The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suli123
Have fun burning 🔥

Islamic hell doesn't exist. Any other sort of hell probably doesn't exist.
Original post by QE2
But you just said...
"Has anyone been there who has escaped death. No, no one has been able to do this."

So, which is it?
Has no one escaped death, or has someone escaped death?
Can't be both.

I sayed it cannot happen unless Allah wants.. If Allah wants to do something he just orders it & it happens..
Original post by MamzZass
Tbh I don't really believe in God anymore and there are a number of reasons why.

Firstly, the fact that God demands all of his creation to 'submit' to his will is preposterous especially so that they are sent to hell of they don't. It makes God out to be quite frankly an egotistical maniac self-obsessed with himself.

Secondly, the problem of evil and suffering. "either God cannot abolish evil or he will not. If he cannot then he is not all powerful; if he will not then he is not all good"(epicurus) to simplify this argument, some key beliefs are that God is omniopotent and omnibenevolent. But the problem of evil and suffering challenges this as how can a God with these characteristics let evil and suffering exist?

Finally, there are more reasons as to why I believe that God doesn't exist but I think the ones above illustrate view.
So to sum up, no I don't believe that the quran is the word of God simply because God can't exist. However, if he were to exist then God is not worthy of any praise and is in fact very flawed and his 'word' tbh is BS.

Great post! Very eloquent and succinct, which sums up the reasons most people identify with atheism and agnostic-atheism. I have a strong scientific background and keeping true to the philosophy of scientific proof, I identify myself as agnostic-atheist (more atheist than agnostic though) simply because science cannot prove or disprove the existence of a deity.

I am willing and open to changing my position and accepting the existence of a God if he/she/it chooses to reveal in an unambiguous and irrefutable way that he/she/it exists.

Theists NB. Just because it says so in a millennia+ old book which makes claims about itself, is in no way whatsoever acceptable as sufficient proof.
Original post by Muhammad Shehzar
If Allah wants to do something he just orders it & it happens..
Sort of like a Big Mac, large fries and coke?
Original post by Cobalt_
Now that is ignorance.

In what world do you think A SINGLE GENE determines your entire sexuality.
Jesus christ, I really hope youre not studying anything biology related.

Yes, I do biology, to be specific its anatomy and physiology.

Edit: I don't recall stating "A single gene determines your sexuality".
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kpizzle17
Well how do you know for sure? You say it's a choice so you may choose to one day?

Its a choice but I just know I won't.
Original post by QE2
You keep contradicting yourself.

If you are not attracted to women, you are not choosing to see nothing in them.

If you are choosing to find them unatractive, it means that you could choose to find them attractive, and could therefore have a sexual relationship with them.

If you say so.
Original post by QE2
So you claim that slavery is "right"?
Having sex with your female slaves is "right"?
Beating your disobedient wife is "right"?
100 lashes for people for having consensual, adult sex is "right"?
Killing those who oppose Islam is "right"?

All I can say is that I am mighty glad that only a tiny minority of the world's governments actually believe that the Quran is a guide to what is "right".

Coming to ur answers one by one..1) Slavery according to Islam means that when u fought a war & the people u arrested r considered to be slaves..& if they want to get free they may get by paying something which the other person demands. he can also pay money once or half-half.. Except this reason u cant make someone as a slave.. but it happens in many countries, people r kidnapped and then smugled & mad as slaves.. Is that right..?... 2)Having sex with ur female slaves(which I explained u above) is because now she is under ur rule, meant to say supervisor of her.. It is a clean relationship & better than Zina.. having sex without doing marrige is zina & in many foreign countries people gave it a name boyfriend-girlfriend to it... its far better than it.. 3) Its written as if ones wife disobeys him tell her not to do it, if she doesnot hear than dont sleep with her, if she still does not obey u then beat her.. & even after beating she doesnot obey u than there is no choice left except for divorce.. No one has the right to beat her, if they have not tried all the above things.. 4)I have also explain zina to u above, and that is the punishment for zina or rape.. 100 lashes to each one who have done it.. 5) Its called Jihad which means to spread the message of Allah without trying to harm them, and not insisting them to accept the Islam... but if they in rply harm u then u have all rights to defend urself..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 348
Original post by rat_bag
islamic hell doesn't exist. Any other sort of hell probably doesn't exist.

oh really😂😂
Original post by QE2
So you agree that there are many elements to who we are that we have no control over.

So you agree that some people resist their natural sexuality.

:confused:

Of course that are some elements we can't have control over but when it comes to sexual feeling, we can, unless there is totally something wrong with you.
Original post by QE2
So you are not choosing your sexuality. It is just the way you are.

Case closed, I think you'll agree.

Who makes me the person I am? its not natural, I make myself be who I am.
Original post by QE2
I have read the Quran (two different translations) consulting Ibn Kathir's tafsir, and it is quite clear that it is the work of 7th century Arabian culture, rather than the work of an omniscient, omnipotent, infallible supernatural being.

Yes, no-doubt Imam Ibn-e-Kathir has written one of the most prominent tafseer.. & the Quraan was sent 1400 years ago not at 7th century, it was present in the 7th century & before 7th century..
Yes, no-doubt Imam Ibn-e-Kathir has written one of the most prominent tafseer.. & the Quraan was sent 1400 years ago not at 7th century, it was present in the 7th century & before 7th century..

How do you know? You weren't there 1400 years ago. This is a reason you give to other people when they make claims about the Qur'an which you disagree with: it isn't a reason I think is valid, however it is a reason you think is valid
Original post by suli123
oh really😂😂

Yes. Didn't you know Islam is just a made up superstition?
Original post by Rat_Bag
How do you know? You weren't there 1400 years ago. This is a reason you give to other people when they make claims about the Qur'an which you disagree with: it isn't a reason I think is valid, however it is a reason you think is valid

ohhh!! plz u just try to oppose Islam, & u r in such a hate of Muslims & Islam it just shows through ur posts against Islam... :unimpressed:
Original post by Rat_Bag
Why isn't it good in the long run?

well we Muslims believe anyone who chooses to not believe in Allah, or believe in other gods go to hell. even if the person doesnt believe in the existence of god or hell , its still good to advice them even if they dont take it, this in turn also means that we as muslims wont be questioned by Allah because we didnt standing by watching our fellow sister sin. we talked to her and told her the pros and cons left her to her own decision which i do hope is one that is better for her future and afterlife

unless of course you didn't know the existence of Islam.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It's not the wrong path though. Loads of ex-muslims profess that the best decision they ever made was leaving Islam.

Now the OP has clearly expressed the desire not to see swarms of muslims invade this thread with their dawah and Qur'an quotes, why can't they respect that? If anything, muslims doing that are likely to make her dislike Islam even more.

no one sees as the wrong path now, because they believe they're free from the restriction of the religion but that wont be the case when she dies,
we have to warn our sister about the problems that will come her way! if she dislikes Islam more i hope Allah helps her because thats all that can help her.
ohhh!! plz u just try to oppose Islam, & u r in such a hate of Muslims & Islam it just shows through ur posts against Islam... :unimpressed:

I don't hate Muslims. Many people very close to me are Muslim.

What I am doing is pointing out to you that Islam is a false superstition that is obviously invented by men. It's for your benefit that you realise this, since when you step out of Islam you will receive a rush of freedom from escaping from being a slave to irrationality and made up bigotry (i.e Islam)
Original post by farhiyaserar
well we Muslims believe anyone who chooses to not believe in Allah, or believe in other gods go to hell.

Wow! And is it Islam that teaches you to hate like this?

Original post by farhiyaserar
even if the person doesnt believe in the existence of god or hell , its still good to advice them even if they dont take it, this in turn also means that we as muslims wont be questioned by Allah because we didnt standing by watching our fellow sister sin. we talked to her and told her the pros and cons left her to her own decision which i do hope is one that is better for her future and afterlife

unless of course you didn't know the existence of Islam.

So you believe, that your Allah who is ar-Rahim (most merciful), but lacks the mercy to stop endlessly and eternally torturing people in Hell. Torture that is even difficult to conceive, with fire, and being forced to drink boiling oil, having one's skin beaten and burnt off, and then have new skins on to start to torture and suffering all over again. Torture that even the cruellest, most sadistic, most unmerciful human on this planet has not inflicted on another human being. You believe your Allah, ar-Rahim is so merciful that he sends people to this hell forever?

And do you believe that an Atheist or a Hindu, who spends his entire life devoted to others, who never steals, never harms anybody, always positive to others, who gives all his wealth to charity, who works night and day and eventually discovers the cure for cancer: he will go hell because he knew of the existence of Islam and didn't become Muslim?

Whilst a Muslim, who lives his life selfishly, who steals, murders, rapes and is horrible to others all his life, but then he goes on Hajj in sincerity and dies on the way home: this man will go to Heaven?
Original post by Rat_Bag
Wow! And is it Islam that teaches you to hate like this?

So you believe, that your Allah who is ar-Rahim (most merciful), but lacks the mercy to stop endlessly and eternally torturing people in Hell. Torture that is even difficult to conceive, with fire, and being forced to drink boiling oil, having one's skin beaten and burnt off, and then have new skins on to start to torture and suffering all over again. Torture that even the cruellest, most sadistic, most unmerciful human on this planet has not inflicted on another human being. You believe your Allah, ar-Rahim is so merciful that he sends people to this hell forever?

And do you believe that an Atheist or a Hindu, who spends his entire life devoted to others, who never steals, never harms anybody, always positive to others, who gives all his wealth to charity, who works night and day and eventually discovers the cure for cancer: he will go hell because he knew of the existence of Islam and didn't become Muslim?

Whilst a Muslim, who lives his life selfishly, who steals, murders, rapes and is horrible to others all his life, but then he goes on Hajj in sincerity and dies on the way home: this man will go to Heaven?

there is no hate...

the main thing about Islam is believing in Allah, there no good that can out weigh the fact that you dont believe in Allah, except if Allah chooses so.

that man will go to heaven because he has a clean a slate. all his past sins are forgiven so they are not taken into consideration...

thats why Allah is ar-rahim: he forgives all sins except shirk-which is not believing in allah. its really simple

Latest

Trending

Trending