The Student Room Group

Can someone give me quranic evidence of the dark side of Islam?

I'm what you can call a modern/average muslim. I pray and all and you know just a normal person.

But everytime on TSR i see people criticising islam and the verses of the Quran.

So it's just a question, can someone please give evidence from the Quran, the "bad side of it" and all of that.
I was really scared when they said Jesus was going to kill me
Reply 2
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I was really scared when they said Jesus was going to kill me

Seriously, this is exactly what i was avoiding.
Original post by tso
Seriously, this is exactly what i was avoiding.

No no no

The worst thing is generic anti-Islamic social Conservatives Googling quotes then copy and pasting
Reply 4
No no no

The worst thing is generic anti-Islamic social Conservatives Googling quotes then copy and pasting

At least then i can look into it myself, actually look at the chapter in depth
Original post by tso
At least then i can look into it myself, actually look at the chapter in depth

That's pointless because you will just say it needs context or that the Pagans broke a treaty, Muslims agree with you and non-Muslims disagree with you, both sides will claim they won the argument and nothing will have been achieved.
This video explains it. It comes from geopolitics and political factions within Classical Islam.

[video="youtube;SAfUGTk55ME"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAfUGTk55ME [/video]
Reply 7
That's pointless because you will just say it needs context or that the Pagans broke a treaty, Muslims agree with you and non-Muslims disagree with you, both sides will claim they won the argument and nothing will have been achieved.

No, it's not that i want to go on and defend muslims on TSR but just to know both sides. Since i'm very familiar with the other.

So then aren't there any Qur'anic verses which show evidence of the "dark side of Islam" even when read in context? For example, one which says "Kill the pagans - not just a specific subset of them who have done something to deserve it - but any and all of them"?
Original post by tso
No, it's not that i want to go on and defend muslims on TSR but just to know both sides. Since i'm very familiar with the other.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that this same argument has happened dozens or times and each time the same people say the same things and people agree with what they want to believe.

Original post by tazarooni89
So then aren't there any Qur'anic verses which show evidence of the "dark side of Islam" even when read in context? For example, one which says "Kill the pagans - not just a specific subset of them who have done something to deserve it - but any and all of them"?

See above.

everything needs context though, religious argument or not
Original post by defenestrated
everything needs context though, religious argument or not

This is a problem because people who have already accepted the belief that Muhammad was a good man sent by God are more likely to believe that the Pagans were attacking him and he needed to defend himself than people who have a vested interest in claiming he was a warlord.
This is a problem because people who have already accepted the belief that Muhammad was a good man sent by God are more likely to believe that the Pagans were attacking him and he needed to defend himself than people who have a vested interest in claiming he was a warlord.

by that i meant context within the Qur'an - not taking quotes out of context when it's given
what does it say in the Qur'an about pagans?
Original post by defenestrated
by that i meant context within the Qur'an - not taking quotes out of context when it's given
what does it say in the Qur'an about pagans?

I meant the wars with the Pagans of Mecca
Don't hurt me pls

Spoiler

Reply 15
Original post by EastGuava
Don't hurt me pls

Spoiler

Thanks for the verse. The picture is quite funny lol

Quick Reply

Latest