The Student Room Group

How much do the mock exams count for science?

I'm doing a science mock soon and I was just wondering on whether they will count for anything
Reply 1
I'm wanting to have a more sort of art and creative job so would I need to worry much about these?
It's a mock so it doesn't count for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Mock exams don't count for anything unless you are in a coma or something when the actual exam happens.
Reply 4
Original post by surina16
It's a mock so it doesn't count for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks would it not count for set changes or anything? I have done quite well in my previous assessments and I do perform well in class so I'm not wanting to move down a set
Reply 5
Original post by Andy98
Mock exams don't count for anything unless you are in a coma or something when the actual exam happens.

Ohhh so like if I were ill on the day of my actual exam they would use the mock exam marks?
Original post by dp1828
Okay thanks would it not count for set changes or anything? I have done quite well in my previous assessments and I do perform well in class so I'm not wanting to move down a set

Perhaps if you do badly in mocks sets may be reevaluated so it's best to revise :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by dp1828
Ohhh so like if I were ill on the day of my actual exam they would use the mock exam marks?

Yes, but when we say ill we mean properly ill (death's door).
Reply 8
Original post by dp1828

Depends on the school - but it could affect sets.
Tbh, mock's don't count for anything but they do help you realise where you need to brush up on when exam time comes. It was particularly helpful for me in that sense since I did terrible in my mocks but managed my time considerably well after.

Just try your best in them and revise. Good luck!
Might not be the most important for most schools, but my school, for example, will look at our mock results to tell us if we can take four A-Levels.
Reply 11
Original post by _ariane29
Perhaps if you do badly in mocks sets may be reevaluated so it's best to revise :smile:

Yeah I have done a little bit of revision but I am finding it hard to revise everything! Our mock exams are on biology unit 1, chemistry unit 1 and physics unit 1. There's a lot to revise but I have had other exams recently too so I haven't been able to as much...
Reply 12
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Tbh, mock's don't count for anything but they do help you realise where you need to brush up on when exam time comes. It was particularly helpful for me in that sense since I did terrible in my mocks but managed my time considerably well after.

Just try your best in them and revise. Good luck!

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 13
Nothing.
Original post by dp1828
Yeah I have done a little bit of revision but I am finding it hard to revise everything! Our mock exams are on biology unit 1, chemistry unit 1 and physics unit 1. There's a lot to revise but I have had other exams recently too so I haven't been able to as much...

It's okay as long as you don't completely fail :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by _ariane29
It's okay as long as you don't completely fail :biggrin:

Hahaha hopefully I won't!
Well mocks generally just see if you would be eligible for the higher paper (A*-D grades) or foundation paper. (C-U grades)

Quick Reply

Latest