The Student Room Group

Do girls think it is gay for a guy to wear coloured contact lenses?

Do girls think it is gay for a guy to wear coloured contact lenses? I actually wear them to impress women, and also because they look cool in certain colours. I also need them for better vision.
???????? It's gay if you're gay, if you're not then obviously not. wearing contact lenses doesn't change ur sexuality

if it did then i'd wear them so often
I personally don't think so.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Do girls think it is gay for a guy to wear coloured contact lenses? I actually wear them to impress women, and also because they look cool in certain colours. I also need them for better vision.

Please don't use gay in a negative way. A better title would be do girls think it is unattractive for a guy to wear coloured contact lenses?

It really is deeply offensive to the MOGII community.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No?
Original post by Katty3
Please don't use gay in a negative way. A better title would be do girls think it is unattractive for a guy to wear coloured contact lenses?

It really is deeply offensive to the MOGII community.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think he intended it that way, I think he genuinely thought that coloured contact lenses were somehow associated with homosexuality.
Reply 6
Original post by James Milibanter
I don't think he intended it that way, I think he genuinely thought that coloured contact lenses were somehow associated with homosexuality.

Even so it is offensive and I suggested a perfectly good alternative title. Not intending to offend someone is no excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
The irony is I am a straight guy who just wanted to look better, and perhaps attract good looking women. Some women seemed to love the coloured lenses, others said they looked gay?
Reply 8
What colours are you wearing OP?
Reply 9
Platinum grey
Original post by Katty3
Even so it is offensive and I suggested a perfectly good alternative title. Not intending to offend someone is no excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not that offensive considering he didn't know any better, if it were malicious or he was genuinely using "gay" as a negative then it would be a difference case. When it comes to ignorance (no offence anon) I find that the best way to deal with it is educate, like you did in fairness, I just didn't find it offensive (usually when I read a thread title starting with "is it gay" i expect the worst, so this was pleasantly surprising) .
Original post by Anonymous
The irony is I am a straight guy who just wanted to look better, and perhaps attract good looking women. Some women seemed to love the coloured lenses, others said they looked gay?

I haven't any guy ever, gay or otherwise, that wore coloured contact lenses on any other day than halloween. What's wrong with you actual eyes?
The good looking women love dem red colour lenses, makes dem go weak at the knees seein a potential sharingan m8.
Any thoughts from the ladies here? Not interested in guys views, sorry.
Reply 14
Wearing lenses for the colour is absolutely ridiculous. Not a lady but this is pretty universal I'd say.

(You know it as well considering you made this thread)
It is a bit gay yes but that doesn't mean girls won't find it attractive especially if you're a kind of alternativey teenager
it may come across so if you wear hot pink contacts?

But other than that why would anyone assume your're gay just from your contacts?

Jheez some guys go OTT with their thought processes these days. Just be a man be confident about your manliness lol
I never realised that wearing coloured contacts could make you more appealing to the LGBT community than to the heterosexual lot. But either way... why don't you just rock your natural eye colour? I'd probably find that more attractive. I'm sure you've got a lovely eye colour.

I sometimes wish my eyes were a more striking colour but coloured contacts is kind of a turn-off for me. It feels deceptive and a little trashy (if you're Asian). No offence. I can't help it. It makes me think of those Asian girls who bleach their skin, dye their hair blonde, and wear light-coloured contacts to appear more... white. If they naturally happen to have all those things, then of course I don't feel this way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending