The Student Room Group

Is paedophilia a sexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inexorably
No it is a paraphilia (a "dangerous fetish" per se), not a sexuality. One can still be heterosexual whilst at the meantime having a sexual interest in children.

I made a really thorough post explaining my understanding of the matter and for some reason it was deleted. :sigh: Sometimes I don't know why I bother.

Edit: Oh, and P.S. ty a lot for using "whilst"!!! A dying word. :frown: I literally never see anyone use it nowadays.
(edited 8 years ago)
OP is a genuine nonce.
Original post by callum_law
Lessen your tone, maybe; you come off as petulant.

Motes and beams :lol:
Reply 23
I don't know, I'm struggling to write this answer.
I want to say yes because I don't think they can control their attraction towards children but doesn't that make it somewhat acceptable? I believe being gay and other sexualities are not something the individual can choose and I accept them so going by that logic, I should accept pedophiles but I don't...this was a bad answer - sorry.
Original post by a noble chance
Motes and beams :lol:

Are you going to start talking back to me and then run away again like a coward?
Original post by callum_law
Are you going to start talking back to me and then run away again like a coward?

Ceasing to respond to an abusive and generally unpleasant poster on an internet forum does not equate to cowardice. I also find it amusing that your hypocrisy stretches so far as to accuse someone of being a coward when you would never speak to people in person as you do from behind the safety of your computer screen. It is frankly astonishing that you are older than most people on here judging by the way you conduct yourself.

It is clear that you are a profoundly troubled individual and my only emotional response is pity. You appear to feed off of hostility and gain some perverted satisfaction from belittling others as your post history makes so painfully clear in a long list of separate encounters stretching over a year and ranging from insulting someone's university to directing verbal abuse at someone because of minor punctuation errors. I will humour you with the response you crave - but in my own time. Some of us share our energies between activities outside of internet forums.
Original post by a noble chance
Ceasing to respond to an abusive and generally unpleasant poster on an internet forum does not equate to cowardice. I also find it amusing that your hypocrisy stretches so far as to accuse someone of being a coward when you would never speak to people in person as you do from behind the safety of your computer screen. It is frankly astonishing that you are older than most people on here judging by the way you conduct yourself.

It is clear that you are a profoundly troubled individual and my only emotional response is pity. You appear to feed off of hostility and gain some perverted satisfaction from belittling others as your post history makes so painfully clear in a long list of separate encounters stretching over a year and ranging from insulting someone's university to directing verbal abuse at someone because of minor punctuation errors. I will humour you with the response you crave - but in my own time. Some of us share our energies between activities outside of internet forums.

The last part is irrelevant; there's nothing wrong with the opposite, so don't imply such! (In this context.)
Original post by XcitingStuart
I made a really thorough post explaining my understanding of the matter and for some reason it was deleted. :sigh: Sometimes I don't know why I bother.

Edit: Oh, and P.S. ty a lot for using "whilst"!!! A dying word. :frown: I literally never see anyone use it nowadays.

Stalking my posts again I see? :wink:

Yes it's a shame, I like the word whilst & 'whom' which is also declining in usage.
Stalking my posts again I see? :wink:

Yes it's a shame, I like the word whilst & 'whom' which is also declining in usage.

(Besides "amongst" and "whilst", archaic/obsolete but) there's also the word "alongst"!
(Besides "amongst" and "whilst", archaic/obsolete but) there's also the word "alongst"!

I challenge you to find me any modern text where someone uses the word 'alongst', at least the former 2 are still used to an extent :wink:
I challenge you to find me any modern text where someone uses the word 'alongst', at least the former 2 are still used to an extent :wink:

I meant there's the amongst and whilst, and on top of that, besides this one being archaic/obsolete, there's alongst, and I love the word.

The reason I said it so weirdly is because I wrote some of it, then kept adding onto the beginning part of the sentence, instead of formatting the entirety of it.

I wasn't meaning to say or imply that amongst and whilst are obsolete.

edit: I actually used "alongst" by accident, then searched up to see if it was a word. There was one context in which I preferred to use it (while doing chemistry actually.)
(edited 8 years ago)
I meant there's the amongst and whilst, and on top of that, besides this one being archaic/obsolete, there's alongst, and I love the word.

The reason I said it so weirdly is because I wrote some of it, then kept adding onto the beginning part of the sentence, instead of formatting the entire sentence.

I wasn't meaning to say or imply that amongst and whilst are obsolete.

I understood what you meant :smile: I just wanted you to try and actually find me any modern text that still used the word :tongue:
I understood what you meant :smile: I just wanted you to try and actually find me any modern text that still used the word :tongue:

Probably won't, but I'll have a shot.
There is a basis for calling it a mental disorder (although it's plainly still a sexuality) because we are categorically not supposed to be attracted to prepubescent children. You might cite fetish objects as a counter argument but even they have some association with a (sexually mature) person, nobody fetishises literally a disembodied pair of high heels say.

Sexuality is not just gay and straight, when you have say a scat fetish it scarcely seems to matter whether it's a guy or girl's poo. Some sexualities thus have no relationship to the gender binary. Paedophilia would appear to be one of these for many child molesters.
Probably won't, but I'll have a shot.

Thanks cutie x
Original post by scrotgrot
There is a basis for calling it a mental disorder (although it's plainly still a sexuality) because we are categorically not supposed to be attracted to prepubescent children. You might cite fetish objects as a counter argument but even they have some association with a (sexually mature) person, nobody fetishises literally a disembodied pair of high heels say.

Sexuality is not just gay and straight, when you have say a scat fetish it scarcely seems to matter whether it's a guy or girl's poo. Some sexualities thus have no relationship to the gender binary. Paedophilia would appear to be one of these for many child molesters.

Perhaps I am too into my fetishes, unhealthily so, but absolutely there is gender preference within fetishism (some people will only be aroused by ladies' underwear, ladies' feet, and ladies' poo) and also gender-neutral fetishism (e.g.objectophilia).
Thanks cutie x

http://www.visitnorway.com/uk/product/?pid=184936
In the title "Luggage transport for pilgrims along St.Olav Ways" :mmm:

And here, in this mailing list.
Ok, there's practically none. :tongue: Can I use my chemistry notes as a modern text then?

Spoiler

http://www.visitnorway.com/uk/product/?pid=184936
In the title "Luggage transport for pilgrims along St.Olav Ways" :mmm:

And here, in this mailing list.
Ok, there's practically none. :tongue: Can I use my chemistry notes as a modern text then?

Bold - Nice try.

Your chem notes don't count either :wink:
Bold - Nice try.

Your chem notes don't count either :wink:

:frown: :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending