not care less.
Reply 245
Original post by Blackstarr

And you still think you can generalise all gays based on three individuals?
Original post by Vegito
Hmmm lets see... who is the sensitive one here again? :redface: I'm not the one pointing fingers on one's faith and beliefs. I guess you have even less brains then your own name "Rat_Bag".

OP is asking for advice and I gave her one. I guess you just like to argue and troll people with out even reading someone's post before you state your none sense.

Wow... I gotta give it you for this one. If you think that being on an online forum (that is filled with Islam haters like you) shows you that people are abandoning Islam then you should wake up now from your slumber and see the real outside world. OP leaving Islam doesn't changes anything considering more are becoming Muslims as well. :tongue:

You do realise that when the OP was referring to advice she was meaning, idk, useful and thoughtful advice maybe?... just saying.

The problem with muslims is that they take everything in the Qur'an as the direct word of their so called 'God'. But they fail to make their own perception on the text and teachings and also fail to investigate or consider why people are leaving Islam.

Il get the ball rolling with one reason. The existence of evil and suffering for example.

Oh yeah. 'I didn't know they were gay when they were in nappies sucking their thumbs so obviously they chose to be gay later on in life'
Reply 248
Original post by Alba2013
Could not care less.

Arrogance.
Reply 249
Ya all just need to chill the **** out
Reply 250
Original post by redleader1
The quran is pretty complex, I mean did you mis understand anything ??
The Quran itself claims that it is "explained in detail" and "makes everything clear".

If there is any passage within it that is not clear or requires further explanation, it is clear evidence that the Quran contains errors, and again, by its own standards, it is shown to be false.
Considering that even "scholars" argue over the meaning of passages, the Quran is clearly shown to be flawed, not the work of a god, and not something worthy of dedicating your life to.
(That's before we even start on all the permissions and exhortations that are anathema to any civilised person with even the smallest trace of human empathy).

Why do you actually want to tell your parents about this ? It could break their hearts if they are muslims, think about them how would they perceive it ?
1. Trust and honesty are foundation stones of any healthy relationship.
2. Parents must learn to accept that their children are individuals, not extensions of themselves.
Original post by arcenciel21
Oh yeah. 'I didn't know they were gay when they were in nappies sucking their thumbs so obviously they chose to be gay later on in life'

Some people were straight but now they are gay.
Some people were straight but now they are gay.

Reply 253
Original post by eoe
Ya all just need to chill the **** out

yh ur right these kinds of threads always cause some form of argument.
Original post by FahzB
And you still think you can generalise all gays based on three individuals?

Regardless of that I still see homosexuality as a choice.
Reply 255
Original post by emily Z
Non-muslims do not believe in Islam, they are not tested/treated according to their belief in Islam
Obviously not familiar with the Quran then?

Don't worry, you're not alone. Few Muslims seem to have read and understood it to any great degree.
Reply 256
Regardless of that I still see homosexuality as a choice.

But you don't enough people to be able to form a justified opinion.
Okay, I don't know your sexuality but I'm assuming you're straight, when do you think you made that choice to be straight?
Original post by ZayaanH
Arrogance.

Arrogance is telling people to not do things because it offends your sensibilities.
QUOTE=arcenciel21;60353921]
I think its best we leave it here.

I stil stand by my words.
Reply 259
Being gay is a choice.

Some people were straight but now they are gay so, what has happened? It is a choice.

In secs school I knew 2 gay people.

Your logic makes me puke

Latest

Trending

Trending