The Student Room Group

Dinner tonight - what did you have/what are you having?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by godivaontherocks
That sounds insanely good, like something I'd ask for my last meal. I'd probably have twice-baked/loaded potatoes with it.

Yeah really good. A bit sick of steak if honest as he always gives it me, but can't complain! Never ever have it at restaurants for that reason.
I would have this fillet steak my dad cooks with blue Stilton and king prawns on the top (steak louie or something). Honestly nicest thing I have eaten.
Sounds like something straight out of Game of Thrones. :biggrin:

GOT.jpg
Original post by hellodave5
Yeah really good. A bit sick of steak if honest as he always gives it me, but can't complain! Never ever have it at restaurants for that reason.
I would have this fillet steak my dad cooks with blue Stilton and king prawns on the top (steak louie or something). Honestly nicest thing I have eaten.

Wow that sounds so gourmet. I'm not even usually a fan of blue cheese but I'm sure I'd dig that. I love king prawns too. My parents are Mauritian so I'm used to eating a lot of seafood. Tropical island and all that. Anything with seafood is my cup of tea.

I can't believe you're sick of eating steak though! Swap lives with me? :tongue:
Original post by Ahmed766
GOT.jpg

Wish I could rep but fresh out of em'. REP!:biggrin:
I had some chicken satay skewers and Singaporean fried rice. Omnomnom. :colone:
Wish I could rep but fresh out of em'. REP!:biggrin:

save it for later :wink: btw I was joking about the blood :colone:
I had some BBQ marinated chicken breasts with rice, broccoli and mixed veg. Bro-meal/10
Wow that sounds so gourmet. I'm not even usually a fan of blue cheese but I'm sure I'd dig that. I love king prawns too. My parents are Mauritian so I'm used to eating a lot of seafood. Tropical island and all that. Anything with seafood is my cup of tea.

I can't believe you're sick of eating steak though! Swap lives with me? :tongue:

Hahaha. Only if you promise to do this coursework I'm staring at :tongue:
Feel quite hungry now, in spite of my far too well fed day.
Love sea food too. Whats Mauritian food like? :smile:
Reply 28
Pasta bake. Made with tomatoes, peppers, beans, lentils, and a bit of basil.

Grated some cheese on top and had with garlic bread. Delicious.

Took about 15 minutes to prepare.

Posted from TSR Mobile
save it for later :wink: btw I was joking about the blood :colone:

I figured that part was a joke. :tongue: Either that or you drank red wine with dinner. Did you really eat roast duck and veggies?
Hahaha. Only if you promise to do this coursework I'm staring at :tongue:
Feel quite hungry now, in spite of my far too well fed day.
Love sea food too. Whats Mauritian food like? :smile:

Lol I guess I could do that. But you'd have to do my dissertation for me! :wink:
Did I get you stomach going? :tongue: Sorry!
Mauritian food is quite similar to creole cuisine in the US. It's a real mix of influences from Europe, China, India, Africa. Just like the people there. But they've adapted all the recipes to use local 'tropical island' ingredients and they're quite big on frugal eating. So perfect for broke uni students! Most of the recipes I can probably make from store-cupboard ingredients.
I figured that part was a joke. :tongue: Either that or you drank red wine with dinner. Did you really eat roast duck and veggies?

Yeah, it's one of my favourite dishes. I gotta say though I felt a bit bad eating the duck... Don't know why but these vegetarians have started to influence and this isn't a good thing.
Lol I guess I could do that. But you'd have to do my dissertation for me! :wink:
Did I get you stomach going? :tongue: Sorry!
Mauritian food is quite similar to creole cuisine in the US. It's a real mix of influences from Europe, China, India, Africa. Just like the people there. But they've adapted all the recipes to use local 'tropical island' ingredients and they're quite big on frugal eating. So perfect for broke uni students! Most of the recipes I can probably make from store-cupboard ingredients.

Whats your dissertation on? :smile:
Fun essay on phantom limbs for me.
Definitely got my stomach going!
That sounds amazing! I love variation and loads of flavor in food and simplicity, so that sounds ideal!
Yeah, it's one of my favourite dishes. I gotta say though I felt a bit bad eating the duck... Don't know why but these vegetarians have started to influence and this isn't a good thing.

How comes? Did you feel sorry for the duck or just a little grossed out that you were eating an animal? I get that. I sometimes feel that way before I roast a chicken. Something odd and awful about that sorry looking chicken corpse. And I kill them myself so...
How comes? Did you feel sorry for the duck or just a little grossed out that you were eating an animal? I get that. I sometimes feel that way before I roast a chicken. Something odd and awful about that sorry looking chicken corpse. And I kill them myself so...

Just thought of the duck and how it may have been a baby a few months ago.... Baby ducks are really cute and I just felt really bad but I kept eating. :angry: I hate vegetarians, I can never become one myself because I don't eat rice or pasta much at all so it would be really hard..
Whats your dissertation on? :smile:
Fun essay on phantom limbs for me.
Definitely got my stomach going!
That sounds amazing! I love variation and loads of flavor in food and simplicity, so that sounds ideal!

Its about concert life and society in 18th century Europe.
Yeah if you're looking for variation, Mauritian food is definitely the way to go!
Just thought of the duck and how it may have been a baby a few months ago.... Baby ducks are really cute and I just felt really bad but I kept eating. :angry: I hate vegetarians, I can never become one myself because I don't eat rice or pasta much at all so it would be really hard..

I just wouldn't be able to function without meat. All my favourite food either has meat or seafood. But I get what you mean. It's still kinda sad to eat another animal. I feel that way sometimes about eating venison.
I just think of Bambi...:frown:
What was in the stew?

Beef, carrots, potatoes and dumplings :smile:
I just wouldn't be able to function without meat. All my favourite food either has meat or seafood. But I get what you mean. It's still kinda sad to eat another animal. I feel that way sometimes about eating venison.
I just think of Bambi...:frown:

Today I had meatballs, peas, carrots, potatoes and damn. That was good.
Scampi, chips and onion rings

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest