The Student Room Group

Is paedophilia a sexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart
:frown: :colonhash:

:colonhash:
---
Oh look i'm back to vengeful imperial overlord etc. after the thread being deleted sent me BACK DOWN to the over level
Original post by Inexorably
Stalking my posts again I see? :wink:

Yes it's a shame, I like the word whilst & 'whom' which is also declining in usage.

More like you stalking my posts, I see.

Whenever I show up in a thread, you pop up 5 minutes later. :h:

Edit: Sorry for spam. :tongue:
Edit #2: I totally forgot that this thread was about paedophilia, having just clicked on this thread whilst in this thread. Also, having just seen your latest reply, that was because I was going back through threads to see Callum's posts, to see if there was anything I had missed, and thought of an apt response to that comment of yours I never made a point on when I came across it.
(edited 8 years ago)
:colonhash:
---
Oh look i'm back to vengeful imperial overlord etc. after the thread being deleted sent me BACK DOWN to the over level

:giggle: I can't help but find that funny.

Which deleted thread? Or what was it about, I should say?
More like you stalking my posts, I see.

Whenever I show up in a thread, you pop up 5 minutes later. :h:

Edit: Sorry for spam. ;p

UM I POSTED THAT AGES AGO IT TOOK YOU QUITE A WHILE TO REPLY

:giggle: I can't help but find that funny.

Which deleted thread? Or what was it about, I should say?

The homo inappropriate one etc
UM I POSTED THAT AGES AGO IT TOOK YOU QUITE A WHILE TO REPLY

The homo inappropriate one etc

Read the 2nd edit of post 42.

Lol, that's deleted? That's a shame. (Haven't really been on that thread today, no notifications there, and mostly just totally forgot that that thread ever happened.)

That was a nice thread. :frown: (@CT :angry:)

I think I'm becoming a bit dependent on smilies (I'm probably addicted to them, and it's almost like I'm forcing them now.) :tongue: Should I stop?

Well I suppose the first step to ridding oneself of an addiction is acknowledging that it's there.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by callum_law
Perhaps I am too into my fetishes, unhealthily so, but absolutely there is gender preference within fetishism (some people will only be aroused by ladies' underwear, ladies' feet, and ladies' poo) and also gender-neutral fetishism (e.g.objectophilia).

Fair enough it's just the gender seems to me kind of secondary to their fetish. Maybe I'm a bit blind to it because I am bisexual
I believe it is a feeling people have unwillingly. Still, those who choose to act on those feelings should be held accountable.

We need to create a treatment programme of some sort. I think a big problem is, due to the (understandable) stigma, people feel isolated and if they feel isolated, they are more likely to act on their feelings. We need to make it so people feel there are places they can go to seek help without being punished.

Once paedophilia has been committed, it can never be taken back. No matter how many years you jail someone for, that child(ren) will always have to deal with that. We need to put more effort into preventing it entirely.
No. It's an illness.
5 years old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending