The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Biology B (2015)

I've been going through the forums trying to find any threads relevant to Edexcel A Level Biology B (2015). It's the new specification. Most of the biology threads, however, are either AQA or relevant to the old specifications.

On that note, I thought; "hey, why not start a thread of my own, where those studying the course (or have any tips/suitable knowledge) can drop anything useful?"

I'm pretty sure it'll be helpful to those in a similar predicament as me.

I'm thinking maybe exam questions, notes, revision videos, study tips, suggestions of books to use for reference. And maybe, in general, tips to help students studying this course.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing the same course as you. unfortunately there are limited resources and books because they are still being published. we have to use the BIG book with lots of necessary content until the good ones come out like CGP or something like that.
BTW what other A levels are you doing?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anwar.E
I'm doing the same course as you. unfortunately there are limited resources and books because they are still being published. we have to use the BIG book with lots of necessary content until the good ones come out like CGP or something like that.
BTW what other A levels are you doing?

Actually, the revision guides from Pearson are available to buy. And I am pretty sure the CGP guides are available to buy now (or are up for preorder). I'm pretty sure that some older resources could be useful, it's just a matter of finding and sorting.

I'm doing Chemistry and Psychology as well. What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by AKousar
Actually, the revision guides from Pearson are available to buy. And I am pretty sure the CGP guides are available to buy now (or are up for preorder). I'm pretty sure that some older resources could be useful, it's just a matter of finding and sorting.

I'm doing Chemistry and Psychology as well. What about you?

I guess the best way of revising now is to look at the specification and handpick all the relevant information you need from the textbook. I'm not exactly sure about the book you mentioned but it will be helpful if you put a link :smile:
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Theology.
Hi
I'm also doing the same course. Exam is very soon :s-smilie:
But I was wondering, do we have to know the test for sugars, lipids and starch although I know the starch one from gcse
how did everyone find the test today and what were answers
Original post by ALEVELGEEK031098
how did everyone find the test today and what were answers

Nicer than the first one?? haha..

It was ok overall, but that toxin/protein question asking why certain human populations have the mutation threw me off quite a bit.

How did you find it??
Please if someone could help me. I searched online to buy edexcel biology b book and I found it on Amazon. The problem though is that there are two types of books both for Ann Fullick. One is priced $ 27 and in between brackets ( Edexcel GCE science 2015 ) while the other book looks exactly the same but is priced $ 108 and in the description in between brackets is ( Edexcel A level science 2015 )

I would be extremely grateful if someone could clear this confussion and help me understand the differences between the two books
I'm also taking this course and I've just gotten my grade back from the exam in June and it was a D, not sure how high or low yet. Does anyone have any tips for basically starting again revision-wise. I really want a B by the end of it but I'm struggling to get organised with all the content, and now I'm panicking as I have to do AS and A2 simultaneously. Help me please :smile:
Original post by ilovefruit
I'm also taking this course and I've just gotten my grade back from the exam in June and it was a D, not sure how high or low yet. Does anyone have any tips for basically starting again revision-wise. I really want a B by the end of it but I'm struggling to get organised with all the content, and now I'm panicking as I have to do AS and A2 simultaneously. Help me please :smile:

pm me
Original post by trying my best
Please if someone could help me. I searched online to buy edexcel biology b book and I found it on Amazon. The problem though is that there are two types of books both for Ann Fullick. One is priced $ 27 and in between brackets ( Edexcel GCE science 2015 ) while the other book looks exactly the same but is priced $ 108 and in the description in between brackets is ( Edexcel A level science 2015 )

I would be extremely grateful if someone could clear this confussion and help me understand the differences between the two books

firstly go onto the uk amazon website, dollars mess with my head, and yh its definetly the cheaper option book thats right.
Hi, does anyone know where the answers are to the pearson edexcel biology b textbook 1 by ann fullick? Literally spend more time trying to find answers for these things then actually doing the questions :mad:
Original post by Kirstiepenny
Hi, does anyone know where the answers are to the pearson edexcel biology b textbook 1 by ann fullick? Literally spend more time trying to find answers for these things then actually doing the questions :mad:

ikr. i cant find them anywhere aswell. im gonna ask my teacher. but my real concern is the core practicals. we havent done them properly and i barely remember the titles of them i am soooo screwed. do u or does anyone have some resources on the methods of each one and just generally the stuff we can get asked. our paper 3 is mainly core practicals and that is really scaring me
Original post by AnwarArcher
ikr. i cant find them anywhere aswell. im gonna ask my teacher. but my real concern is the core practicals. we havent done them properly and i barely remember the titles of them i am soooo screwed. do u or does anyone have some resources on the methods of each one and just generally the stuff we can get asked. our paper 3 is mainly core practicals and that is really scaring me

Yeah I'm gonna ask my teacher too. I think this link has the core practicals on it http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/demo/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/biology-b-2015.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:biggrin:ocument-Type%2FWorksheet

There are also questions for core pracs in the edexcel student guide which can be printed out. Tbh I'm just hoping everyone does badly in paper 3 and so the grade boundaries will be low
Yeah I'm gonna ask my teacher too. I think this link has the core practicals on it http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/demo/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/biology-b-2015.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:biggrin:ocument-Type%2FWorksheet

There are also questions for core pracs in the edexcel student guide which can be printed out. Tbh I'm just hoping everyone does badly in paper 3 and so the grade boundaries will be low

Thanks those look really useful. what did u get in the as? and what are u predicted?
Thanks those look really useful. what did u get in the as? and what are u predicted?

I didn't do the AS because I knew i wanted to do bio to a2 so there wasn't any point. I'm predicted an a but got a c in my last mock 😔
I didn't do the AS because I knew i wanted to do bio to a2 so there wasn't any point. I'm predicted an a but got a c in my last mock 😔

we done the AS as our "mock" in which i got a c but im predicted a B. where u thinking of applying to and what course?
Original post by Pikachuchu
Hi
I'm also doing the same course. Exam is very soon :s-smilie:
But I was wondering, do we have to know the test for sugars, lipids and starch although I know the starch one from gcse

how is the exam soon, isnt it in may?
Original post by Freshstart123
how is the exam soon, isnt it in may?

they were talking about the AS exam bro
they were talking about the AS exam bro

What As exam i am confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending