The Student Room Group

Can I go into the police office to get form or must they send it in post to me

Right, I received a letter from police regarding an alleged speeding offence stating I drove 47 mph in a 40 mph zone on 14/10/2015 and I received letter on 24/10/2015 and I posted the letter to them 1st class on 28/10/2015 but I made a mistake, I only asked for a receipt at post office instead of recorded delivery.

the deadline is 4 weeks from date I received the letter to them to have it successfully back. if it get's their on time I may just be offered a speed awareness course, if not and it's lost or late I may have to pay £1,000 fine and have 6 points on my license inc going to court

It's been 5 days since posting letter and when I login the website there is no tick symbol next to document received so I don't think they have my document yet.
It may be with them or it may have gotten lost in the post somewhere, so I'm thinking it may be worth getting another form and this time do recorded delivery just to be on the safe side, and no harm done if they receive both forms

The address to where it needs to go is only a few miles from where I live, about 44 miles.
Do you think it will be possible if I just went to the police office processing unit or whatever it is and picked up a form in person or will they insist that they must send it to me ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by I love life
Right, I received a letter from police regarding an alleged speeding offence stating I drove 47 mph in a 40 mph zone on 14/10/2015 and I received letter on 24/10/2015 and I posted the letter to them on 28/10/2015 but I made a mistake, I only asked for a receipt at post office instead of recorded delivery.

the deadline is 4 weeks from date I received the letter to them to have it successfully back. if it get's their on time I may just be offered a speed awareness course, if not and it's lost or late I may have to pay £1,000 fine and have 6 points on my license inc going to court

It's been 5 days since posting letter and when I login the website there is no tick symbol next to document received so I don't think they have my document yet.

The address to where it needs to go is only a few miles from where I live, about 44 miles.
Do you think it will be possible if I just went to the police office processing unit or whatever it is and picked up a form in person or will they insist that they must send it to me ?

Try phoning them up.
Reply 2
Original post by Xenon17
Try phoning them up.

I emailed this morning but got an automated reply that they are busy and have many backlogs but will reply soon, but I need to know now, they have a contact number for urgent inquiries so I will ring that tomorrow.

the alleged offence was 14/10/15 and I received the letter from them on 24/10/2015 , they say if the letter is not returned successfully within 4 weeks that you could risk a £1000 fine, have to go to court and get 6 points on your license.
Alternatively I may get away with just a speed awareness course at a cost of around £70 -£80 if the letter get's their without delay, which would mean no court and no points

Argghhhhh, I get so anxious, I'll be very anxious to go in in person to pick up form but am willing to do it for peace of mind.
sometimes I wish I wasn't human, animals seem to have life so easy and aren't controlled by the government

please, do you think if If I say to them on the phone that I would be happy to travel to them to get a form myself do you think they would agree to that ?
I emailed this morning but got an automated reply that they are busy and have many backlogs but will reply soon, but I need to know now, they have a contact number for urgent inquiries so I will ring that tomorrow.

the alleged offence was 14/10/15 and I received the letter from them on 24/10/2015 , they say if the letter is not returned successfully within 4 weeks that you could risk a £1000 fine, have to go to court and get 6 points on your license.
Alternatively I may get away with just a speed awareness course at a cost of around £70 -£80 if the letter get's their without delay, which would mean no court and no points

Argghhhhh, I get so anxious, I'll be very anxious to go in in person to pick up form but am willing to do it for peace of mind.
sometimes I wish I wasn't human, animals seem to have life so easy and aren't controlled by the government

please, do you think if If I say to them on the phone that I would be happy to travel to them to get a form myself do you think they would agree to that ?

yes if not ask to speak to someone senior etc...
Reply 4
Original post by Xenon17
yes if not ask to speak to someone senior etc...

thank you, they may offer to send out another form but I'd be scared that that will go missing as well but I'll just see what they say tomorrow and take it from there.

I was going to ring them up first thing in the morning but I rang an African pastor who is based/living in London who has his own T.V God Channel and prayed with him, he says leave it until around 3 pm and then ring the people at the processing unit.

So If I ring at 3 pm and decide to go down there myself for a form, if it is allowed, I probably won't get their until 5 pm or maybe not even until Wednesday but I hope and pray that when I ring tomorrow that they will say they have my form.

Do you ever feel that your life isn't really your own, that you belong to the government, because I do, quite often feel like that as if I'm part of heir property or under their ownership
#criminalproblems
Reply 6
Original post by simbasdragon
#criminalproblems

what is a criminal problem please ?

I wouldn't exactly say I was a criminal for exceeding the speed limit at 7 mph by accident
what is a criminal problem please ?

I wouldn't exactly say I was a criminal for exceeding the speed limit at 7 mph by accident

First speeding, next you take meth, then you kill someone. It's a slippery slope.
Reply 8
First speeding, next you take meth, then you kill someone. It's a slippery slope.

I was over the speed limit by 7 mph, hardly the crime of the century is it.

I have never taken meth and never will, nor have I or will I kill anybody
I was over the speed limit by 7 mph, hardly the crime of the century is it.

I have never taken meth and never will, nor have I or will I kill anybody

I was only joking, don't worry.
I was only joking, don't worry.

Good, I can't tell with some people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending