The Student Room Group

Am I gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
I meant it in context with your comment. I don't mean I legitimately don't care what heterosexuals think.

Excuse me, bud, but you are generalising throughout. Sexuality is so complex and you cannot shove it in a box and label it exactly this or exactly that. Saying he is definitely not straight is rubbish. He definitely is what he identifies as. If he is not attracted to men, he is NOT homosexual.

I am not speculating, I am going purely on the information given. I don't know why he'd lie, it's an online forum for God sake. It is illogical, I agree, but things happen. Plenty of men have sex with women they're not that into because it's sex.

Hmm true maybe I'm treating it too black and white.
You are right, if he's not attracted to men, he is not homosexual.
It could just be an impulsive action I guess.
Only OP will know deep down what he is sexually and as long as he feels comfortable with it, that's all that matters.
Yes i would count that as gay
Don't worry about it, sexuality is more of a spectrum I think, and probably differs from individual to individual. I'd say you're not gay unless you enjoyed what your friend was doing to you, otherwise it's just be messing about. What does your friend think? If you did enjoy it, and see men as attractive in general, alongside women, then you're perhaps bisexual.

Either way, there is no need to label yourself, just do what feels right unless it leads to harm.
I remember the time I used to work in Turkish bathhouses in the thirties as a load-wiper. Watching men wrestle each other to the ground in the saunas, make a grunt or two, then disengage and continue their baths without ever looking the other in the eye again, was truly a fascinating reflection of society's attitudes towards homosexuals in those days. That of course was lost on me, considering my tender age of thirteen, and my sheer workload; in those times there was no such thing HIV, and so no one used condoms - work was very busy.

One day around noon, as I was cleaning up my twelfth set of loads for the day, I caught one of the bathhouses' patrons gazing at me. He was a rather plain looking gentleman in his forties, with a few hints of greying hair, but nonetheless still well built. He beckoned for me to come. Thinking that he needed a towel, I was surprised when he instead asked if I was willing to help him wash his back.

Very soon I found myself engaged in a strange dance with the gentleman, his body writhing as he repeatedly kissed me on my neck as we washed each others backs, chests, arms, bellies and legs. At one point, he even tried to kiss me on the lips, this did not work out as I simply froze at that point and didn't kiss back. At this point, the patrons in the bath room were intently watching us; perhaps too intently if you get what I mean. Entranced by this strange new experience of mine, though I had actually witnessed it before, I allowed the gentleman to lie on top of me as he began to repeatedly rock his body against mine.

Not too long after the rocking began did it stop, as the gentleman stood up and turned towards the sauna walls to relieve himself. As I lay on the bathhouse floor still processing what had happened, I could sense the eyes of the patrons shifting away. My strange experience had suddenly come to an end, and I was back to being the load-wiper boy.

Later that day at the end of my shift, I reported back to the bathhouse reception and was pleasantly surprised to have been given a generous tip from that gentleman.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I remember the time I used to work in Turkish bathhouses in the thirties as a load-wiper. Watching men wrestle each other to the ground in the saunas, make a grunt or two, then disengage and continue their baths without ever looking the other in the eye again, was truly a fascinating reflection of society's attitudes towards homosexuals in those days. That of course was lost on me, considering my tender age of thirteen, and my sheer workload; in those times there was no such thing HIV, and so no one used condoms - work was very busy.

One day around noon, as I was cleaning up my twelfth set of loads for the day, I caught one of the bathhouses' patrons gazing at me. He was a rather plain looking gentleman in his forties, with a few hints of greying hair, but nonetheless still well built. He beckoned for me to come. Thinking that he needed a towel, I was surprised when he instead asked if I was willing to help him wash his back.

Very soon I found myself engaged in a strange dance with the gentleman, his body writhing as he repeatedly kissed me on my neck as we washed each others backs, chests, arms, bellies and legs. At one point, he even tried to kiss me on the lips, this did not work out as I simply froze at that point and didn't kiss back. At this point, the patrons in the bath room were intently watching us; perhaps too intently if you get what I mean. Entranced by this strange new experience of mine, though I had actually witnessed it before, I allowed the gentleman to lie on top of me as he began to repeatedly rock his body against mine.

Not too long after the rocking began did it stop, as the gentleman stood up and turned towards the sauna walls to relieve himself. As I lay on the bathhouse floor still processing what had happened, I could sense the eyes of the patrons shifting away. My strange experience had suddenly come to an end, and I was back to being the load-wiper boy.

Later that day at the end of my shift, I reported back to the bathhouse reception and was pleasantly surprised to have been given a generous tip from that gentleman.

Spoiler

Original post by Caliberrr

Spoiler

One should always take a stand and stick to it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by loveleest
You seriously don't think what he did was gay?:s-smilie:

K.C knows it best :sexface:
you could be going through an exploration of your sexuality, just focus on who your attracted to. if men = gay. if women = heterosexual. if other = weird hippie.
Original post by JeremyOU
you could be going through an exploration of your sexuality, just focus on who your attracted to. if men = gay. if women = heterosexual. if other = weird hippie.

Curious, are you one of those who believes bisexuality doesn't exist? (Asking as you have foregone mentioning them, and bisexuality is one of the major 3, so to speak.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by DanielleT192
I don't understand. Why did you have a shower and let him kiss your neck and let him grind you if you're not attracted to guys?

Sounds misleading and sounds likd your friend likes you romantically, especially as he's tried to kiss you on the lips.

If you enjoy it, stop denying it; otherwise stop leading this guy on.

He knows I'm not gay. I don't enjoy it. I just let him do those things to keep the friendship going. I don't want him to get mad at me if I rejected his advances.
Original post by ivybridge
I have met quite a few and know it happens from others. You can hardly speak on behalf of most when you have not met enough people to quantify "most".

I will have met more people than you, and looking at your profile, you will have certainly met a select group rather than a nice, balanced spectrum of people.
Original post by mcpon14
He knows I'm not gay. I don't enjoy it. I just let him do those things to keep the friendship going. I don't want him to get mad at me if I rejected his advances.

I think if you say no homo to him your friendship will still carry on. Are you too shy to say that? I think your friend is sort of taking advantage of your being shy or showing no rejection.
100% battyman
Original post by Bupdeeboowah

And you dont know up till now you were raped?? pedophile raped!
It is perfectly normal for straight people to explore. No different from playing gay chicken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XcitingStuart
Curious, are you one of those who believes bisexuality doesn't exist? (Asking as you have foregone mentioning them, and bisexuality is one of the major 3, so to speak.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

actually I include bisexual in the hippie bracket.
Original post by Jimbo1234
I will have met more people than you, and looking at your profile, you will have certainly met a select group rather than a nice, balanced spectrum of people.

How did you draw that conclusion? :lol:!
Original post by mcpon14

Sorry but why would you do something that you don't enjoy, to keep a friendship going? If you're having to do sexual things to keep a friendship going, then frankly it may not be as strong a friendship as you think.

Have you tried saying no? I'm just concerned the more you continue down this passive way, that your friend is going to get the wrong impression and you will feel lost and confused.
Reply 98
Original post by JeremyOU

So bisexuals, asexuals and pansexuals don't exist then? Thanks. So invalidating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just say , it was "just a prank".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending