The Student Room Group

Texting guys first

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'm retired from being the Messiah, I am not retired from tha booty fam

:rofl: 2hardcore5me
Original post by samina_ay
Lol delete their number and when they do text you, be like "sorry, who's this?"

I do that even if I haven't deleted their number lloool XP (yaknow just to start the conversation...)
I prefer men to text first, so I'll just patiently wait looool
I don't understand why people wouldn't text someone they wanted to talk to? If I wanted to talk to a girl, I'd text her first without any hesitation.
I would love it if a girl I liked texted me first. :colone:
I believe a guy should always text first until we have something substantial going on but then there are times I text first for the sole purpose of determining whether I should cross him off or not.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
I text whenever I want to text lol I'm not going to wait around for someone to text me if i want to talk to them 😂 Kind of defeats the purpose of wanting to talk to them
@coolclar breaking away from the norm there...
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Texting first is great, I encourage it. Girls now will literally wait days for you to message them then get angry because you didn't text

Random girl messaging me first? Would find that a bit thirsty but would definitely go along for the guaranteed sex at the end :yy:

Dayummm good thing your girl left you. You're thirsty as **** and she deserves better
Original post by Alexion
@coolclar breaking away from the norm there...

Hahaha I don't want to appear clingy during the dating stage. I text first sometime if I can't wait to tell him something
Original post by HanaKimi
I believe a guy should always text first until we have something substantial going on

y tho
Guy & I think girls should do it more
Original post by Anonymous
Dayummm good thing your girl left you. You're thirsty as **** and she deserves better

:laugh:

You're being pathetic please leave me alone
:laugh:

You're being pathetic please leave me alone

Truth hurts dude
Truth hurts dude

Yeah except you didn't leave me....

You need to get over me
Yeah except you didn't leave me....

You need to get over me

Lolz you think I'm her :lol:
Lolz you think I'm her :lol:

You need to grow up
Original post by robitussin
Guys: how do you feel about girls texting you first? is it a bit too 'full on'/creepy/thirsty? or is it actually alright and something you wish they did more? turn on/off?

Girls: how do you feel about texting guys first? why do you/don't you do it?

EXTRA Q: How would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online?

Came up in a discussion i had today and was pretty interested in hearing other peoples opinions about it :h:

im a guy and im fine with it. By all means initiate a text convo.

Randomer doing it. Well its online so not like they knocked on my door so yeah sure why not. after all, all friends were strangers once.
Original post by robitussin
Guys: how do you feel about girls texting you first? is it a bit too 'full on'/creepy/thirsty? or is it actually alright and something you wish they did more? turn on/off?

Girls: how do you feel about texting guys first? why do you/don't you do it?

EXTRA Q: How would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online?

Came up in a discussion i had today and was pretty interested in hearing other peoples opinions about it :h:

im a guy. By all means girls initiate the first text, im more than happy for that to happen.

A stranger doing it. Well its social media not like they knocked on my front door. So yeah sure why not? All friends were once strangers
I say girls should definitely do it more, and it seems so does virtually every other guy :lol:

Literally 100% of guys who voted said girls should text first more often, so both genders would respond happily if someone initiated it seems, not just girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending