The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The shear bigotry in this thread is repugnant. I find that offensive in the same way I would racism.

Equality is all that matters
Original post by muslimstanisyed
It is disgusting and shouldnt be allowed on a forum like this.
Mods can you delete her photo.

Why should someone cover up just because some dislike it?
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
What is it with the homosexual avatars I see these days ? :s

Like your choice of hairstyle......?

Spoiler

Original post by Captain Jack
You think urinating in public, where other adults and children walk is OK?

It's unusual and generally unnecessary but I've no real problem with it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
It is disgusting and shouldnt be allowed on a forum like this.
Mods can you delete her photo.

The mods have already shown their support. Keep walking buddy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"I hate anybody who supports gays"-bigot
"I hate anybody who doesn't support gays"-bigot
Reply 86
Original post by Inexorably
I'm going to make a massive speech again over this, but someone who is biologically homosexual should not have to pander to the beliefs of religious people who CHOOSE their beliefs.

God I can see this kicking off again.

Most religious people didn't choose their beliefs; they have been forced from birth to follow these beliefs.
I think the outburst by some of the progressive members of TSR have achieved nothing but show the OP how bigoted the homosexual community can be.
Shouting at people that have no issues with you living your lifestyle but simply don't want to see it is going to do nothing but push them to further extremes by showing them that even when they try to accept you it's pointless. Ask yourself, if you can't accept the fact not everybody agrees with your lifestyle why on earth should they do you the same courtesy?
Original post by Josb
Most religious people didn't choose their beliefs; they have been forced from birth to follow these beliefs.

I understand the point behind your statement, but you can see what my underlying message.
Original post by Xelfrost
I think the outburst by some of the progressive members of TSR have achieved nothing but show the OP how bigoted the homosexual community can be.
Shouting at people that have no issues with you living your lifestyle but simply don't want to see it is going to do nothing but push them to further extremes by showing them that even when they try to accept you it's pointless. Ask yourself, if you can't accept the fact not everybody agrees with your lifestyle why on earth should they do you the same courtesy?

1) I do love how you equate 'progressive members' with a 'bigoted homosexual community' as if anyone who doesn't have a problem with gay couples kissing must be gay.

2) Do you not see the utter irony here? The position of those totally against seeing same sex couples kiss (and I'm assuming you're part of that group) wants these avatars BANNED. It's essentially a philosophy of "ew I don't like it therefore it should be banned. Please respect my intolerance toward the LGBT+ community because if you don't you're surely a bigot too." And you're saying we're pushing it here? We're not stepping out of bounds, just saying that a same sex couple kissing is not any less inappropriate as an avatar than a straight couple kissing. They're both expressions of love and noone is asking you to be turned on by them. We're just saying you have no right to want them banned and out of sight purely to satisfy your own ignorance.
Original post by Eigo-Jin
"I hate anybody who supports gays"-bigot
"I hate anybody who doesn't support gays"-bigot

I hate gays and their allies - bigot.

I find anyone who doesn't support a community based purely on something harmless that they can't control reprehensible - NOT a bigot.
Original post by Danz123
I hate gays and their allies - bigot.

I find anyone who doesn't support a community based purely on something harmless that they can't control reprehensible - NOT a bigot.

bigot: "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions."
No matter what you believe, if you're intolerant to another opinion, you are bigot. End of.
Intolerant being physically and verbally abusive of another group, not just disagreeing with a differing opinion.
No matter what you believe, if you're intolerant to another opinion, you are bigot. End of.
Intolerant being physically and verbally abusive of another group, not just disagreeing with a differing opinion.

There's a bit more to that definition tbh. Check wikipedia. A bigot is someone who holds UNFAIR or irrational intolerance towards certain groups of people who hold ideas, beliefs, and/or opinions different to their own. One could very well argue it is completely fair to express an intolerance toward homophobia. Besides, noone is being physically abusive here... obviously. However, homophobes are idiots. If you want to call that verbal abuse then so be it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Makes you laugh these same people will moan to the cows come home about "why do you care what people do in the privacy of their own home.
While not keeping it in the privacy of their own home.
Makes you laugh these same people will moan to the cows come home about "why do you care what people do in the privacy of their own home.
While not keeping it in the privacy of their own home.

Yes and the same people who pull the card you have just pulled only do so in the case of same sex issues, how convenient.
(edited 8 years ago)
All I want to do concerning this thread is post in it.

Because the level of stupid is beyond belief and I don't want to waste time dealing with idiots like the OP.

Still, I hope the OP enjoys the distaste caused by my avatar.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Well it is inappropriate to some. It offends some peoples moral or religious beliefs or both. Changing your avatar to display homosexual activity doesn't support anything, nor does it spread positivism, because I for one surely do not want to see two men kissing.

A better way to display your support for homosexuality is to have an avatar that says "I support homosexuality", not show a picture that is distasteful to a large audience.

Keep in my mind that I say all this while I have nothing against people who are gay.

Homosexual activity? They're not bending each other over and screwing, they're sharing a little kiss - are you insane?

A lot of people's moral and religious beliefs offend millions but they are entitled to voice them. We should be entitled to do the same. It's only negative to those who view love in a warped way, such as yourself.

No, they don't support 'homosexuality' they support the right to live and let live. I assure you that when racism was a huge thing many years ago, showing a photo of a white person and a black person kissing would have been absolutely unthinkable and disgusting, to many who claimed their religion supported their views. You would never accept such nonsense today because that's what it is: nonsense.

Furthermore, okay - lets just remove everything slightly controversial to appease hatred and disgust and suppress those who just want to live a normal life. This music video:

[video="youtube;hlVBg7_08n0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0[/video]

and a number of others can be seen as offensive to a section of people who use google and youtube, therefore - remove it. That is essentially your argument. Weak. Just weak. Doesn't have a leg to stand on. What do you do when you see something you do not wish to see? Oh, you move past it. Therefore, do the same and shut up and leave people be.

Keep in mind that what you just said is complete crap; if same-sex interaction makes you feel uncomfortable or whatever then you have a deep-rooted prejudice on the issue, whether you wish to accept that or not. Adios.
Original post by TorpidPhil
All I want to do concerning this thread is post in it.

Because the level of stupid is beyond belief and I don't want to waste time dealing with idiots like the OP.

Still, I hope the OP enjoys the distaste caused by my avatar.

Yes :love:

There's a fundamental difference between having an opinion and having an opinion you know to be harmful to others and still voicing it. If somebody ran around saying we should shoot black people, calling them ******* and so on, I firmly believe you would not be spouting the same crap you are now.
Original post by Danz123
There's a bit more to that definition tbh. Check wikipedia. A bigot is someone who holds UNFAIR or irrational intolerance towards certain groups of people who hold ideas, beliefs, and/or opinions different to their own. One could very well argue it is completely fair to express an intolerance toward homophobia. Besides, noone is being physically abusive here... obviously. However, homophobes are idiots. If you want to call that verbal abuse then so be it.

Totally agree to be fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending