The Student Room Group

Do I include or omit my UMS in my UCAS?

My grades, without context, are good, but my UMS averages are bad. One of the courses that I am applying to (UCL Mathematics) requires UMS to be sent through otherwise there will be "delay to making a decision", but I'm worried that putting my UMS on my UCAS form for all of my other choices to see could prove detrimental.

I've seen on the applicants thread that those who don't include UMS are asked to submit it after about a fortnight, and then accepted or rejected afterwards so I don't think there's too much worry if I don't.

Question is, would it be best if I included or omitted my UMS on UCAS given the aforementioned conditions? Could do with an opinion.
Original post by Asurat
My grades, without context, are good, but my UMS averages are bad. One of the courses that I am applying to (UCL Mathematics) requires UMS to be sent through otherwise there will be "delay to making a decision", but I'm worried that putting my UMS on my UCAS form for all of my other choices to see could prove detrimental.

I've seen on the applicants thread that those who don't include UMS are asked to submit it after about a fortnight, and then accepted or rejected afterwards so I don't think there's too much worry if I don't.

Question is, would it be best if I included or omitted my UMS on UCAS given the aforementioned conditions? Could do with an opinion.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633
It's up to you, but it's all of them or none of them. Read the first post in the thread above.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633
It's up to you, but it's all of them or none of them. Read the first post in the thread above.

I've included all of my module grades regardless and will do so, but I put UMS in "other", does that make a difference?
Original post by Asurat
I've included all of my module grades regardless and will do so, but I put UMS in "other", does that make a difference?

I would have your UMS mentioned in your reference if they are good and leave them out yourself, putting the overall modular grades in on the rest of the form. Most universities don't require them and you say they aren't very good, so there's no reason to. If they do want them for any reason, they will ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I would have your UMS mentioned in your reference if they are good and leave them out yourself, putting the overall modular grades in on the rest of the form. Most universities don't require them and you say they aren't very good, so there's no reason to. If they do want them for any reason, they will ask.

That considered, I'll just omit them. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending