The Student Room Group

Official same love thread (spread love not hate!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Armastan
How is it spreading positivity if you've made a thread deliberately to piss people off who disagree with your views? That's spreading negativity by going out of your way to try and anger others. Ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No actually, we did it to spead positivity. I don't think we really care if people don't agree. Don't bring your concerns on to this thread though, this thread is all about happiness. :smile:
Original post by Odd socks
heterosexual love is literally everywhere, it doesn't need a thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't mean we can't spread positivity about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
It's not a ridiculous attitude if it appeared to be created just to annoy those people. If somebody created a "share heterosexual love" thread, most people here would be all over it with accusations that it is offensive to homosexuals etc. We don't need hypocrisy here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't really created with that message. If you read the thread, I've clarified my point of the overarching message being one of positivity. Getting the bigots pissed off was just harkening back to another thread in which one such member made a thread asking for any avatar of a same-sex couple kissing to be banned. That's going way beyond the parameters of simply disliking something, and many on that thread contributed to a backlash on the OP, in which they said same sex love was just as acceptable as heterosexual love.

Also, EVERYONE would be fine with displays of heterosexual love. Have you seen society at all or any romantic movie ever? Noone has ever said straight love should be kept out of sight, or pictures of straight couples kissing should be banned (like your avatar). So no point even making that comparison really, it doesn't hold. Those who want the same love avatars taken down have only been angered by them, and not by hetero couples kissing. The point in this thread is to show that same love is just as beautiful as hetero love. It isn't inappropriate nor disgusting.
Reply 183
Original post by ivybridge
Legit does not even merit a proper answer, grow up and shut up.

Had a tiff with your boyfriend this morning..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

why does it need positivity? being straight is seen as the ideal, it's always portrayed as a positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A5ko
Had a tiff with your boyfriend this morning..?

I don't have one, lololololol.
Reply 186
I don't have one, lololololol.

Well then, you have a goal.
Original post by A5ko
Well then, you have a goal.

No, just no.
Reply 188

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you're right. As long as you aren't bashing gay couples or saying pictures of them kissing should be banned, do as you will. But know this, a thread celebrating heterosexual love would be just like one about celebrating two people of the same ethnicity getting together. People talk about interracial love and/or gay love because those couples get persecuted far more in our society.
Original post by Danz123
It isn't inappropriate nor disgusting.

I'm not saying it is, however, I understand that some people don't appreciate seeing images of homosexual couples everywhere they go on this forum and it makes them uncomfortable. I was just expressing concern that this thread may have been a deliberate comeback thread to the previous one about specific avatars that got closed. In regards to that, people have the right to disagree and dislike something if that's their opinion. If you're spreading positivity then that's fine, people fall in love with whomever they fall in love with, no matter their gender. I'm used to some people of the LGBT community rubbing thing like this in people's faces and quite viscously attacking people who disagree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
I'm not saying it is, however, I understand that some people don't appreciate seeing images of homosexual couples everywhere they go on this forum and it makes them uncomfortable. I was just expressing concern that this thread may have been a deliberate comeback thread to the previous one about specific avatars that got closed. In regards to that, people have the right to disagree and dislike something if that's their opinion. If you're spreading positivity then that's fine, people fall in love with whomever they fall in love with, no matter their gender. I'm used to some people of the LGBT community rubbing thing like this in people's faces and quite viscously attacking people who disagree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some people may not also appreciate seeing a heterosexual couple kiss, like in your avatar. Do they have the right to try and get your avatar taken down? Also, the bold, do you not understand how much heterosexual love and couples we see on a daily basis? The majority do not get to quash a love that only the minority want or feel. All love is beautiful, and it should be celebrated when it hurts no one and is between consenting adults.

We're also not 'viciously attacking' anyone. Stop mischaracterising what's going on here.
Original post by Danz123
Some people may not also appreciate seeing a heterosexual couple kiss, like in your avatar. Do they have the right to try and get your avatar taken down? Also, the bold, do you not understand how much heterosexual love and couples we see on a daily basis? The majority do not get to quash a love that only the minority want or feel. All love is beautiful, and it should be celebrated when it hurts no one and is between consenting adults.

We're also not 'viciously attacking' anyone. Stop mischaracterising what's going on here.

Legit love you.
Original post by Danz123

I was only saying that I could understand how they may feel uncomfortable. It doesn't bother me, personally, because as long as people are happy and in love - a great thing everyone should be able to experience - then it's fine by me.
I wasn't saying that you guys were attacking anyone. :frown: I meant I have witnessed some people (not on these threads) be rude and cruel to those who don't agree with their opinions on sexuality, that's all. I'm not here to start arguments or debates, I was honestly just expressing concern over the reasoning for this thread. But now that that's cleared up... Continue spreading positivity!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 193
I was only saying that I could understand how they may feel uncomfortable. It doesn't bother me, personally, because as long as people are happy and in love - a great thing everyone should be able to experience - then it's fine by me.
I wasn't saying that you guys were attacking anyone. :frown: I meant I have witnessed some people (not on these threads) be rude and cruel to those who don't agree with their opinions on sexuality, that's all. I'm not here to start arguments or debates, I was honestly just expressing concern over the reasoning for this thread. But now that that's cleared up... Continue spreading positivity!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I can't understand feeling uncomfortable about same sex couples kissing but not hetero couples tbh. If one feels uncomfortable about any and all PDA, I mean I personally don't but at least that's more consistent. However wanting the avatars taken down and banned is going way beyond the parameters really.

Alright, well fair enough. Thanks for the end message there, we will. In fact, if you want, why not join us? Spread even more positivity yo! :smile:
Reply 194
Legit love you.

Thanks man! My powers of positing coherent shiz lol :tongue:
Original post by Danz123
Thanks man! My powers of positing coherent shiz lol :tongue:

No just like, you're one of very few heterosexual men I have spoken to who actually GETS those issues besides my best friend :lol:
Reply 196
No just like, you're one of very few heterosexual men I have spoken to who actually GETS those issues besides my best friend :lol:

Aww, well I feel the love man, ily too. :tongue:

Damn, the avatar discussion thread lives up to its name lol

Original post by Danz123
Aww, well I feel the love man, ily too. :tongue:

Damn, the avatar discussion thread lives up to its name lol

Ilysmmmm :heart:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Ilysmmmm

Spoiler

Us:

Reply 199
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes