The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Legit proved my ****ing point. End of discussion, you're prejudiced.

@iAre Teh Lejend
Okay, no. It shouldn't make you 'sick' to see homosexual couples making out. It's an expression of love. It's the same as a heterosexual couple making out. It's the same as anyone making out...
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No it isn't disgusting and it should be and is allowed. The mods aren't going to delete her photo :biggrin:

No they won't, plus it's my favourite avatar I have had so far !!!!! :h:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
@iAre Teh Lejend
Okay, no. It shouldn't make you 'sick' to see homosexual couples making out. It's an expression of love. It's the same as a heterosexual couple making out. It's the same as anyone making out...

I think people are misinterpreting what I mean by 'sick'. It doesn't mean I'm not happy for them, it just means I can't watch it. It's not something I can suddenly change about myself unfortunately. Hope this makes sense :s-smilie:

EDIT: to be fair, I wouldn't stand and watch a heterosexual couple kiss in public either, though I could if I chose to, without feeling sick. It's just the way I feel.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm just mad that all of the guys kissing in the avatars are hot, and not kissing me instead.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
So wait, you're telling me to change my natural bodily reaction upon seeing homosexual activity ? Wow you're the biggest bigot here. You have no leg to stand on.

Not a bigot at all as, if you're going to argue it's a natural response, no opinion is being approached as intolerable.
Original post by Novascope
I'm just mad that all of the guys kissing in the avatars are hot, and not kissing me instead.

:lol: :hugs:
Not a bigot at all as, if you're going to argue it's a natural response, no opinion is being approached as intolerable.

It's different to respect an opinion, and to tell me to change my natural bodily reaction. You're an angry bigot and you know it.
It's different to respect an opinion, and to tell me to change my natural bodily reaction. You're an angry bigot and you know it.

I know nothing of the kind, "sir". Please don't tell me what I should and shouldn't know and how I should think about myself! That is most unfair, apparently.
I think people are misinterpreting what I mean by 'sick'. It doesn't mean I'm not happy for them, it just means I can't watch it. It's not something I can change about myself unfortunately. Hope this makes sense :s-smilie:

I don't actually think you're a homophobe. I really, really don't. I don't agree with you either but I wouldn't label you as a homophobe. You have conflicting views I get it, but they aren't disgusting views like some posters on this thread. They are personal views, I don't know maybe formed from you religion perhaps? or culture? or maybe it's just a natural reaction (that most of us don't understand).

As long as you aren't calling gay people 'wrong' or 'disgusting' which you never did, I don't class you as homophobic, but that's just me, maybe others won't agree with me and then you have to understand and to some extent respect their opinions on you because they feel attacked themselves. They don't think kissing their husband or their wife should make you feel uneasy.

It's a conflict of opinions, that's all.
Original post by Novascope

That's the most depressing thing of all of this protesting, over the last few days I have seen countless gif's of beautiful men! :frown:
That's the most depressing thing of all of this protesting, over the last few days I have seen countless gif's of beautiful men! :frown:

More for me :devil:
Original post by Danz123
There's a bit more to that definition tbh. Check wikipedia. A bigot is someone who holds UNFAIR or irrational intolerance towards certain groups of people who hold ideas, beliefs, and/or opinions different to their own. One could very well argue it is completely fair to express an intolerance toward homophobia. Besides, noone is being physically abusive here... obviously. However, homophobes are idiots. If you want to call that verbal abuse then so be it.

Something that you find irrational may not be to another. You're entitled to your opinion, everyone is but with bigotry comes bias. No matter what you say, people will hold their belief. There should be reason to be horrible about it. If you disagree, it's fine.
I don't actually think you're a homophobe. I really, really don't. I don't agree with you either but I wouldn't label you as a homophobe. You have conflicting views I get it, but they aren't disgusting views like some posters on this thread. They are personal views, I don't know maybe formed from you religion perhaps? or culture? or maybe it's just a natural reaction (that most of us don't understand).

As long as you aren't calling gay people 'wrong' or 'disgusting' which you never did, I don't class you as homophobic, but that's just me, maybe others won't agree with me and then you have to understand and to some extent respect their opinions on you because they feel attacked themselves. They don't think kissing their husband or their wife should make you feel uneasy.

It's a conflict of opinions, that's all.

Yeah I agree with you entirely on what you intend to support, just not the way you support it. It's not a religious thing, or cultural, it's just a natural reaction. Like I said, I have gay friends, so I would be a bigot if I hated gay people :smile:

It's just stupid and bigotry for people to class me as homophobic because I have a natural reaction to turn away when seeing homosexual activity, these are the same people who say homosexuality is a natural thing too. So in their logic, I'm naturally homophobic ? so It's okay to be homophobic ? They're not only bigots, but also contradicting themselves.

Hope this makes sense, and thank you for sticking up for me, appreciate it.
(edited 8 years ago)
More for me :devil:

Don't be greedy, give me some men! :cry2:
Don't be greedy, give me some men! :cry2:

No!

Yeah I agree with you entirely on what you intend to support, just not the way you support it. It's not a religious thing, or cultural, it's just a natural reaction. Like I said, I have gay friends, so I would be a bigot if I hated gay people :smile:

It's just stupid and bigotry for people to class me as homophobic because I have a natural reaction to turn away when seeing homosexual activity, these are the same people who say homosexuality is a natural thing too. So in their logic, I'm naturally homophobic ? so It's okay to be homophobic ? They're not only bigots, but also contradicting themselves.

Hope this makes sense, and thank you for sticking up for me, appreciate it.

No problem amigo!

I get what you mean, so I understand what you are saying.

Thanks for expressing your views in a mature manner, it's rare! :redface:
No problem amigo!

I get what you mean, so I understand what you are saying.

Thanks for expressing your views in a mature manner, it's rare! :redface:

Thank you, too !
I'm a mature person, debating is something that should be done humanely. If people start attacking each other, it's no longer a debate, it's an argument. :biggrin:
No!

Don't, one of my worst fears in life is I will fall in love with a gay man and well I won't ever have him :cry:

It looks likely, my past (internet crushes) have all been gay such as Tamal from GBBO, ugh that gorgeousness! and Owen jones...gay! :frown: and the most recent one Sam Curry from the apprentice has been featured in the gay times continiously but I am praying on all my grapes he isn't gay! Because that will make me sad :frown:

Look at all this beautifulness, just absolute beautifulness...

My heart melted a bit....:frown:
Original post by Eigo-Jin
Something that you find irrational may not be to another. You're entitled to your opinion, everyone is but with bigotry comes bias. No matter what you say, people will hold their belief. There should be reason to be horrible about it. If you disagree, it's fine.

I'm not saying I can sway the entire world into my line of thinking, I'm saying it's perfectly rational to be intolerant of those who hold racist and homophobic views. There SHOULD be zero tolerance when it comes to that sort of thing. I mean schools talk about such policy all the time. They're intolerant of any such views. Even the law is intolerant of such views for Christ's sake, so when you say people should respect racism and homophobia, you're saying the law, as well as other institutions such as schools and hospitals, are all bigoted in this country. Now, do you really believe that?

Also, if you want to compare problems of bigotry and who's really affected by such intolerance, look at gay bashing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bashing THESE are the people we need to help, as well as other minorities. They're the ones who suffer the most under such intolerance of who they are and their actions. If we're going to talk about bigotry then we need to include context and the history of how the gay community was and still is persecuted.
Original post by theonlymrsholmes
don't, one of my worst fears in life is i will fall in love with a gay man and well i won't ever have him :cry:

It looks likely, my past (internet crushes) have all been gay such as tamal from gbbo, ugh that gorgeousness! And owen jones...gay! :frown: and the most recent one sam curry from the apprentice has been featured in the gay times continiously but i am praying on all my grapes he isn't gay! Because that will make me sad :frown:

look at all this beautifulness, just absolute beautifulness...

my heart melted a bit....:frown:

muwahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending