The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mal Baadshah
Can I ask a question:

so if someone put up an av of a heterosexual couple kissing sensually, will that be ok?

Yes.
Damn this was a fail. I definitely do not want my granddaughters to be arranged with someone this bigoted and immature. Nor presumptuous enough to think this was worth making a thread.

I literally noticed it too when I saw people changed their avs and wondered where it came from. But even someone as obnoxious as me did not make a ****ing thread, dude, DAMN!?

Like I'm actually pissed off at how ignorant this is :facepalm2:
so goddamn done :ahee:

I actually did not make this thread, a mod took my comment from a pre existing thread that was directed at one person who I know well on this forum, and made a thread out of it without my knowledge.
It's sad that I'm receiving hate for it, but o'well, mods will be mods.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
With all due respect, I think you are misunderstanding a lot of what I am saying :tongue:

Homosexuality is not a cause, but supporting homosexuality is a cause, that is the cause I was referring to.

You are right, easiest way to deal with it to switch off the glowing box. But people posting gifs on a debate thread, is immature. If it was a homosexual appreciation thread, so be it, good on them. This thread is not the right place for that though.

By the way is your avatar from an anime ? :tongue:

Wrong. Supporting gay RIGHTS is a cause. Not homosexuality.
Original post by Alexion
Most of what's on the internet is immature :tongue: if you can't deal with it, just switch off that glowing box in front of you.

Anyway, homosexuality shouldn't be considered a 'cause' as if it's some kind of charity case. People posting any other kind of intimate gifs would not be considered to be doing so on behalf of heterosexuality! C'mon.

No, no that's unfair. It was a cause we were fighting about, it was against a certain TSRians beilef. He said 'It's innapropriate to have avatars showing homosexual men kissing' so we put up avatars of homosexual men kissing, in a respose to that we spead positivity about homosexuality all togetehr by making a same love thread etc.

It was a 'cause' technically speaking and initally OP had a problem with our methods of protest, later he expressed views I and others disagree with. But initally it was about what we were doing.
I stated I'm not homophobic to avoid people assuming I am. I did not explain how I am not homophobic in the OP because it is irrelevant to the thread. Don't make false accusations based on assumptions.

If I saw a sudden rise in avatars displaying a man and a woman kissing, I would make the same thread.

Yes, maybe you would but I highly doubt it would come from the same angle.
Original post by ivybridge
I answered this ****ing obnoxious and ludicrous claim before and you did not respond for you have no answer. Bigotry is marked by an intolerance of someone and their views due to their views alone. I am NOT intolerant of people's views and I am intolerant of you and your bull**** response about finding solely MALE same sex interaction sickening, because you are not presenting a view on it other than your response is natural. If it is "natural" as you claim, then I cannot be bigoted towards it as it is not an opinion.

I am so tolerant of others beliefs. I go to one of the most international sixth form colleges in the United Kingdom with over 85% of students being foreign, and I have classes with seriously anti-gay Russians, Armenians, Ukrainians and so on and so forth. If I was as bigoted and intolerant as you claim, I probably wouldn't have a head on my shoulders any more. My parents are incredibly anti-gay. The same applies to them. I am respectful of people's views but you're completely insulting my intelligence by trying to assume having an aversion to ONLY male same sex interaction is not a result of some kind of prejudice. I do no think that intrinsically makes you homophobic, no, but it makes you something other than what you are claiming to be. It's all bull****.

Furthermore, I understand the impact harmful views have on LGBT people, something you would not understand because you have never had to experience it yet you still think you are in a position to comment on the issue better than someone who has. False.

This is how I feel. ^

I get what you are saying but what I can't understand and what I don't agree with is that you only find only gay male interaction sickining. That is wrong, in a sense you are also sexualising lesbians as well because I assume you find it 'hot'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes.

erm are you a mod?...
erm are you a mod?...

No.
this whole thread is completely unnecessary :rofl: Not even I would say **** like this.
Original post by Eigo-Jin
You don't have to respect anyone's opinion but similarly, don't be insulted when someone disrespects yours. Also, I wouldn't rely on the state's judgement on what is "right" and "wrong". 100 years ago, the state was saying it was a-ok to kill a black person for being black. The government is led by different people who have different opinions, whose opinion is influence by societal norms.

What is just? What is unjust? It constantly changes along with the social norms. I also don't believe there's a clear cut between the two.

I don't care if people disrespect my opinion.

Ah good, you've mentioned laws from the past which were unjust to somehow make a point about the state being crappy on morality. The problem with that is the glaring notion that we have PROGRESSED through the years and are now much more for equality and acceptance than we used to be, at least under the eyes of the law. So things have gotten better, not worse.

You've really gone for the philosophical stance on all of this being relative and nothing being concrete. While I appreciate that move (having graduated with a philosophy degree) it seems you're just asking questions with no substance and not providing your own opinion. When you have, you've said that you do not respect racism and homophobia. I said persecution of those communities is unjust. That statement is a logical extension of finding homophobia and racism deplorable, which means you should agree with me if you have no time for discrimination. However, it seems with the regards to the point in bold, that you don't seem so sure. Indeed, you've contradicted yourself because you were surely against racism and homophobia, and now me labeling it as unjust has got you to question what justice is, instead of agreeing with me and thus reinforcing your previous position.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
This is how I feel. ^

I get what you are saying but what I can't understand I don't agree that you find only gay male interaction sickining. That is wrong, in a sense you also sexualising lesbians as well because I assume you find it 'hot'.

This is essentially it.
I actually did not make this thread, a mod took my comment from a pre existing thread that was directed at one person who I know well on this forum, and made a thread out of it without my knowledge.
It's sad that I'm receiving hate for it, but o'well, mods will be mods.

Are you trying to confuse me?
With all due respect, I think you are misunderstanding a lot of what I am saying :tongue:Homosexuality is not a cause, but supporting homosexuality is a cause, that is the cause I was referring to.You are right, easiest way to deal with it to switch off the glowing box. But people posting gifs on a debate thread, is immature. If it was a homosexual appreciation thread, so be it, good on them. This thread is not the right place for that though.

No, no that's unfair. It was a cause we were fighting about, it was against a certain TSRians beilef. He said 'It's innapropriate to have avatars showing homosexual men kissing' so we put up avatars of homosexual men kissing, in a respose to that we spead positivity about homosexuality all togetehr by making a same love thread etc.

It was a 'cause' technically speaking and initally OP had a problem with our methods of protest, later he expressed views I and others disagree with. But initally it was about what we were doing.

OK yeah, I admit I was in the wrong :redface: I'm just in a strange mood right now :blushing:

Plus the several threads in which this is being debated are confusing me as to exactly who's voicing which opinions...

By the way is your avatar from an anime ? :tongue:

Yah, SAO :3
You took that completely out of context. I mean that they are insignificant, as I stated, to the POINT you are making, not insignificant in general. And they are not a 'minority' in the same way groups are on the basis of race and or sexual orientation.

If you're going to start de-contextualising everything I say for your own ends, then don't bother trying to speak to me about this issue.

What do you mean they are insignificant to the point I was making? They was, which is why I said it. The point I was getting at was people will get offended at preference. It doesn't matter whether it's a colour of sexual orientation.

A minority is a minority. Definition reads: "a category of people differentiated from social majority" You can be a minority in anything not just race and sexuality. It can anything from political beliefs to religion to what team you support in football.
This is essentially it.

That post was written is a moment of anger, my S.P.A.G is a mess, excuse that :redface:

It is, if he found ALL homosexual activity uncomfortable, I get his point (again, not that I agree with it) but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Are you trying to confuse me?

No honestly, I did not make the thread. My comment was taken from another thread and made in to a thread of its own by a MOD, causing this to blow up in to a crisis.
That post was written is a moment of anger, my S.P.A.G is a mess, excuse that :redface:

It is, if he found ALL homosexual activity uncomfortable, I get his point (again, not that I agree with it) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I totally agree with you. My old best friend found SEXUAL ACTIVITY so uncomfortable and that's fine? Like, what the hell, who am I to tell you how to feel but it's just *******s when you're like, "Oh yeah sexual activity... ew... oh wait, only when it's this group of people tbh." Lol, shut up.
No honestly, I did not make the thread. My comment was taken from another thread and made in to a thread of its own by a MOD, causing this to blow up in to a crisis.

Sounds illegal lol as well as highly unlikely. Can you not?
I stated I'm not homophobic to avoid people assuming I am. I did not explain how I am not homophobic in the OP because it is irrelevant to the thread. Don't make false accusations based on assumptions.

If I saw a sudden rise in avatars displaying a man and a woman kissing, I would make the same thread.

I'm not implying that you are homophobic, but stating that you aren't immediately makes me question your statement, and assume that it is. Same goes for the 'I'm not racist but...' phrase. Best to simply leave it out - people will make assumptions anyway.

That's fair, I suppose. But we're discussing kissing here; it's hardly explicit. Those who find the act of kissing offensive or distasteful remind me of schoolchildren complaining about cooties.
Sounds illegal lol as well as highly unlikely. Can you not?

I am not lying to you, ask TheOnlyMrsHolmes. This thread was created out of a comment I made on a relationship thread after I saw her avatar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending