The Student Room Group

Does anyone here like winter?

Scroll to see replies

Hate winter, hate snow, hate Christmas, hate the fact that my birthday is in winter.
Original post by godivaontherocks
Not the British winters, no. I like that season if I'm spending it abroad though. I'm going to Norway for Christmas with my boyfriend who has family there. It's meant to be beautiful in the winter, albeit very cold.

My birthday is also in December. December 22nd. That's another reason to hate the winter. To me, it's always the most depressing day of the year.

The hot chocolate part you mentioned sound nice though. I love how you painted that! :smile: I love any excuse to drink hot choc.

I'll extend that to hot chocolate beside a roaring fire with snow swirling in a blizzard outside giving perfect conditions (for skiing) the next day.
I love winter in the sense that I can snuggle up in bed with a blanket, cuppa tea and hot water bottle while doing a movie marathon. It's a great feeling just because it's so cold and gloomy outside :biggrin:
I don't really enjoy the weather in winter but I love Christmas/New Year celebrations :h:
It is my favourite season by a large margin.
Reply 65
I love it :smile:

It makes me feel cosy (also the best time for cuddles :biggrin:), and I love the Christmas/Fireworks/Halloween holidays/festive side of it.
I love sleeping to the sound of rain or a stork outside :smile:
Running in the rain also feels much better than running in the hot dry weather.. But then again it's the UK so not everyday of summer will be hot/dry.
Last but not least I like the celebrations in the winter although I don't celebrate them but it's nice to see people cheery and looking forward to something :lol:
Love it but a little too long. Would be great if it could end mid January
Original post by jonathanemptage
I love it the ski season has started if it's really cold out side and blowing up a storm you can feel really cosy inside with your hot chocolate or what have you also my birthday and Christmas are in December which is nice how about you?

I get really caught up over Christmas music, even when it's not Christmas.

'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day'.
Autumn is nice, but Winter is **** imo
love love love winter

I associate it with beautiful times
Reply 71
Original post by jonathanemptage
I love it the ski season has started if it's really cold out side and blowing up a storm you can feel really cosy inside with your hot chocolate or what have you also my birthday and Christmas are in December which is nice how about you?

Maybe if I lived in Canada with mountains where I could snowboard...but here in the UK there is little snow and it is always just dark, cold, boring and depressing...so no.
Love it:love: Though I don't enjoy being freezingggg...
No. Mainly because:
It's cold
There's a high chance of snow, and living in a rural area with quite a drive to school makes everything really complicated, especially when the bloody council can't organise itself to keep the roads clear. In short, winter=snow=nightmare to get to and from school. And don't say there's a chance it won't snow because for the four years we've lived here (in the Peak District) there has always been snow. And not little, either.
I love any excuse to wear a thick, oversized jumper! :h:
I love when it gets dark at 4pm because I like the feeling of walking home in the dark.
I love christmas season as well
Love winter, a chance to get all snuggly..
Winter fashion is amazing too..oversized chunky sweaters/cardigans, big chunky scarves, camel coats, fur, boots, the lot :ahee:
I love winter! for me it's all about fluffy socks, hot chocolate and wearing onesies :smile:
No because Christmas is in winter and I HATE travelling in the snow.
Original post by domlang123
No. Mainly because:
It's cold
There's a high chance of snow, and living in a rural area with quite a drive to school makes everything really complicated, especially when the bloody council can't organise itself to keep the roads clear. In short, winter=snow=nightmare to get to and from school. And don't say there's a chance it won't snow because for the four years we've lived here (in the Peak District) there has always been snow. And not little, either.

Then you get a day or two off whys that not a good thing?

Quick Reply

Latest