The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough to do medicine at UCL?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whydoidothis?
I would say no, you should look at unis like ST.Georges.
Also, UCL want you to take bio and chem for a level which are now 2 year courses.
GCSEs play a bigger role now.
You should apply when the time comes but might not get any offers.

I would probably have taken chemistry and biology through to A2 regardless of the new reforms 😄
Original post by bbyturtlexox
"Remember GCSES are not that big (apart from Unis perhaps Oxbridge and imperial) and hardly looked upon if AS/A2 grades are available."
this comment led me to believe that your knowledge on med applications is extremely limited. that's why i told you to stop giving advice when you are in no position to.

Observation is your weakness my friend.Let me break things down for you,notice how the word "that" was used in a quantified manner I did not say GCSES are not important I stated GCSEs are not "that" important implying that GCSES is not the end and surely will not be the end and that there is still a chance even if the results are not exactly A1 this was then followed by the conjunction "if" Alevels are available. (of which you similarily stated in your post)
Original post by TianaEsther
Don't worry I appreciate your advice.😊

Aw thanks lol it's not even about that I know I'm no expert but there is no need for any rudeness.The entry requirements are there to tell you the requirements needed to study that particular course,if that is false It would not have been posted up on the website.
Original post by bbyturtlexox
and to further emphasise your point, hydeman, only 700 are interviewed and 500 are made offers. so getting an interview is such a big deal that the odds of getting an offer, if you recieve an interview, are in your favour!

This makes me very sad as somebody who hasn't heard anything but a confirmation from UCL. :frown:
Original post by Hydeman
This makes me very sad as somebody who hasn't heard anything but a confirmation from UCL. :frown:

You'll get that interview! :biggrin:

#Believe
Original post by Real_jenn
Aw thanks lol it's not even about that I know I'm no expert but there is no need for any rudeness.The entry requirements are there to tell you the requirements needed to study that particular course,if that is false It would not have been posted up on the website.

I completely agree. The entry requirements are there for guidance and to help people. I think what the other person was trying to say is that even though these are the entry requirements they can be a bit misleading because Cambridge accept C's although it's probably extremely rare to find anyone with majority of C's at Cambridge 😅
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman

Don't worry! My brother is still waiting on his replies from Uni's. (If it makes you feel any better I've heard a lot of people saying that UCL do enjoy taking their time when it comes to sending out replies 😊)
Original post by Hydeman

i didn't recieve my interview invite until january so don't expect to hear back before christmas (although you might do) just chill out, you'll be fine
Original post by TianaEsther
Ahh okay, I heard that psychology is also very competitive so that's also reassuring 😅 how are you enjoying your time there?

I just graduated. Awesome time, awesome location!
Original post by Noodlzzz
I just graduated. Awesome time, awesome location!

Congratulations!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending