The Student Room Group

taking your scarf off

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Well it is obligatory for a Muslim woman to wear hijab, but if she doesn't know the real purpose of why she's wearing it, then I can see why she would struggle to wear it.

How is it obligatory? Where is the passage in the Qur'an specifically stating that a covering must be placed over the hair?
OP, your friend taking her scarf off is not haraam, if she wants to then that's fine.
Original post by MangoCrazy
Man*

Hahahhaaa okay you bloody faggot.
Do you get it while seeing your sister's hair as well?

Typical Asian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you thinking about incest stuff for?
Original post by robinfr
a friend of mine wants to take her scarf off i'm not going to say why but she does it haram or not.

thanks
actually i'll say why because she feels as if she doesn't feel the importance of the scarf when wearing it so she wants to only wear it when shes praying or if its a holy day or something. :smile:

Listen, this is probably the worst place to get advice. You will get a load of pretentious idiots here who say stupid unreliable things, cause trouble or are pretending to be muslims.
Go on Islamaqa.info and ask there.
Or alternatively type something along lines of "Hijab Islamaqa" into google and you will get many more questions which other people have asked.

Just a quote from one of them on Islamaqa "We must remember that hijab is an obligation that Allaah has enjoined on the Muslim woman, which is proven in the Qur’aan and the saheeh Sunnah, and the ummah is agreed upon it despite the differences in their madhhabs and schools of thought. No madhhab has deviated from this view, and no faqeeh has gone against it, and this is what the practice of the ummah has been throughout the centuries."
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
How is it obligatory? Where is the passage in the Qur'an specifically stating that a covering must be placed over the hair?

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”[al-Ahzaab 33:59] “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment”
Original post by 
"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”[al-Ahzaab 33:59] “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment”

Contradictory quotes as one presumably talks about the niqaab and the other the hijab.

But muslims are not saying the niqab is compulsory and the second quote does not mention anything about covering the hair.
Okayy...? This place keeps on getting stupid day by day.
Contradictory quotes as one presumably talks about the niqaab and the other the hijab.

But muslims are not saying the niqab is compulsory and the second quote does not mention anything about covering the hair.

You speak confidently with evidently such little knowledge about islam.
Read up on it please.
Original post by 
You speak confidently with evidently such little knowledge about islam.
Read up on it please.

Rubbish. You provided the quotes and there is no mention of covering the hair.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by robinfr
a friend of mine wants to take her scarf off i'm not going to say why but she does it haram or not.

thanks
actually i'll say why because she feels as if she doesn't feel the importance of the scarf when wearing it so she wants to only wear it when shes praying or if its a holy day or something. :smile:

that's her own choice... ask a Islamic scholar to go into detail. i doubt u'll fine one on TSR.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Ok I have another question. Does God cultivate the virgins from birth: ie farm females for use as sex objects when they're older OR does he click his fingers and make them appear?

I am happy to answer your questions.It is very important to clarify misunderstandings of the kuffar about Islam.Haha

No God just makes them whenever his servants will desire and the type they desires. but there will be a initial amount of virgins given to you it might be 72 or it might be more. Basically you will have therein whatever you desire.

“So (it will be). And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”[al-Dhukhaan 44:54]“They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes[al-Toor 52:20]

The mufassireen(people who interpret the meaning of The Quran and derive rules from it ) said concerning the phrase “busy in joyful things” (Yaa-Seen 36:55 interpretation of the meaning):

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood and Uncle of prophet mohammad Ibn ‘Abbaas (mayAllaah be pleased with them both), said concerning the verse,“Verily, the dwellers of Paradise, that Day, will be busy in joyful things” [Yaa-Seen 36:55] they said, (it means) they will be busy deflowering virgins. (Ibn Katheer, 3/564)

With regard to children, the scholars differed as to whether children would be born as a result of this intercourse or not. Some said that there would be children if the man wants them, but the pregnancy and birth would take just one hour. Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If the believer wants a child in Paradise, the pregnancy and delivery will take only an hour, then the child will be the age that the man wants.”(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2487; al-Daarimi, no. 2712; Ahmad, no. 11339; Ibn Maajah, no. 4329). And Allaah knows best.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51

It has been mentioned in the Quran.

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”
[al-Noor 24:31]

The 'veils all over Juyoobihinna' refers to a head cover that extends long enough to cover the chest.
Some scholars even argue 'Juyoobihinna' includes the face, and say it's compulsory to wear the face veil.

The general consensus of the four Islamic schools is that it's compulsory to cover the head, but there is still debate whether the face veil is also obligatory.

Another hadith (quite self explanatory)-

Reported by Imam Abu Dawud on the authority of Aisha (R.A.) that said, "Asma', the daughter of ABu Bakr, came to the Prophet (S.A.W.) wearing thin clothes. When the Prophet (S.A.W.) saw that, he looked away and said, "Oh Asma’, if a woman reaches puberty, she should not show anything from her except this and he pointed to his face and his hand."

OP, your friend taking her scarf off is not haraam, if she wants to then that's fine.

I appreciate that sometimes non Muslims have more knowledge than Muslims themselves on Islam, but you are a layman and you are incorrect, no matter how much you try and argue, the four Islamic schools of thought are in agreement that hijab is compulsory.
Original post by HAnwar
It has been mentioned in the Quran.

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”
[al-Noor 24:31]

The 'veils all over Juyoobihinna' refers to a head cover that extends long enough to cover the chest.
Some scholars even argue 'Juyoobihinna' includes the face, and say it's compulsory to wear the face veil.

The general consensus of the four Islamic schools is that it's compulsory to cover the head, but there is still debate whether the face veil is also obligatory.

Another hadith (quite self explanatory)-

Reported by Imam Abu Dawud on the authority of Aisha (R.A.) that said, "Asma', the daughter of ABu Bakr, came to the Prophet (S.A.W.) wearing thin clothes. When the Prophet (S.A.W.) saw that, he looked away and said, "Oh Asma’, if a woman reaches puberty, she should not show anything from her except this and he pointed to his face and his hand."

I appreciate that sometimes non Muslims have more knowledge than Muslims themselves on Islam, but you are a layman and you are incorrect, no matter how much you try and argue, the four Islamic schools of thought are in agreement that hijab is compulsory.

And yet I've typed the word "Juyoobihinna" into google and nowhere can I find it meaning the head. It appears to only refer to bosom, chest, face, neck etc.

Also, it may well be that the Islamic schools say that it's compulsory, that's not what I was arguing against. I was merely stating that there appears to be no verse in either Qur'an or Hadith that specifically and unequivocally demands that hair should be covered.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Duncan2012
Really? So why is it happening in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, Iraq, Maldives, Somalia and the UK... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_conversion#Islam

Uhm I said it's not meant to but sadly it is and that's wrong totally againts what the religion preaches ALSO why are you talking to me?? Like don't talk to me ew don't speak to me unless I address you first
Original post by Romulus Augustus
Men to cover up???. Are you joking

What should we cover. Our penis.

Anyway penis hijab is not a viable solution in my opinion.

Dont laugh its a serious issue. Nowadays it has become so difficult to have donkey sex. I remember the previous centuries, the good old times when no one gave a crap about animals.

Nowadays there are these clowns fighting for animals rights and they talk about how you cannot mistreat animal and you have to stun them before slaughter.lol.

Oh man, I loved this.
Reply 55
Well said because most people think it's a thread where you can ridicule Islam. So the best source for this sort of question would be the Quran which I know is in arabic so you can have it translated to your mother tongue online.

#Islam
Original post by sadly
Uhm I said it's not meant to but sadly it is and that's wrong totally againts what the religion preaches ALSO why are you talking to me?? Like don't talk to me ew don't speak to me unless I address you first

For a religion that claims to be perfect there do seem to be an awful lot of people who interpret it in lots of different ways, each claiming their interpretation is correct. Why should someone listen to Imam X when Imam Y says something else?

Original post by sadly

Tell her that Islam isn't meant to be forced on anybody, it's a religion and essentially a way you chose to lead life/believe in not shoved down your throat.

Tell that to ISIS, the people forced to convert or the countries I mention in my earlier post.

Original post by sadly
Tell her to take it off if that's what she feels, it's completely up to her

Is it? Other posters quote the Quran where it says she doesn't have a choice. Do you see the problem here?

You sound like a stroppy 12-year old. I'll speak to whoever I choose, that's how the whole internet thingy works, especially when you're in the chat forum.
Reply 57
And yet I've typed the word "Juyoobihinna" into google and nowhere can I find it meaning the head. It appears to only refer to bosom, chest, face, neck etc.

Also, it may well be that the Islamic schools say that it's compulsory, that's not what was arguing against. I was merely stating that there appears to be no verse in either Qur'an or Hadith that specifically and unequivocally demands that hair should be covered.

The 'veil' is the English word for 'khimar' which in Arabic means head cover.
Also think about it though, for the scholars who believe the face veil should be worn, why would they say it's ok to show the hair but the face should be covered?

A lot of things in the Quran are not crystal clear and need to be interpreted further, which is why we have a group of scholars called the ulama, who clear up any misconceptions. Yes they may be wrong at times, but when the majority agree then that is usually taken to be the correct interpretation.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Oh man, I loved this.

I am glad someone saw the funny side. why do you like it anyway?
Yes it is haraam but as individuals neither can i or you say anything apart from advise her nothing more than that. If she does not realise the importance of it, I don't see her being a muslim sorry to say. Because if you cannot take part in what your religion is asking to do, and you are just picking and choosing when you want to wear a hijab it is quite pointless. Although it is good that she wears it when she prays or when she is reading the Quraan (holy book).

Quick Reply

Latest