The Student Room Group

How diverse is this forum?

Does it represent current UK demographics? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Kwan
Does it represent current UK demographics? :smile:

There's probably a larger representation of minorities on here than is standard throughout the UK. I do encounter more diversity here than in 'real life' so to speak :tongue:
How are the Poles supposed to cast their vote without a pole?
Reply 3
Original post by Alexion
There's probably a larger representation of minorities on here than is standard throughout the UK. I do encounter more diversity here than in 'real life' so to speak :tongue:

I guess you don't live in London then where ethnic "minorities" are actually
the real majority there.:biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Betelgeuse-
How are the Poles supposed to cast their vote without a pole?

If people from Poland are Poles, why aren't people from Holland Holes?
Reply 5
Polish usually keep to themselves in UK and don't socialize much with other segments of UK society.
Are you worried that most of the posters are English and that the Scottish, Irish, and Welsh are under-represented?

It seems like there are people from outside the UK on the forum, so it may not reflect the UK's demographics that well.
Reply 7
It is a given that a lot of the posters will be English since the English are majority in the UK. I wanted to know
whether there is enough Asians, Arabs, Somalians, Black British etc in here, these groups are in the millions
in the UK.
Original post by Kwan
It is a given that a lot of the posters will be English since the English are majority in the UK. I wanted to know
whether there is enough Asians, Arabs, Somalians, Black British etc in here, these groups are in the millions
in the UK.

Oh, you're talking about the exotic kind of diversity. Well, there do seem to be a lot of Arabs and Asians, but I haven't seen a lot of Blacks or Somalians.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending